Pirate 4x4 banner

New 14 Bolt Brake Lines Leaking

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Mh4Runner 
#1 ·
I just finished up my 14 Bolt build and my new brake lines are leaking a little. I bled both calipers on the 14 Bolt and the calipers on the front. It's not leaking much, just a tiny bit at the 2 connections from the hard line to the soft line and at my t-junction on the truss. There are no leaks at the caliper though. The pedal feels a tiny bit softer than before with the D44 (which also had rear disc brakes BTW), but it doesn't go to the floor. Is there still air in the system maybe? :confused:

See less See more
#5 ·
Loosen and tighten the flared ends a few times to seat the flares and then tighten them down real good the final time. If that does not work you need to re do the leaking fittings. Zero leaks are allowed.

#6 ·
I like to hold everything perfectly in line when tightening down those flared connections. If you just thread it together and tighten with it cockeyed it won't seal properly, thus leaking...

#8 ·
Are you using a flare nut wrench, or an open end wrench? You can't put much force on the tube nuts with an open end wrench.

As far as the pedal feel, were the D44's calipers of the same displacement as your 14 bolts calipers. You may have increased the surface area of the pistons, which would then require a larger master cylinder bore to compensate for the increase in fluid volume required to move the pistons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.