Pirate 4x4 banner

Pic of how you mounted your Atlas

4K views 13 replies 13 participants last post by  customcreationsllc 
#1 ·
Hey guys .. I done a few searches but there isn't a thread on how you mounted your atlas in your buggies...
We are fitting a V6 T700 atlas to one of our crawlers and have had a few people tell us different ways to mount it..
Please post up your pics of how you have mounted your atlas..
Thanks
Matt

#8 ·
My old rig had a 700r4/atlas, I mounted the adapter to the trans housing with no rear supports, broke tail housings on command. Added two mounting brackets from adapter to trans and no breakage 5 years later, without tail support. That chassis didn't accommodate one very well. New chassis will have th400/atlas with rear support.

#14 ·
I can understand the T-case mount putting more stress on the tail housing.
It over constrains the drive train to the chassis.
I think the problem comes when the chassis flex and the chassis is going to flex.
If you mount both the transmission and the t-case especially to the lower sub-frame which gets smashed on rocks all day, the trans/t-case is not designed to those external loads.

I'm actually in the middle of mounting my drive train.
I'm dropping my drive train in from the top (welded skid) and hang all my mounts off my 2 main frame rails.
Since mounting the transmission is a pain (on the bottom) I'm not going to run the transmission mount and only run the Atlas tail housing mount.
I thought about making it a shackle so it only takes vertical loads.
I'm also going to make amount off the rear of the front output cover for anti rotation.

I'm running an Ecotec to AX-15 so a light drive train. I think the atlas weighs more than the AX-15.

I think it will be good but I'll know if it actually works in a couple years.

I should have pictures of the mounts in my build thread in few weeks
~Justin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.