39.5's - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 422
39.5's

IROK Bias or Super Swamper TSL's? What woud you choose and why? Going on 17" Allied beadlocks, 5100 pound TJ on ton's, Atlas, etc!

Street driven 26 miles a day, 40 MPH or less.
Formula Toy #006; Thanks to Deaver Spring, High Angle Driveline, Longfields, Rock Buggy Supply, PRP Seats, Marlin Crawler, Coast Motor Supply and RockStomper.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RE:Todd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 104966
Iroks.

Question though: For a rig that driven on the street that much, why don't you get a set of wheels/tires that you can drive on the street and keep the bias big tires to bolt on before you go wheeling?
bbaxter51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 142394
Weird you didnt state what type of terrian you wheel. Do you have dbl beadlocks to air down super low? what type of gears and hp etc etc..But on the street just get whatever is cheaper..

I tend to say iroks for those of us who have low HP rigs with higher gears, they tend to clean way better than tsl's in those situations.The sidewlls are super thin at least on the bias ply tires and they are softer than the tsls..Personally i hate them and want a set of rockers next in the 42" flava but with 4.10s still in the axles and a weak big block chevy i get great performance from them.

My last rig had TSl's but with more hp and gear..They are the tougher tire and ive found they have more contact with the surface so they are safer and work better on rocks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
angryblack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 84132
MTR's.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 18614
FWIW I had alot of bead burping issues with 39.5x13.5x17's on Allied Rock8's.

94toytruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 184680
I love my Iroks. I have TR beadlocks and havent had an inside bead problem yet, down to 4 psi.
I run them around 16psi on the street and can hop in and drive to work after sitting for a week and they roll nice and round, even in the winter.
They arent obnoxiously loud either. I have also had my rig up around 70-75 with no balancing and its not bad at all. Im on my third set of bias Iroks and I have been very happy with them all.

CHECK WITH ME FOR GREAT PRICES ON YUKON, PSC, USA, AUSSIE, TRAILREADY, SPARTAN AND MUCH MORE.

ct67_72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 184361
Send a message via AIM to cdawall
TSL SX's.
'94 Cherokee,
cdawall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 422
Sharp New Mexico rocks. 4.0L six, 5.38 gears. I'm on Krawlers now, but I keep cutting and gashing them. I know nothing is perfect, but I used to run Swamper stickies all over the Hammers and never had a sidewall issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryblack View Post
Weird you didnt state what type of terrian you wheel. Do you have dbl beadlocks to air down super low? what type of gears and hp etc etc..But on the street just get whatever is cheaper..

I tend to say iroks for those of us who have low HP rigs with higher gears, they tend to clean way better than tsl's in those situations.The sidewlls are super thin at least on the bias ply tires and they are softer than the tsls..Personally i hate them and want a set of rockers next in the 42" flava but with 4.10s still in the axles and a weak big block chevy i get great performance from them.

My last rig had TSl's but with more hp and gear..They are the tougher tire and ive found they have more contact with the surface so they are safer and work better on rocks
Formula Toy #006; Thanks to Deaver Spring, High Angle Driveline, Longfields, Rock Buggy Supply, PRP Seats, Marlin Crawler, Coast Motor Supply and RockStomper.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 422
Not made in my size
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
TSL SX's.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 422
I don't drive it every day. Don't want to swap wheels all of the time either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaxter51 View Post
Iroks.

Question though: For a rig that driven on the street that much, why don't you get a set of wheels/tires that you can drive on the street and keep the bias big tires to bolt on before you go wheeling?

Old 04-26-2013, 10:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 184361
Send a message via AIM to cdawall
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE:Todd View Post
Not made in my size
Interesting I never realised they had so few sizes for the TSL SX's I would TSL's over Iroks.
'94 Cherokee,
cdawall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2013, 10:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 41059
Send a message via Yahoo to Bunk
pbr's
Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 97574
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct67_72 View Post
I love my Iroks. I have TR beadlocks and havent had an inside bead problem yet, down to 4 psi.
Great to hear. Mine are on DIY steelies and I burped em 4 times in one day last trip. So I got some TR's to put em on since I had great luck with my last set.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 63684
Ran 39.5 x 17 Iroks on a 4500lb rig both street and trail for a little over 3 years. They worked pretty good and drove the street and freeway as good as could be expected for a bias ply tire. (65mph) I would have bought two more to replace my beat up ones but could not find them. So I looked a t Pitbull Rockers. I could not run the 39.5 as the width would not work on my rig so I ended up with 42's, I have one trip to Johnson Valley with them and they work great. We hit the road and drove to Bullfrog area and they were better than the Iroks on the asphalt. I will be running my normal trails (Fordyce/ Rubicon) this year and will have a more heads up comparison on obstacles but I like them. Really wish they would make a 40 as my rig is kinda setup for that but so far so good. Mark
Skorch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 160119
thornbirds.
77WarPig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Interesting I never realised they had so few sizes for the TSL SX's I would TSL's over Iroks.
So would I

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in