Pirate 4x4 banner

hummer tire advice 1 ton

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  icalbert101 
#1 ·
I feel like this should be out there already but I can't find it. can anybody tell me how the hummer tires do on on 350 I keep hearing that thmight as well be made out of steel but that was from jeep guys. are these decent for a 1 ton. I'll be back in AK soon and don't want to buy somethign that's going to be like driving on ice with tires made from ice

#3 ·
In my experience they ride just fine on my Ramcharger but I do tend to like how old trucks ride, not this pussy 4WD minivan bullshit the manufacturers make now. I like a truck to ride like a truck. As for performance, the 37" MTs do fine on most things but they are a heavy, stiff tire and in my experience they do not do well on ice. The compound is a bit hard and they don't seem to grip slick surfaces very well. They might be improved with some siping, but for me I'll just use chains if I need to go anywhere on ice.

#4 ·
"they do not do well on ice"

that's what I was affraid of anchorage and the valley wherent' very good about keeping roads clean. I guess it wouldn't be a huge deal to have a slightly smaller winter set of tires though. for siping that's essentially holes right or is it hot knifing more channels? I mean can I just sit down with a 12 pack and a drill?

#10 ·
So its a razor blade and a bottle of jack.......thought those days where behind me

#8 · (Edited)
From someone that has lived in Alaska, I'm telling you that you don't want those tires up there. Look at BFGs, Michelins, etc. I ran Michelins with a tuff box filled with a thousand pounds of various weights and chains ratchet strapped to back of truck bed by tailgate to load suspension. You can get used studded tires for winter.

#9 ·
We have MTR's, BFG's and MT's. We can groove them for you too.

Please check out the pictures on our website or call our shop with any questions 316-337-5311 The amount of tires in stock has never been higher. We keep all of our product inside and we stand by what we sell.

Here are a few pictures of the Hummer tires out there and what we have in stock.

I wanted to share pictures of the three 37" tires that we stock for you guys.

http://www.trailworthyfab.com/Tires/

Goodyear MTR's

BFG Baha T/A

Goodyear MT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.