Pirate 4x4 banner

One of these things is not like the other...

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  FORDTECHGURU 
#1 ·
Any thoughts on the two bearing/seal setups that came out of my Ford 9"? I was told that it has Alloy USA shafts but didn't see any indications or markings on them.

Obviously one of the races stayed in the housing, but I'm curious about the rest of the setup. It also has a retainer that is clearly not OEM.

See less See more
#4 ·
The alloy USA shafts I just got had an aluminum logo plate stuck on the end which I promptly smashed pressing the bearings on. There was also no hole in the axle flange to access the retainer bolts. Not sure if they are all like that, but my scout shafts were and that appeared to match the photo on their site. That was the only thing that stood out as not oe style.

#6 ·
Obviously one of the races stayed in the housing, but I'm curious about the rest of the setup. It also has a retainer that is clearly not OEM.

This looks like a repair axle bearing. If the axle is worn/damaged where the bearing rides, you can buy this style bearing where it transfers the load to a unworn part of the axle.
I'm not saying they are great but they do work for DD's

#14 ·
set 10 bearings usually have the smaller press on ring like the right and set 20 have the larger one like on the left but both fit on the same shaft just larger OD bearing.

Just run with it.

#15 ·
While I'm sure I haven't seen all the iterations of the Set 10 shaft collars, the smaller of the two pictured still appears to be a fair bit larger than any of the 100's I've installed. I've also never seen one with that taper on one end either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.