Pirate 4x4 banner

Fix for Stak monster box now available!

18K views 77 replies 35 participants last post by  TurdyFive 
#1 ·
After a very long wait the custom shaft to fix your 3 speed monster box from popping out of gear is now available.
$325 + shipping. I currently have 11 in stock and ready for shipping 1st come first serve.
PM me to get yours!!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
way to step up and provide something needed :smokin:

if it was a stack product i was gonna bitch that they should be giving them to people that purchased one of their fawked up cases not charging them :laughing:

next time i run into my non internet friend running a stak i will pass along the info to him

#7 ·
#17 ·
Mine came in yesterday. Hope to get it installed next week. The installation should be easy compared to getting the x-case out.:rolleyes:

#19 ·
No, as long as it is a 3 speed it will work, I am finding that there are 2 different size widths of the shaft I am selling , The 1st gen gear is approx 7/8 in wide and the 2nd gen which is the one I am currently selling is 3/4 wide.
I have a prototype of a 7/8 made but It has not been tested. If someone is out there with the wider gear and has the popping out problem and wants to try it that would be great! but I dont want to sell it to someone that is going to install it without being able to test it quickly so I can get feedback and do another production run of 10 for this shaft.
Unfortunatly The only why to see what gear you have is to take the case apart.

#45 ·
My box is one of the original 1st gen boxes, so it presumably has the wider gear. Do you still have the prototype?

My box is still at Stak after over a month, and they are not answering the phone or returning calls. If/when I get my TC back I'd be willing to try the wider gear if you still have it.

#29 · (Edited)
I have a Stak Mini Monster 3 speed transfercase. I have not installed it in my project and it has never been run, still in the original crate. Is this problem inherant in this case as well or do you know? If it is does this shaft fit my case?

I just read the rest of the thread and I see that you have another request regarding the Stak Box that I have, I will send you a PM.

#30 ·
Finally got the replacement shaft installed on Wednesday.
I was concerned before I tore my case apart that I may have the larger gear as Jeepinblackdog indicated in his post. I bought my STaK in April of 2006 and thought that it might have been one of the early production units with the larger gear. I lucked out and it was the same 3/4" gear as I received.
The install went smooth and the video was a great help in walking through this. A couple of exceptions that I noted; first, I don't have a speed sensor in my case so there is no snap ring to worry about on the rear output shaft. Second, all of the bolts holding the case halves together were the same length, not two different sizes as stated in the video. Third, the bearing on the rear output shaft was a PITA to get out. Finally after heating up the inner race and prying with a couple of screwdrivers it finally came out.
Won't really have a chance to test it out for awhile as I'm going to modify my exhaust as long as my skidplates and d-shafts are out. It seems to shift just as easily as before though.

The bearing that fought with me for an hour.:laughing:

The new shaft on the top, STaK on the bottom,

New shaft in the case,

And finally, this jack from HF made this whole process way easier. Best $65 I spent this year.:laughing:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.