Pirate 4x4 banner

Help a dumbass out

696 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bftrain 
#1 ·
Alright I posted this in the wiring and electrical section but it seems that's not a very traveled section.

Alright I am completely confused on wtf I need or want.. I am trying to get away from installing 2 radios in my rig, I want to get my HAM licence and radio for when I do something really stupid and crash up in the mtns alone and need to get a hold of someone for help. However I also want something that can communicate to buddy's rigs running cbs or handhelds. I have tried searching and it seems the census is to get a small cb cobra 75wx and then a ham to my liking, those posts where a few years ago and was wondering if new stuff has came out or what? Was also looking at the rugged radios VHF or UHF radio package but not sure what that entitles.

#3 · (Edited)
ICOM 706 MK II G 100W output AM,CW,FM,SSB (Continuous recieve & can be modded to transmit .5 Mhz to 100 Mhz). 100W VHF 2 meter, I think 20W on 440 Mhz. Excellent, rugged, detatchable faceplaTE, simple to use, digital filters, EXCELLENT AUDIO on transmit & recieve. I have had this radio for almost 15 years with flawless operation. It has 2 antenna connectors on the back (HF/VHF). Check Ebay for it. $500-700

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.