Shop question, compressor room - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2004, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 2967
Shop question, compressor room

Im building a seperate room in my shop for the compressor and dryer to be in, also putting a small office thing next to it, with loft above for storage.

Im putting my 80 gal IR stand up compressor in the room, Door closed. The shop is air conditioned but prolly only keep it around 75 in the summer. anyway I planned to have a exhaust fan in there to the outdoors, it moves alot of air, sound like a jet.
And above the compressor I was going to cut a hole and put a duct coming from in the shop. so it draws cooler air in from the shop ontop of the compressor.

is this a dumb idea ? keep the cool air duct or scrap it and just use the exhaust fan.

Ill probably only be the only one working out there, not going to be running a sand blaster or doing body work, just regular air tools..
Toyota_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2004, 07:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 11244
The compressor rooms at my work were kind of like this. You will loose some of the sounds deadening of having your compressor in a quiet box, but your exhaust fan will move more air this way.
Malltero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2004, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 13593
Send a message via AIM to BlazerZR2
The compressor im my garage is in its own seperate room along with a sandblaster next to it. There are two doors to it and it is a very small space. There are no vents what so ever and I've had zero problems. If it gets too hot in there open the door.

Old 03-02-2004, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 22799
Or if your worried, vent top and bottem of the compressor room to the outside. convection currents will move the air then.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in