Pirate 4x4 banner

4L60 trans problems in my 71 Jeepster Ls swap

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JayMcJay 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally finished my Ls swap in my Jeepster. I have an aluminum LS1 with LS6 heads etc, with a 96 Impala 4L60 trans, with a dana 300 thrown in the mix.
I used a 99 gm truck harness, with supposedly a 99 truck pcm. I originally had the pcm flashed at one shop, but decided to go to another shop for dyno runs and tune.

The problems I am having are...... The original "mail order tune" from first shop would not work with the trans. If shifter was put in drive, trans would not go to 1st gear. I was able to pull the shifter back to first gear, and it would go to 1st. I would not shift other than that though. There is also a solenoid ticking when eng not running, ticking goes away when running.

I sent pcm back to first shop, with an explanation of my problems. They say they did nothing to it, but trans kinda works like it is suppose to. However, it does still tick.
Hence, I decided to go to another shop.

So, the new shop puts in their tune. They make the comment that the pcm is not a truck pcm, but a 99 camaro. They say that they can't change it, and that the pinout would be different if the pcm was reflashed to be a camaro pcm. They are saying that this is causing the ticking, and that is also preventing the torque converter from locking up.

Also, it seems like i'm going to have a problem with 4 low. I used a speed sensor off the tail housing of trans. Some research shows that the 4L60 uses rpm to shift, some shows that it uses mph. The tuner I'm working with says MPH.

Please HElp.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.