Is there a trick to getting a hold of JD2? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2004, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
www.patparts.com

Member # 4821
Is there a trick to getting a hold of JD2?

I've been calling them nonstop for 3 days now. Not ONCE have I NOT received a busy signal. (Well, actually, as soon as 5:00pm comes, the phone rings, but no one picks up then.)

J. J.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

patooyee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2004, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 9138
Send a message via ICQ to Bushwhacker
I called them last Thursday for some bending help. He stayed on the phone with me for a while BS'n about his tech writeup he's putting on their website. I got the number from the Instructions that came with my bender.

97 TJ buggy,4.0,727,Atlas,D60,14B

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bushwhacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2004, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 52
They picked the phone right up for me

Old 03-01-2004, 12:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 11598
whenever i called them there was always some girl that picked up and didnt' know what she was talking about and they never get shit shipped out on time. They were giving me the run around.

So I canceled and bought a pro tools
Old 03-01-2004, 12:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
thhhpptthh!

Member # 10798
Send a message via AIM to sceep Send a message via MSN to sceep
you have to stand on your head.. and everytime you hit the number 8 you have to scream "FORE". that'll get em to pick up every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDA forest service website
It is every American's birthright to use the national forests and grasslands in multiple ways, including outdoor recreation in all its forms.
sceep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2004, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 9576
If you ever get through... ask them to check the "pricing" on the Model 4 benders..... web site link is broken. I love the email address... ditto "mail box full, can not send". Oh well.

Tom
fj40guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2004, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 6323
Send a message via ICQ to rsitzejr Send a message via AIM to rsitzejr
I've called them, trying to get a new pressure die, been 2 months now and they just told me it shipped. I did mention to them that a lot of people have posted on the web the problems they have had getting JD2 stuff, and were switching to pro-tools. She said that when the pro-tools broke, the people would come back. I've seen both, not that much of a difference. If I didn't have so much wrapped up in dies, I would be shopping for another.
rsitzejr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2004, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 12370
Can someone post up the phone#, I've left them a couple messages but got no response. Now I can't seem to find my note with the # on it. Thanks.

EDIT... Found it.

Last edited by mrtwstr; 03-01-2004 at 02:01 PM.
mrtwstr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2004, 04:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
www.patparts.com

Member # 4821
I got through once today during lunch hour and I got the girl who didn't know much. I was trying to get the hydro kit ordered and I figured I'd never get through again, so I went ahead and ordered it, even though I didn't have all the info. I needed. I haven't been able to get through since. My eMails get returned, too.

Maybe since they are unable to sell or provide tech data for their products, someone here can help me: I need to know what the deal is with the yoke that comes with the conversion kit for the Model 3. Is it just the yoke that threads onto the ram or a yoke with a threded rod on it that attaches to the ram? I can't find any rams with threded ends that have the same specs that they recomend so I'm hoping it is the latter.

And don't give me shit about using an agro ram. If I would have known that the parts for this were so hard to find, unlike what their website says, and I hadn't have already built a stand for this application, I would. But as it stands now, I just need to bend some tube and don't have time to change plans.

J. J.

PS: To JD2: Maybe since ya'll don't have the time to get call waiting, voicemail, email, or another phone line, you spend all your time surfing the net, in which case you may see this. Your bender works well and I have no beef with your products. But your service lacks COMPLETELY. It took 2 months for me to get the bender long ago when I first ordered it and even then you had to send the degree ring seperate WITHOUT the pointer. Now that I need further support, and even want to give you money, you are not there. You follow-through sucks and I am never buying from you again unless something is done ASAP.

Old 03-01-2004, 05:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 2785
J.J. I just walked out to the garage and looked at Seans setup, the ram is threaded. It is Yellow and says ENERPAC on it and Applied Power. Thats it. I did a Google search but came up short, I only could find info on a hydro co. out of Australia. Mybe them not sure though.

Steve

Nevermind try this link.

http://www.enerpac.com/

Last edited by bad80cj-7; 03-01-2004 at 05:39 PM.
bad80cj-7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2004, 07:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
www.patparts.com

Member # 4821
Just to follow up, I was able to get a hold of JD2 once more. It's a good thing I did, too because I was told that the part I had ordered was now on backorder and wouldn't be shipped for a few weeks. (Like my bender, coincidentally.) Had I not spent all day calling repeatedly to get this news, I would have been sitting all weekend without my part. I cancelled my order and called one of their dealers and got one of the last two in stock. I also found the hard to find ram at a local hydro shop. And the yoke for the conversion IS connected to a 1" threaded rod that threads into a standard ram.

However, after this and my previous bad experiences with JD2, I will NEVER, under any circumstanceces, shop with them again. I may buy a die from one of their vendors if I need it, but any future benders I buy will be ANYTHING BUT JD2. For anyone who is thinking about buying from them, be forewarned.

On the upside, it does appear that they are reading this because they had call waiting operating today. They just didn't answer it.

J. J.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in