Pirate 4x4 banner

fluid coolers

5K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  yj92jeep 
#1 ·
What is everyone running for coolers? Trans and power steering? I've been running Derale tube and fin style with a fan. One for each. I'm thinking of switching to the all aluminum mini radiator style. Trans could use some more cooling. Steering I'm thinking heat sink style. What and where is the best place to source the mini rad style?

#11 ·
Yup, 3/4 ton and up Ford products are a great place to look for fluid coolers. Super duty trucks have all kinds of oil/trans/steering cooler options on them. I have the external trans cooler off an old IDI truck on my Toyota for a steering cooler.

Toyota Highlanders with the tow package (maybe the regular ones too) have a tranny cooler sized just right for a good P/S cooler too.

I do install a lot of Tru-Cool products at work and have never had a problem with them though if junkyard parts aren't bling enough.

#4 ·
I use a stacked plate for my trans (no more overheating)
Tru-Cool # LPD47391 40,000 GVW rating, 45,000 BTU rating
8 1/2 x 22 3/4 x 1 1/4 inch

and a tube and fin for both my steering and engine oil

#5 ·
I can get you good pricing on these oil coolers from CBR. They are my preferred choice for engine oil and transmission cooling. For steering I like to use the Howe trophy truck coolers. PM or email me and I can get you a quote.

Oil Coolers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.