Pirate 4x4 banner

Badass sexy panty dropping shock mount thread

37K views 106 replies 50 participants last post by  BBM5252 
#1 ·
I searched didn't see one, I think there are definitely a lot out there worthy of being shown off.Uppers and lowers. So how about a picture thread like the axle truss thread. I know the new Penhall build, the top shelf, UFO all have some really slick one's thought it would be some good inspiration for those of us trying to play with the cool kids and put them all together.

And for some tech: If the front shocks(c/o and bypass) are mounted on the lower links that are triangulated do the upper mounts need to mimic the lowers in regaurds to the triangulation? Or can they be mounted in the same plane? Ie: one bolt could theoretically mount both? Flame away . Ryan

#2 ·
I'll play....and I'll set the bar low :laughing:

Upper was based off Alxj64's design, lowers were designed by me in AutoCAD and then cut on a buddy's plasma CNC.

I trimmed the tube sticking off the frame after these pics. My fat ass 35 Krawlers on 15x10 beadlocks rub the paint off but once I go with a 15x8 or get different tires/wheels/axles/super88 it will be perfect.

Here's the lowers. They allow adjustment to use different travel shocks. I have 11" travel BBCS from Poly Performance on there now but might go to a 12 -14" shock in the future and wanted some adjustment. They came out great but I didn't get any good pictures when I welded them on.

#11 ·
I don't think when Valley Auto started this thread he was looking for a picture of your shit turd curved hoop butt welded to the frame with a Rancho RS5000 shock.

Woodlee creation

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)
These threads are dumb. They always turn into 10% ideas and 90% bitching about the definition of badass.

Maybe the thread police need to chime in here with what qualifies a shock mount as "panty dropping" before the thread goes further. Hell, the first guy to post an idea had a simple but slick setup for adjusting shock mounting for tuning different shock lengths, but all anyone could focus on was if his upper mount was the wrong direction.

So what exactly is badass?

Overcomplicated?
TIG welded?
Exotic materials?
Lots of dimples?
$10k worth of shocks?
Race cars only?

Sorry Valley Auto. No offense intended, but it looks like this thread is already headed that direction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.