Pirate 4x4 banner

Goodyear MTR 40" Stickies in the Snow.........

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  jeaton 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried them in the snow and have feedback? Do they ice up like red labels?

#2 ·
Were the red lables you are talking about "icing up" treated with whatever the stuff is that the comp guys put on them? (makes them crack really bad)

Because the red lables my buddy and I had, (2 different sets) had that stuff on it, you can see in the pic what I'm talking about.

I was told this stuff makes them soften up even more with heat, so I always figured that if they soften more with heat, then they would harden with cold and thats why they suck in the snow.

I guess that doen't answer your question. But I would guess that If they were never treated with this crap and they have decent tread, they should do the same as DOT MTR's.

#6 ·
As stated above BFG reds freeze in the cold and therefore suck ass in the snow. I would imagine any sticky comp tire would do the same. MTR kevars have a good reputation in the snow. I don't know if you are asking about MTR stickies, but I would imagine they would also suck in the snow. FWIW I got regular MTR Kevalars just for snow tires.

#8 ·
i iroc stickys work just fine in the snow totally diferent compound than the bfg reds i cant comment on the mtr stickys as ive only ever seen one set up here in canukistan and it was the one day a year we didnt have snow :flipoff2::flipoff2:

#11 ·
It's official. They suck for snow, especially compact snow or ice. at 6 psi they couldn't go where bald TSL's at 25psi were going. Any hill or off camber meant sliding downhill. The tires get really hard, and there's a night and day difference from a non sticky when compared side by side, both in the hardness of the tire, and performance.... :emb2:

I would never wheel in snow on stickies ever again. :laughing:

#12 ·
That sucks to hear. I have 42 irok stickies and they kick ass in the snow. I have two friends that have regular 42 and mine work better than their tires...btw, I use to run regular 42 irok tires on the same rig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.