Pirate 4x4 banner

Maneuver's Scout Buggy

41K views 155 replies 38 participants last post by  TheGriz 
#1 · (Edited)
Maneuver's Scout Skinned Buggy

Tore down my last build to start fresh. It would have been too much work for a less than desired result to modify my YJ/Buggy.

Tube chassis - 4 seater
Front Skins from my 64 Scout 80
350SBC with a mild cam, running propane EDIT- Now going back to gasoline.
700r4
Stak 3.75 2 Spd
Ford 79 - Dana 60 - Full Hydro, 35sp Cromos (in/out), Longfield Super-Joints, Parts Mike HS Arms, Lockright
14b - Detroit
42" Iroks on re-centered H1s
4 link front/rear

Onto the pics:

Started with some new additions to the shop:
- Air over Hydraulic added to the bender
- JD2 Notchmaster (should have gone this route on my last build)

Started the main rails

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks. These pics show my progress from the past couple months and I'm now caught up.

I'm currently debating about how to tube the front. The rail-tubes will be cut shorter and have the recovery points welded in, once I finalize everything. Some options:

1. Tube it along the fender's bottom edge that ties into a grill hoop. It might be hard to match the shape of the grill and I'm not sure this is the look I want.

2. Tube it along the fender's bottom edge, curving in and tying into a small'ish stinger.

3. Terminate the fender tubes at the back of the grill, and make a matching tube structure that sits a few inches above the current "bumper" area.

Not really sure how I want to go...

#16 ·
Working on a swing-down rack/mount for the propane tanks. Anyone who has lifted propane tanks up and into a buggy can understand my desire for easier loading. This also allows me to mount them closer to the back seat without have to have clearance for the clamps.

More to come on that.

#25 ·
BSROBER3 came over tonight and we started knocking out some of the roof tubing. Thanks man!

I'm not sure if I like the rear shock uppers. Cutting curves is not my forte. I may want to redo these on a CNC up at the techshop.

Lots of other progress, but no pics at the moment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.