Pirate 4x4 banner

14 bolt disk with e brake

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  broncoguy 
#1 ·
I have a 14 bolt from a Chevy truck (80s) I swapped to disk brakes and has been working great with the front Chevy calipers.

I want an e brake for safety. I have line locks already. Any "cheap" suggestions on how to add one?

I have looked into stand alone e-brake calipers but haven't found one that will fit the larger rotor thickness.

Would ford calipers with the e brake built in fit? I hate to swap calipers though since these work really good now.

Thanks for suggestions.

#7 ·
just went through this. sell your 'old' 14 bolt. the eldorado calipers will leave you wanting more from everything ive read.

go find a 'newer' 14 bolt off a GM 2500. its got the same insides as the older 14's, but has the ebrake built into the brake hats. i picked up one for $300 out of an 04 2500 truck.

#15 ·
I here ya on the driveshaft issue, As long as the output on the transfer holds you should still have brakes on the front, provided you are locked in at the time.

Curious to see what you come up with as I am in the same boat with my 14 bolt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.