Pirate 4x4 banner

Van Alstine V100 groover

6K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  Ak_F250 
#1 ·
Van Alstine V100 Tire Groover - Speedway Motors, America's Oldest Speed Shop

New guy on the block? Just noticed it in Speedways 2012 holiday buyers guide.

I've used the G-1000 before and its absolutely amazing. Wondering how the v100 stacks up? Still instant on but without the control box and a slightly better price. Pulling the trigger on one this week so I figured I'd check with the professionals here first.

#8 ·
Those red handled ones do not like to be plugged in long as the handle will start to melt off it. they are pure junk imo, You can only leave them plugged in for about 20 mins at most. Spend the extra coin on the ideal and have a decent one, I can leave my ideal plugged in for hours and have no issues.

#13 ·
Naw, haven't dropped the coin just yet. I'm thinking I should just buy the tried and true model though but I'm a glutton for punishment and love trying out new products, just like the red handle ideal copy heat gun from speedway. "sure, it will work just the same, and look, more watts". Thats probably why the ideal only puts out 250 watts or w/e, so the fawking handle doesn't melt.

#19 · (Edited)
I own the V100 and have used the GV1000 quite a bit. If you're removing a ton of rubber the 1000 is the better of the two because the 100 is limited to the smaller V series blades. I don't think there's any way to sipe with the 100 either.
Performance wise, I haven't actually done a side by side comparison of the two, but my 100 cuts very well and it doesn't feel inferior to the 1000 with the smaller blades that I usually use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.