Pirate 4x4 banner

Which TSL on a DD?

846 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  TTURokToy 
#1 ·
I know they are newbie questions and all, but the search sucks....

I run a Dodge Ram which weighs in around 6500lb and it is a daily driver (20-30k per year), but sees some faily tough use for a late model fullsize rig that is only 1/2 paid for. Typical terrain is mud, Hollister trails and rocks, Deer Valley, Niagra Rim, Moab, some granite, lots of ruts. Basically I ain't "GETTIN' IT" but I come close for me and my truck.

Do SX's have the typical bias ply behaviors (flat spots, tracking, etc)?
Will the SX's wear faster than the radials on the street?
If you had to choose between the SX and the Radial TSL, which would you choose to put on your fullsize daily driver?

The price between the two are very close so cost is not an issue. 36x12.50r15 is size considered.

I like my SSRs, but they are wearing fast. I am not going to sell my Dodge and buy something else either...

#2 ·
Any swamper is going to wear fast, considering how many miles you put on your truck. I would recommend another set of ssr's. If not, then get the radials, they ride alot better. Or you could always choose my favorite TSL................the king of tires............
boggers!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beer: :beer:

#3 ·
I have a set of 36" TSL/SX's and my daughter runs SSR's on her Toy. Both have very soft tread and ware quickly. But on the other hand, they are very sticky in the rocks:) The SX's flat spot but seem to warm up quickly and they are a b!tch to balance (I don't bother) The SX's are hard to beat on the trail. The SSR's run much more smoothly on the road.

IMO, on a daily 80/20 driver, go with the SSR's.

#4 ·
Personally I save my SX's for wheeling and use my BFG AT's on the street. The sx's don't balance, aren't round (at least they don't feel like it), flat spot, and ride every ridge in the road. They suck on a DD, but I love mine for wheeling.

#6 ·
I don't see why everybody has problems with SXs. I have 36x12.5 SXs and they are balanced, and ride smooth. Also, they are showing barely any wear and i have had them on my truck for about 6 months now and they were on a fullsize chevy before that. Then again i only live a mile from the school so my truck only sees about 20 miles a week.

Just don't expect much from a swamper on the street, and you won't be disappointed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.