Pirate 4x4 banner

M&M Chassis #21 - Hemi Powered CJ

119K views 844 replies 74 participants last post by  neversummersnwbd 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure why, but PJ gave me the honor of starting my own build thread...

This thing is a little bit out of his norm. Thankfully, PJ is a wicked patient guy, because I am not... We went back and forth a bit about the design of this. He had his ideas and I had mine... We both worked through it and came up with what you see below. I can't even explain how perfectly he nailed what I wanted... And trust me, I'm pretty f@cking specific... Simply awesome... I can't thank him enough and it's not even done yet... I'll save the rest of the typing for after the pics... Here's a few he sent me today... The first one was this morning, the next two were this afternoon...

All I can say... Even the wife loves it!

A little bit of specific info... Her name will be Big Stupid®. Only because the donor jeep was Big Stupid. Born from me yelling "Big Stupid Jeep" everytime something broke. Not to mention that everyone up here in New England has this habit of adding R's to the end of every word they say... I just figured that adding the ® to the end covered everything perfectly...

The technical: 5.7 Hemi - 545RFE Trans - 4.3 Atlas. D60, 14 Bolt. 41" Iroks

PJ and I's goal was to make this thing low and sexy... I think he got it.

A huge thanks to Patrick for making me do this... I hate him today and most days! :flipoff2:

Hope you guys like it... I do! :D

See less See more
#4 ·
So you had him build you a WOD evolution/revolution chassis? :flipoff2:
I figured that would come up... I won't lie, I did steel some styling from cues from other builders. If you look real close, it's mostly PJ. I had the idea when I saw his Out of Bounds chassis...

PJ is hands down one of the best out there... From the beginnings of our conversation to where we are now has been awesome. And believe me, I've pestered the shit out of him...

Here's a little donor vehicle deconstruction...

I've got another few days of deconstruct and then it's happy time!

#8 ·
Shit is weak :flipoff2:

When you going to pick it up? You got lucky by the way. Since I'll be home in less than 2 weeks there will be more for me to do than lurk pirate 16 hours a day and I won't completely fawk up your thread. Glad to see some progress on this. Now if Patrick would get off his ass and finish his up......

#20 ·
Take a seat with you. I'll give ya $100 if you swing by my place on your way back through and you're sitting in the chassis on the back of a trailer :D

You should stop by anyway when you come through PA. Assume you are shooting down 81 to get there and I'm about 5-10 min. off the highway. No matter what day, I'll be there probably in the garage (unless I'm at Rausch which is right off the highway too) working on the Scout for my dad.

#23 ·
What did he cut his Boggers and want to move down south to be a rock bouncer now.....WTF?? Tell him to get his head in the game. You should be doing ok $$ wise if you move those parts you got for sale. Let me know when you are going to pick it up and maybe we'll meet up on your way back through!

#25 ·
My head is in the game! Marc just needs something to do while he is waiting for his shit. :flipoff2: I had to order another ECM and that will be here in the am. I am getting ready to start back on it. Then the chase is on for him and the man lover chassis he is waiting for....:eek:

#26 ·
Glad you still got your shit straight. Hate to see you wasting money on houses and stuff if the buggy isn't finished. Good to hear you guys got your ORI order in too so maybe by the spring one of you will be ready to wheel :shaking:

#28 ·
Pics.

Ok it has been a busy couple days. Finally got some more progress and i think its coming together nicely. We are using some familiar lines and some of our own. Sorry for the dark pics, ill get better ones tomorrow.

Automobile repair shop Vehicle Car Chassis Steel

Automobile repair shop Vehicle Car Auto part Subcompact car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Jeep

#30 ·
Why is it you seem to have a plethora of dudes with boner pics :rainbow:

PJ the lines look really nice on this one. Waiting to see how the back comes out as I'm kind of a fan of that fastback look on it.

And Marc you should be ready for a shakedown run in March then right?? Ok I'll be the guy bugging you everyday to finish it so we can wheel :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.