Pirate 4x4 banner

Anyone with a door swing out kit on their roll cage B pillar “X”?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  RANGERROD 
#1 ·
Is anyone running a roll cage door swing out kit on the X cross members of the B pillar?
How do you like it?

This would be so passengers in the rear could get in an out easier, yet still have some sideways roll over protection. All though a solid piece of .120 DOM tube would be best, a swing kit in the tube would be much better than running no “X” brace at all.

Adding this type, or another, kit to the X cross in the B pillar.

.​

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
I would think you just need to hing the top passenger section, the bottom they could step over and you could leave the half X on the drives side.
Or you could hing all four corners of the "X"

With the posted style you could remove pins on each end and remove the tube for passengers to get in an out.

Now, figuring out how to prevent passengers from hitting there head will be interesting and why I started this thread.

#5 ·
I had not though about making the whole "X" removable, or hinged.
I think that is what you are talking about for hitting the seats.

_____
| \/ |
| /\ |

#6 · (Edited)
I would be concerned about the passengers being able to exit the vehicle in a rush in the event of an emergency. Especially if you rolled and the cage was even slightly tweaked. You may not be able to get the hinged piece to open, and the passengers would be trapped

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.