Pirate 4x4 banner

hypoid puller kit for dana 60/70 gear setup

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  xj9140 
#1 ·
I am re doing some gears on my dana 70 axle and the bearing splitter i'm using is a pain in the ass. If you are not careful can damage the pinion shims. Are the Yukon puller kits any good or what tools are you fellas using to setup hypoid gears?

#5 ·
I didn't pay that for it since I bought it though the dealership I worked at. I think it was around $200 or so and came in a nice heavy Plano tool box. I've had the set for about 15 years or more.

#6 ·
Them Fuckers from India stole Randy's design. Along with a lot of other Yukon speced products. But, I shouldn't talk because I use cheepy Durasolid 35 spline stub shafts.

I didn't pay that for it since I bought it though the dealership I worked at. I think it was around $200 or so and came in a nice heavy Plano tool box. I've had the set for about 15 years or more.
I would pay that for it if I could find it.

#7 ·
I have the Durasolid one bought straight through their website, it's worked flawlessly for me so far. It works on damn near everything I've wanted. I got the extra set of clamshells for the Sterling 10.25 and 10.5, haven't used it yet but I've got a sterling of my own now so thankfull I did.

The only bearings I've done so far that the puller has not worked for was a 14 bolt pinion bearing. The gap between the clamshell thats too small and the next one up, lands it on the bearing cage instead of the inner bearing race. I successfully pulled a 14bolt pinion bearing like this recently, but had another that was extremely stubborn and had the cage remove itself from the rest of the bearing, so a new was in order. I want to make a clamshell that works for the 14 bolt, then it will be much more universal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.