Pirate 4x4 banner

Recharging Shocks

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  94toytruck 
#1 ·
I am getting ready to rebuild a couple SAW Air shocks and I was wondering what everyone was using to recharge the nitrogen. I the kits you can find are very pricey for what is in them. Does anyone have a cheaper option? Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
#4 · (Edited)
Nitrogen Tire Inflation Kit with Nitrogen Tank
$179.99

No personal experience with this setup but it seems cheap! It says it goes up to 450 PSI so it stands to reason it could charge shocks.

Plus you get a bottle holder that doubles as a walking cane!

#7 · (Edited)
I got all my stuff on ebay and no more than $200 into it all. Bought a 40cu/in bottle for like $80, 600psi regulator for around $60, hvac hose for $10, misc fittings under $10, and exchange bottle for full from local welding supply $30. I first got a standard air chuck then picked up a "no-loss" chuck later. I prefer the standard chuck myself and wouldn't waste the coin on a "no-loss" one.

edit: a 20 cu/in bottle is probably more than adequate but I got the 40 mainly because it fits in the same brackets as my CO2 tank so I can clamp it into my towrig mount and not have it rolling around. The cost was pretty marginal between the sizes for buying and exchanging it for the double the amount you get.

#8 ·
Some factory cars are coming with nitrogen filled tires. There is a local shop here that keeps nitrogen for this. He charged me $10 the first time and it was free the second. I am a happy customer. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.