Project: Baja Jeep - Page 10 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2016, 05:29 AM   #226 (permalink)

Member # 603609
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelitojeep View Post
go on....
My brother has an m90 supercharger with 90% of the parts there that he was ready to put on his 4.6L stroker motor. The stroker is now unrepairable due to already being bored .060 over and needing more, so he is going to a hemi. I think he has ~$500 invested into the setup and I'm sure I can convince him to make a deal with you if your interested. I believe you sold me an anti rock and I'd be happy to deal with you again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
RWassink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2016, 07:18 AM   #227 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 73093
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWassink View Post
My brother has an m90 supercharger with 90% of the parts there that he was ready to put on his 4.6L stroker motor. The stroker is now unrepairable due to already being bored .060 over and needing more, so he is going to a hemi. I think he has ~$500 invested into the setup and I'm sure I can convince him to make a deal with you if your interested. I believe you sold me an anti rock and I'd be happy to deal with you again.

Did he gather parts himself or is it a kit of some type?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Overbuilt 97 Wrangler | 40" Black Labels, 14" Fox Coilovers, Trailing Arm Suspension, Atlas 4.3, Warn Winch, fully caged and tested
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#BajaJeep @BajaJeep_mike
miguelitojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2016, 07:30 AM   #228 (permalink)

Member # 603609
Quote:
Did he gather parts himself or is it a kit of some type?
He gathered the parts himself. He's got the super charger, some various gages, and a tuner to get it running right. He was planning on running the m90 upside down where the AC compressor goes. He started fabbing the bracket up, and then he got the super charger scanned so he has a CAD drawing for a gasket.

RWassink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #229 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 80862
Quote:
go on....
They are running a Boosted Technologies kit.
Mark Cook 720-644-6432 x122

Mike Johnson #43 7 time EMC KOH finisher, 6 top 5's
hurleygo3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2017, 07:18 AM   #230 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 73093
After a year of having the Jeep, and shocks not being tuned... I finally made time to get some tuning done. I met up with Ryan at AccuTune and we got BajaJeep dialed in.... now I just need more power

Overbuilt 97 Wrangler | 40" Black Labels, 14" Fox Coilovers, Trailing Arm Suspension, Atlas 4.3, Warn Winch, fully caged and tested
#BajaJeep @BajaJeep_mike
Old 08-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #231 (permalink)

Member # 80852
Interested in your coilovers specs after tunned in...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Slow&Old is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2019, 12:28 PM   #232 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 73093
Quick update since... when ever.

-Ordered and installed a badass Full Float Dynatrac XD60 with ARB locker.
-Also ordered some new Milestar Black Label 40" tires. These tires are huge!
-Swapped in new Motobilt 19gallon fuel tank.
-Added DSC adjusters to rear shocks <--AccuTune Offroad huge help with this.
-With new 40" spare on the back, had to swap rear springs to compensate for the weight which made a huge difference.

-Next up: new clutch, B&M short shift kit and MORE wheeling!

If your on Instagram, check out @bajajeep_mike
Attached Images

#BajaJeep @BajaJeep_mike

Last edited by miguelitojeep; 09-08-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 12:31 PM   #233 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 73093
40" Black Labels have been awesome. I was worried about driving these on the street, but I have at least 1200 miles on them now and have been awesome. One thing thats crazy to me... I mounted them myself and didn't have them balanced. Ride down the 405 fwy at 70mph no problem! Love it. Traction has been great in sand, dirt, rocks and wet rocks. I plan to beat the living hell out of these tires and report back.
Attached Images

#BajaJeep @BajaJeep_mike
Old 04-27-2019, 01:01 PM   #234 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 70340
why did you walked away from a RockJock on the rear?

WTB:
* LSX/6L80 complete takeout
* Complete DE Hydro steering system
* Millermatic Multiprocess or 255 MIG
* Tuffy Overhead Console
Jorge Meza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2019, 01:22 PM   #235 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 73093
I was never a fan of that axle. Getting to the gears was a pain in the ass and its a semi float axle. Tubes are small, which is why it bent on the roll over. For how hard I drive... it was not going to last.

#BajaJeep @BajaJeep_mike

Last edited by miguelitojeep; 04-27-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-27-2019, 01:29 PM   #236 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 70340
I hear ya.... wouldn't a shaved 14 bolt with factory disc brakes be a stronger/cheaper option?

WTB:
* LSX/6L80 complete takeout
* Complete DE Hydro steering system
* Millermatic Multiprocess or 255 MIG
* Tuffy Overhead Console

Last edited by Jorge Meza; 04-27-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Jorge Meza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2019, 02:43 PM   #237 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 73093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Meza View Post
I hear ya.... wouldn't a shaved 14 bolt with factory disc brakes be a stronger/cheaper option?
Sure. If I wanted to be full width, low pinion and 8 lug.

#BajaJeep @BajaJeep_mike
Old 04-29-2019, 07:56 AM   #238 (permalink)

Member # 48772
Quote:
I was never a fan of that axle. Getting to the gears was a pain in the ass and its a semi float axle. Tubes are small, which is why it bent on the roll over. For how hard I drive... it was not going to last.
Those axles suck even if you don't drive hard....good on you to walk away from that pile of shit.

Quote:
Sure. If I wanted to be full width, low pinion and 8 lug.
The 14 bolts we shave and put on jeeps are 63.5" WMS (DRW).....not wide at all. Full float and with the pinion adjusted at the right angle and a 3/8" pinion guard, it can take an impressive beating. Aftermarket hubs allow other bolt patterns and I run alloy hubs on mine...8 lug with wilwood brakes
Old 04-29-2019, 12:30 PM   #239 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 160801
Quote:
Yep, I have the same axle under the rear of my JK and it is a POS....and worse is Curie's crappy customer service. My other rigs (including my rock buggy) have junkyard tons under them built with top-notch parts and I couldn't be happier.
desert dogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2019, 09:34 PM   #240 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 73093
Quote:
Originally Posted by XJCracker View Post
Those axles suck even if you don't drive hard....good on you to walk away from that pile of shit.

The 14 bolts we shave and put on jeeps are 63.5" WMS (DRW).....not wide at all. Full float and with the pinion adjusted at the right angle and a 3/8" pinion guard, it can take an impressive beating. Aftermarket hubs allow other bolt patterns and I run alloy hubs on mine...8 lug with wilwood brakes
Yea you and your fancy Jenny Craig 14B hubs. Come wheel Fordyce with us this summer!

#BajaJeep @BajaJeep_mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in