Pirate 4x4 banner

Remote Start Install

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  JM93LiftedYJ 
#1 ·
How big of a pain is it?

Parents got a brand new Honda CRV. For Xmas I was going to see about getting them a remote start. This is what I had in mind: ScyTek Galaxy 2000RS 2W-1C 2-Way Remote Starter System

I was going to get that then install it with my Dad. We've done a couple things like this before like wiring in my Dad's plow and some stereo systems. Just not sure how difficult this is. Is this something that should be installed by someone that does this for a living? :confused:

#4 ·
#82748: 2011 HONDA FIT 4DR HATCHBACK WITH 1.5L ENGINE AND 4-SPEAKER AUDIO SYSTEM

Security
WIRE COLOR POLARITY LOCATION
Battery WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
THIS WIRE IS FUSED AT 50 AMPS
Ignition 1 YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter 1 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Domelight Super BLUE (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
LF Latch BLUE (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
RF Latch LIGHT GREEN (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
LR Latch PINK (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
RR Latch GREEN (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
Trunk Trigger ORANGE (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
RED AT TRUNK SWITCH
Hood Trigger VIOLET (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
ONLY ON VEHICLES WITH FACTORY ALARM
Alarm Disarm GREEN (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
TEST THIS WIRE WHILE TURNING THE KEY IN THE DRIVER DOOR LOCK CYLINDER
Alarm Arm VIOLET (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
TEST THIS WIRE WHILE TURNING THE KEY IN THE DRIVER DOOR LOCK CYLINDER
Parking Lights GRAY (+) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
Low Crr Pk Lights GRAY (-) LIGHT SWITCH HARNESS
ALSO AT UNDER DASH FUSEBOX PIN M7
Convenience
Headlights-Lo RED (-) VEHICLE LIGHT SWITCH
ALSO AT UNDER DASH FUSEBOX PIN M5
All Hazrd Lights PINK (+) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
ALSO AT VEHICLE HAZARD SWITCH
Wipers-Lo ORANGE (-) WIPER CONTROL SWITCH
ALSO AT UNDER DASH FUSEBOX PIN #M11
Wipers-Hi RED (-) WIPER CONTROL SWITCH
ALSO AT UNDER DASH FUSEBOX PIN M10
Parking Brake ORANGE (-) PARKING BRAKE SWITCH
ALSO IN HARNESS TO GAUGES
Remote Start
Battery WHITE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
THIS WIRE IS FUSED AT 50 AMPS
Ignition 1 YELLOW (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory 1 ORANGE (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Accessory 2 RED (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Starter 1 PINK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Anti-Theft Type UNIVERSAL IMMOBILIZER
Anti-Theft Descript THE KEY SENDS AN RF SIGNAL TO THE BCM MODULE THROUGH AN ANTENNA LOCATED AROUND THE IGNITION CYLINDER
Key Sense GRAY (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
ALSO IN IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS
Neutral Safety ORANGE (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
ON AUTOMATIC VEHICLES THIS WIRE WILL TEST (-) WHEN THE CAR IS IN PARK OR NEUTRAL, ON MANUAL VEHICLES THIS WIRE WILL TEST (-) WHEN THE CLUTCH PEDAL IS DEPRESSED
Tachometer LIGHT BLUE (AC) AT PCM MODULE UNDER HOOD
Crankshaft Sensor BLUE (AC) IN HARNESS AT PCM MODULE BETWEEN BATTERY AND FIREWALL
DO NOT DISCONNECT PCM MODULE - OBTAIN WIRE CONNECTION IN BUNDLED HARNESS GOING TO PCM OR GET THE WIRE AT THE SENSOR ON BOTTOM OF ENGINE NEAR ENGINE MOUNT UNDER A BLACK PLASTIC COVER.
Camshaft Sensor GREEN (AC) IN HARNESS AT PCM MODULE BETWEEN BATTERY AND FIREWALL
DO NOT DISCONNECT PCM MODULE - OBTAIN WIRE CONNECTION IN BUNDLED HARNESS GOING TO PCM OR GET THE WIRE AT THE SENSOR ON TOP OF ENGINE NEAR THROTTLE BODY.
Speed Sense BLUE (AC) RADIO HARNESS
ALSO AT PCM PIN A30
Parking Lights GRAY (+) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
Low Crr. Pk Lights GRAY (-) LIGHT SWITCH HARNESS
ALSO AT UNDER DASH FUSEBOX PIN M7
Brake Lights LIGHT GREEN (+) AT SWITCH ABOVE BRAKE PEDAL
Reverse Lights GREEN (+) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
Horn ORANGE (-) IN HARNESS TO STEERING COLUMN
Rear Defrost VIOLET
ALSO AT UNDER DASH FUSEBOX PIN K2, THIS WIRE WILL CONTROL HEATED MIRRORS IF EQUIPPED
Modules
WIRE LOCATION
Module 1 PCM - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE - UNDER HOOD NEAR DRIVER SIDE FIREWALL
Module 2 ABS CONTROL MODULE - UNDER HOOD ON PASSENGER SIDE
Module 3 MICU - UNDER DRIVER SIDE OF DASH ATTACHED TO FUSE BOX
Doorlocks/Windows
Power Unlock GRAY (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
A DOUBLE PULSE ON THE FACTORY ALARM DISARM WIRE WILL ALSO UNLOCK ALL DOORS
PowerLock LIGHT BLUE (-) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
A PULSE ON THE FACTORY ALARM ARM WIRE WILL ALSO LOCK THE DOORS
Driver Mtr Unlock LIGHT GREEN (REV) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
Driver Mtr Lock PINK (REV) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
Pas Mtr Unlock YELLOW (REV) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
Pas Mtr Lock LIGHT BLUE (REV) UNDER DASH FUSEBOX
LF Window Up ORANGE (REV) MAIN POWER WINDOW SWITCH
LF Window Dn BLUE (REV) MAIN POWER WINDOW SWITCH
RF Window Up WHITE (REV) MAIN POWER WINDOW SWITCH
RF Window Dn YELLOW (REV) MAIN POWER WINDOW SWITCH
LR Window Up VIOLET (REV) MAIN POWER WINDOW SWITCH
LR Window Dn GREEN (REV) MAIN POWER WINDOW SWITCH
RR Window Up LIGHT GREEN (REV) MAIN POWER WINDOW SWITCH
RR Window Dn RED (REV) MAIN POWER WINDOW SWITCH

Note: Code Systems makes no representation or warranty with respect to the above information including its accuracy, completeness, or its freedom from third parties' proprietary rights. Code Systems disclaims all liability or responsibility for errors or omissions therein or any decision made by the recipient in reliance thereon. The installer must verify any circuitry with the proper test equipment prior to installation.

#8 ·
I did my Honda Accord last year.

it was the first one I have ever installed.

It was actually very easy.

It took less than 2 hours.

You only need to install a few wires.

The system has many more functions than necessary.

I ran the following

Power to the unit (ran 8 gauge from battery, used inline fuse)
Ground
wire to starter wire (main harness on steering wheel)
wire to ACC 2 wire (main harness on steering wheel)
Wire to ACC 1 wire (ran to fuse box)

That is it.

Here is the info for your truck - you can ignore what the other person wrote above

Here is all you need - your car is even easier than mine cause you can tap into the harness at the fuse box for all your connections.

In order for the system to start the car this is all you need to hook up these 3 wires plus ground.

Battery WHITE (+) DRIVERS FUSEBOX - TOP PLUG
Ignition 1 BLUE (+) DRIVERS FUSEBOX - TOP PLUG
Starter 1 YELLOW (+) DRIVERS FUSEBOX - TOP PLUG

Here is a link to a great site for info and a forum

2007 honda CRV schematics

My wife absolutely loves it. We use it all winter long. Nothing better then a nice warm car first thing in the morning.

#10 ·
crispins:15042553 said:
I did my Honda Accord last year.

it was the first one I have ever installed.

It was actually very easy.

It took less than 2 hours.

You only need to install a few wires.

The system has many more functions than necessary.

I ran the following

Power to the unit (ran 8 gauge from battery, used inline fuse)
Ground
wire to starter wire (main harness on steering wheel)
wire to ACC 2 wire (main harness on steering wheel)
Wire to ACC 1 wire (ran to fuse box)

That is it.

Here is the info for your truck - you can ignore what the other person wrote above

Here is all you need - your car is even easier than mine cause you can tap into the harness at the fuse box for all your connections.

In order for the system to start the car this is all you need to hook up these 3 wires plus ground.

Battery WHITE (+) DRIVERS FUSEBOX - TOP PLUG
Ignition 1 BLUE (+) DRIVERS FUSEBOX - TOP PLUG
Starter 1 YELLOW (+) DRIVERS FUSEBOX - TOP PLUG

Here is a link to a great site for info and a forum

2007 honda CRV schematics

My wife absolutely loves it. We use it all winter long. Nothing better then a nice warm car first thing in the morning.
I would not recommend hooking it up at the fuse box. Also since this is a brand new car will warranty cover a issue with the ignition if this is not hooked up by a certified tech? Will warranty cover a fuse box issue with the wires being taped?

#11 ·
You hook it to the wires in the harness going into the fuse box.
That is why there are colors listed not fuse location numbers.

I said it was easier as on my Honda I had to tap into the wires on the main harness going up the steering column which are harder to get to.

Also if you think tape is the correct method to connect wires together then you need to report to the fail thread, you will fit in nice there.

#12 · (Edited)
Parents got a brand new Honda CRV.
Security technology has come a long way since 2007. I seriously doubt the 2012 (2013?) CRV is going to start with 3 wires tied in.

We use a plug in module for remote start on mercedes. Tees in to the wiring harness at the ignition switch. It works pretty well, but it's like $1000 installed.

I recently had a car with a remote start box that was installed wrong, fried the ignition switch and shifter module. The dealer that installed it had to pay for all the repairs.

#14 ·
Thats great, when the OP wants to install an anto start in his mercedes I think he should talk to you.

However, the OP is installing on (or thinking about) a Honda CRV, a very simple vehicle. Instead of talking about how an auto start works on a Lamborghini I provided info on his car, a CRV.

Instead of spending time here running off on things that do not matter to the OP, I spent a few mins reading the forums on the12volt.com

The 07-12 is the same model year. Same fucking wiring diagram.

Also I read about how to bypass the security function of the CRV and instead of buying a $40 bypass module you can just run +12 from the auto start to one of the pins on the main harness connector.

Hondas are very simple and installing alarms or auto starts on them are very simple as well.

Also to the person who posted that anything aftermarket sucks and he should spend more money to buy the factory system instead, WTF are you on this forum for? This is a forum for people who are not afraid to modify factory equipment for the cheap to make it work better.

#17 ·
to the OP check with Honda and see if a factory remote start was a option on it
generally its new remotes and the dealer needs to flash/reprogram the computer
this is good since its dealer installed and covered under warranty
bad since the range usually sucks with them vs a aftermarket unit

a good name brand aftermarket PROPERLY INSTALLED remote starter will be alot better but I would never have anyone else install one

#18 ·
Viper..END OF STORY...or almost any DEI product at that. And for any quality remote start, there WILL be more then the 3 wires listed above. Did you forget about the brake pedal kill switch? Hood pin deactivation switch? TACH signal wire so the vehicle doesnt crank and crank and crank? Your unit may have only had 3 wires, but it wasn't a quality unit.

I have had my Viper 5701 in my 86 Bronco for 3 years with out a single issue. This is a remote start/ 2 way security system, took about 4 hours to install. I must recommend soldering and shirk wrap ALL connections and TEST TEST TEST before hooking them up.. As mentioned above the12volt is a GREAT reference guide for this.

Not trying to rub anyone the wrong way, just giving my 2 cents ( I did this for a living). Which seems to be all its worth these days!

#19 ·
Totally forgot about the warranty.

Honda does sell a factory one, but its something like $600 and gets really poor reviews.

I'm not sure what the year is. Brand new. Soooo 2012? 2013? Iunno. I'm going to pass on this. I have a feeling I'm getting too over my head on this one.

Thanks guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.