Pirate 4x4 banner

lug nuts for 9/16" studs and 8 lug wheel spacers???

9K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  175675 
#1 ·
I'm having hell trying to find a lug nut that will go in a wheel spacer and take a 9/16" thread wheel stud.

The spacers are unknown brand and were originally setup for 1/2" studs. The hole in the spacer is 1.165" diameter where the socket needs to go in them. The largest socket that will go in the hole is a 13/16" thin wall. This causes a big problem cause the smallest lug nut dorman lists takes a 7/8" socket.

Has anyone run into this before (someone must have)? Any ideas?

Mike

#9 · (Edited)
Then he can just two 45 degree lug nuts. Just kidding.

I have a set of spacers that use the same lug.

Most likely they are 60 degree seats. I have had a terrible time finding them in the past also. They are available though. 9/16x 18. With 13/16 head on them. Last time I got some was from a local tire shop.

#12 ·
Not sure why other than "thats how they were made". I looked at boring them up to 1.188 but that would only leave about .210 of material around the holes.

I'm basically down to two options: chamfr them to 60° or take done acorn nuts with a 3/4 hex I have and cut them down so they will fit in the holes. Time to look at enco's site and see if I can find a cost effective 120° included angle counter sink.

#14 ·
i have the same issue. currently seeking a way to resolve this.

i believe the lugnuts that came with the spacers are for a 18mm socket. but they go on the 9/16 x 18 stud :homer:

i believe i bought these things off ebay from "tireshopsupply" or "tireshopsupplies" i need to look and see if they offer just the lug nuts instead of their wheelspacers.

im glad you started this thread and not me :flipoff2:

#16 ·
Lug nuts

Wheel Adapter 8650-8650D Wheel Adapters

I run wheel spacers on my dexter trailer axles to run stock 06 chevy rims on my 8 lug trailer axles, The wheel spacers take special lugs that came with the spacers, and they are smaller, the taper is bigger than the actual lug that the socket fits over. I also bought lug nuts that are a standard thread to fit the adapter, but has the threaded outside for the factory Chevy caps to fit on my trailer.

This company had all of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.