Goodbye Walbro Hello HydraMat - Page 8 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2018, 07:02 AM   #176 (permalink)

Member # 123514
Any pictures of install with an intank pump? Mine Should be here today if all goes well.
Im planning on an in tank pump Pending I can get it to work in my favor, if not inline it is

I don't build it pretty I build it to function.
frikenwoodro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2018, 07:12 PM   #177 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 87508
Quote:
Originally Posted by frikenwoodro View Post
Any pictures of install with an intank pump? Mine Should be here today if all goes well.
Im planning on an in tank pump Pending I can get it to work in my favor, if not inline it is
No pictures sorry, but I definitely got the mat to work with a generic summit intake pump. Super quiet, works great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Busted" Budget Buggy; EFI 302, C6, NP205, HP KP Dana 60, 14 Bolt Rear, 40" Maxxis Trepadors

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
maquet24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #178 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 34900
Ok, money aside, what's better for rock crawling, 4 Walbro's or a 15x15 Hydramat?

I'll pay to play if one is better than the other. Just not sure if there is a clear winner here.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:57 AM   #179 (permalink)
P.B.A.

Member # 172656
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSpot View Post
Ok, money aside, what's better for rock crawling, 4 Walbro's or a 15x15 Hydramat?

I'll pay to play if one is better than the other. Just not sure if there is a clear winner here.
I have walboros and there’s so many little things that can go wrong and I’m not convinced they’re a great prefilter. The hydromat is just all around better only one connection if you do an intank pump. I would have gone this way when I did my cell.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #180 (permalink)

Member # 228875
I believe you can also "T" together 2 smaller mats inside the tank, which may be cheaper and/or more effective in some cases that one large mat.
stephen wilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2019, 01:24 PM   #181 (permalink)

Member # 866024
Hydramat in 62 CJ5 with Con Ferr tank

Reviving this thread, which I learned a lot from BTW, to see if, by chance, anyone has used a Hydramat in one of these Con Ferr gas tanks (think is around 11 gallons)? The Jeep has a Buick 231 that was converted to a FiTech fuel injection set-up (does great except at really high altitude, 10kft+, you have to add fuel with the programmer like there is no tomorrow). I have the typical problem of going up an incline with 1/2 tank and fuel starvation occurs so plan to give the Hydramat a try.

Any tips would be appreciated, especially from anyone who knows this tank (has a metal baffle in it). The plan right now is to order two smaller pieces of the mat and plumb them together in the tank as seen in this thread.
JeepDurango is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2019, 03:31 PM   #182 (permalink)

Member # 47337
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephen wilson View Post
I believe you can also "T" together 2 smaller mats inside the tank, which may be cheaper and/or more effective in some cases that one large mat.
I have installed several in customer's fuel cell doing exactly this. I confirmed with Holley's tech line it was possible before doing so. They work just like the walbros too..when one is not submerged in fuel, the other will still pull fuel with no cavitation.

Last edited by Fl-Krawler; 03-23-2019 at 03:33 PM.
Fl-Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in