first time visiting the Uwharrie trails - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2016, 12:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 560778
first time visiting the Uwharrie trails

this idea came up about a week ago when spring break or when class ends this summer,me and a friend are thinking about going to Uwharrie to do a little offroading. my current set up is a 95 Isuzu rodeo with the torsion bars cranked up all the way riding on Goodyear td wranglers 265-75-r16 and my friend has a 2002 jeep grand Cherokee with everything stock with Goodyear wrangler st 225-75-16. what would be a fun but challenging trail and what experiences have you seen there?

Last edited by matt12ar; 01-14-2016 at 12:55 AM.
matt12ar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2016, 05:42 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 189899
not much 'challenging' there other than *maybe* the right side of daniel- you'll be fine (unless it rains; then it's a slippery mud fest)

have a chicken fried steak @ the outpost when you buy your pass
.[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Black"]_ _______ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _[/COLOR][CENTER]what the hell you lookin' down here for?[/CENTER][COLOR="Black"] _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _[/COLOR]
ecoast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 217714
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoast View Post
not much 'challenging' there other than *maybe* the right side of daniel- you'll be fine (unless it rains; then it's a slippery mud fest)

have a chicken fried steak @ the outpost when you buy your pass
Exactly what he said. The only "hard" line there is the right side of Daniel. Everything else you should be fine on. What dates are you thinking about going down? On of the groups I am in is doing a big group ride on April 9th that y'all are welcome to join in. PM me if you want some more info and I will get it to you

Old 01-18-2016, 01:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 560778
people who go to uwharrie say theirs a bigfoot. is it friendly or i might need a lead dispenser? and will jack links satisfy its craving instead of having me
matt12ar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2016, 06:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Under Powered

Member # 19543
If you haven't been there before and are running a fairly stock rig then there it will probably be fun all over. There are enough trails to play almost all day if you are taking your time driving in the woods (as you should). The left line at the top of Dickey Bell can be a challenge for stock vehicles, and as mentioned Daniel has tough spots. The first ledge going up the back side of Daniel can be done with a stockish truck if you hang ALL the way to the right and off camber. It is a butt-pucker inducing spot.

The trails are closed until April 1st so you won't be going anytime soon. They are always closed for the winter from Dec 15th to April 1st. You need a trail pass (daily or annual) from the Eldorado Outpost to drive on the OHV trails out there. All vehicles that drive on the fire roads must have current tags, registration, and insurance. The Forest Rangers make sure of that regularly.

If you go, respect the trails, don't litter, and respect others. It is one of the last places to wheel in NC and I suspect that if people keep abusing it then it may not be open much longer either.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
onlyonedr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in