Pirate 4x4 banner

Places to wheel in VA?

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  bosco 
#1 ·
I am stuck in Virginia until december and I will go out of my mind if I cant find some good trails to run. Any ideas? Not too extreme though. I only have my 01 taco out here and my wife gets very unhappy when I go out and add some new beauty marks. Thanks for the help!!:beer:

#3 ·
Best bet will be to hook up with a local club that knows the spots. Try the United 4WD Association web page to find one of the clubs. Could ya narrow down your location in Va just a bit? Mild trails just west of Charlotsville off of Rt 81, in the George Washington Nat Forrest.

#5 ·
Sorry, I am in Virginia beach. I knew I was goin got have to drive a ways but Ive just got to get out and do some wheeling! Thanks for the info, I will look into them.:D

#6 ·
you won't find any worthy trails that close to the water. there is a little section of mud and trees between tradewinds apartment complex and the golf course near langley afb (it's been a year since I've been there). I heard Poor Boy's is a good club for social and mud.. hope this helps

#7 ·
Check out Tidewater Fourwheelers - http://www.tidewaterfourwheelers.org/ They are a club in the VA beach area. There a lots of stocker friendly trails in GWNF and there will also be stocker friendly trails at the VA4WDA's 11th annual trailride and poker run - details at http://www.geocities.com/od4wdc/aiaccal.html. The Big Dog's eventsheld in Gore, VA are a blast, but even their lower rated trails are not without challenge/risk of damage.

Jackie

#9 ·
i'd be willing to hook up w/ any of you guys to wheel...i usually hit the trails with a couple other guys here in Richmond, if it's local (west) or otherwise i drive to PA to wheel.

#12 ·
Kajo4x4toy said:

There are 30 miles of beach wheelin' on Assateaque Island. It is just south of Ocean City, Maryland. I have never been there in my Runner so I don't know how good or bad the wheelin is.
Assateague is only 12 miles and not a good spot in the summer when it's populated. The $70 permit is quite a turn off too.

#13 ·
85TrailToy said:

Assateague is only 12 miles and not a good spot in the summer when it's populated. The $70 permit is quite a turn off too.
Mebee he's talking about chincoteaque as well? I do know that assateaque is 12 miles, and then you hit the fence that's on the MD/VA border, no way sround that, it runs right out into the ocean! :eek:

For the original poster, it's worth your while to make a few hour trip north to Rausch Creek or Paragon. They are both in PA.

#14 ·
ScottFJ40 said:
Mebee he's talking about chincoteaque as well?
Chincoteague is much smaller than Assateague and has a lot less driveable beach, just the northern part I think.

#15 ·
If ya want to drive on the beach go to the outer banks of NC, you can drive all around corova and on a bunch of the beaches in the southern parts...... Its not too far from va beach either.

If you are into checking out a mudbog or two pm me and I can letcha know when and where.

l8r

-j-rOd

#16 ·
Thanks for everything guys! you have all been a great help! Now Time to do some wheelin!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.