Pirate 4x4 banner

Speed Pro Pistons

847 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  mrboyle 
#1 ·
What are folk's experiences with this brand? I'm looking at a set of 6.9 diesel pistons on ebay for dirt cheap but I want to make sure I'm not getting some sort of chinese junk. It looks like speed pro is another federal mogul brand but I've just never seen diesel pistons from them before.

Thanks,
~John

#3 ·
i don't know about in a diesel either, but i have ran them in a couple of drag engines before. one had a healthy dose of nitrous with no problems for over 2 years. they are a good quality forged piston for the price.

#4 ·
Speed Pro Pistons are or were made by TRW and were also made for federal mogul by TRW as well... All three suppliers used the same part numbers for individual engines in the past. They are good products with a quality that are second to none as a replacement piston for a rebuilt engine.
20 years ago they were supplied to the big 3 as well as the aftermarket and are widely used by engine rebuilders up to this day...
They can be bought as cast, forged, as well hypertherm pistons.
Of course for a diesel engine they will be forged to take that kind of cylinder presures.
I say use em... There should be no issue.
Kelly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.