Pirate 4x4 banner

Best NE Trail ride weekend event?

783 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  smewhtguy 
#1 ·
In your opinion, what Eastern weekend trail ride event is best?
I'm talking more specifically: IN, OH, PA, WV, KY, VA, MD...

Just curious what are some of the larger, more challenging events...
with built rigs.

I know of a few, just curious if you guys could mention a few that you have attended & really liked the terrain.

Pics would be great!! Thanks!

#4 ·
Agreed, every big event I've been to, there is usually a line for the big obstacles. When you finally get to them time pressure of not wanting to clog up the trail, can cause you break more shit or not make one you could have, had you taken your time and found the right line.

#5 ·
I guess that's true. The show off factor comes into play.
Im gonna try to hit possibly Big Dogs at some poinf in the future... it's about 4 hours from me. That's the one I had in mind, but I've also heard good things about Harlan too.

Rausch Creek is also about 4-4.5 hours too. I went there once in 2005 for 12 Hours of America ATV race.... but I didn't see any 4x4 trails & quite honestly wasn't too impressed with the old strip mined type terrain. Anybody think Rausch is worth a visit?

I'm about 25 min from Wellsville "Yellow Creek" which is some of the best wheeling around. I'll be hitting it up as much as possible this upcoming season.

Also, there are quite a few fairly new parks in Westen Pennsylvania.
-Outback Adventure Park, Six Points PA
-Rock Run, Patton PA
-Doe Valley
-Scrubgrass OHV

... just to mention a few. All very nice places I've heard. I've been to Outback once, it was a good time for moderate rigs. But they didn't have much for the built guys.

One Question... for Big Dogs, maybe it would be best to just keep an eye on their forum & hook up with a small group of similarly-built club members for a semi-private visit to the trails in Winchester, VA? I'm sure they'd be willing to take a non club member out with em?

Ok cool, thanks guys

#7 ·
Rausch Creek is also about 4-4.5 hours too. I went there once in 2005 for 12 Hours of America ATV race.... but I didn't see any 4x4 trails & quite honestly wasn't too impressed with the old strip mined type terrain. Anybody think Rausch is worth a visit?
The ATV race would have been at the Trail Riders and not the off road park. Two different areas and trails.

#8 ·
Gore is great, the big doggs events can get crowded but the bbrc run is the best time to go its a smaller event run by great people. Gore aka the cove is only open about 6 weekends a year for wheeling, the rest of the time it is camp only.
Rausch is a good time, our crew does a few trips a year up there and always have a good time. Nice mix of hardcore obstacles, challenging trail rides and go fast sections.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.