Kenny Blume's new JHF cone dodger - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2017, 05:54 AM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 135421
You could try these: HydraMat Install Magnet Kit 4-40 thread
SMCRUZ13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2017, 06:51 AM   #77 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMCRUZ13 View Post
Skeptical on the magnet kits with the bouncing we do and the thickness of the tank.

I simply gave the mat some strain relief, will keep an eye on it. assy wil be free to move with the fuel to the extent that the hose lets it.
Attached Images

Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Maxxis, Trail-Gear, Yukon Gear, Goatbuilt, Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts, Ruffstuff specialties, Warn Winch, Rokit Enterprises, Viair, Edge Perf., Branik Motorsports, PRP seats, 12V unlimited, Bailie built, Alltech, Raceline
Go2Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2017, 07:01 AM   #78 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
all of the "front of engine" is coming together. fighting for the same real estate and finding a way to share space.

Custom belt system, found a place to nest a mechanical tensioner, simplified a lot
1.5" tube with Ruffstuff couplers to support front of engine skid
2.5" ex crossover
small 5k winch
coolant plumbing
intake plumbing.

It all fits, nested nicely

stubbing out radiator outlets on the chassis
working on driver's floor 2.0
Attached Images

Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Maxxis, Trail-Gear, Yukon Gear, Goatbuilt, Tom Woods Custom Driveshafts, Ruffstuff specialties, Warn Winch, Rokit Enterprises, Viair, Edge Perf., Branik Motorsports, PRP seats, 12V unlimited, Bailie built, Alltech, Raceline

Old 02-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #79 (permalink)
#30 ProMod

Member # 37396
Looking good Ken.
CROWE MOTORSPORTS #30 Pro Mod/Unlimited

Warn- Factor 55- Yukon- Miller Welders- AccuWright Fiberglass- M.T. Schiele- Sway Away- Branik- Howe Performance- Trail Ready- Powertank- PRP- Mittler Brothers- Pull Pal
JOSHUACROWE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #80 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
Got to the point where I disassembled some to finish weld some things, all going back together....

will run the chassis raw the first event, strip it after and PC. little things like plumbing, fairleads, tranny shifter and line pressure, floors, exhaust, dash, have to stuff the axles etc. with luck getting seat time by month end. BMR not looking like it will happen given my biz trips
Attached Images

Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Old 03-08-2017, 07:05 AM   #81 (permalink)

Member # 46942
cant wait to see this thing on the rocks!
Old 04-06-2017, 06:10 PM   #82 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 47600
Any updates Ken

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

as well as pirate4x4!!\
2D EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2017, 06:25 PM   #83 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2D EDGE View Post
Any updates Ken
Biggest update is i leave two weeks from tomorrow morning for dayton. question is whether i have one rig in the trailer or two.... could go either way, hope to light it off by monday.

Had some biz travel, got sick, yadda yadda, doing what I can It will be in NH. The plan was to get it ready quick n dirty for Dayton then strip it and powdercoat/have it pretty for NH.

Had some curveballs, all known ones solved, now it's just manhours. I'll get some pics after this wknd
Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Old 05-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #84 (permalink)

Member # 108113
Rumor is you got this up and running Got any updates for the thread?

(He says has he is thrashing to get his car ready for WERock to update his own thread )
[FONT="Impact"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="White"]
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]
[/COLOR]

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by Going Up!; 05-09-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Going Up! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2017, 01:45 PM   #85 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
near finished ride playing in the rocks at Kizzar's/WeRock east

just modded the jack, or started, so it will take different pieces. has to safely jack promod with a flat (straight axle 40") all the way to unlimited with 42" treps and portals

one goal was easy maint. Experience shows the atf leaves the lovell t-case over time. so we have a sight tube now and an easy fill bottle which serves as a breather and catch can. air filter /hose is deep water kit and cleaner air for the viair compressor mounted under the seat. Air system uses that, a half gallon stainless tank, a manifold at the dash which feeds all the switches, regulated down to 90 lbs for the Yukon zip lockers.

after the rains at Dayton, and sunny summer events to come, I started looking for an awning, found a new power awning locally that had been ordered wrong, sitting around, scored a good deal.
Attached Images

Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Last edited by Go2Guy; 05-09-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:57 PM   #86 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
Branden's version of helping in one pic. Managed to get some billet cup holders in. Laying out the dash, it came out OK but will redo it when I get caught up. Ergonomic at least. found some decent integral barb ball valves for passing tech- ebay.
Attached Images

Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Last edited by Go2Guy; 05-09-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:15 PM   #87 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
A few more pics of the ride the night before we left. More of the dash. Edge insight to serve as the engine gages. center is fill for the steering system, there's another res directly over the pump to help keep it happy with fluid. the right side fill is to quickly top off the tranny, 5/8 hose straight the tranny where you normally find a dipstick. this also serves as a breather and catch can.

I went with UHMW on the bottom, it's been good to me on the promod. After some thought, went with some 100 ksi? 1/8" steel from Drew at Ibex for the boatsides. it's lighter, more durable and if it eventually gets to dented I can pull it off and straighten in a press etc. Had this on my U4 and it was pretty tough. used the same in key spots under the drivetrain before adding 1/2" UHMW.

The boatsides are attached with 6 3x1" straps welded in strategically. easier than fasteners, about the same weight, stronger, staying for years anyway and removes in seconds with a plasma cutter without hurting anything. They protect the nerf bar and the leading and trailing tubes down to the skid, all of which are capped on the promod. they also nicely capture the bottom of the skins, 5 1/4-20s hold the upper edge, off in seconds for doing maint.

I've got a beefier TG steering pump to go in and also a larger ram to for the rear which will match what I've got in front. My rear axle was built almost a year ago when I was considering stabbing it in the promod.
Attached Images

Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Last edited by Go2Guy; 05-09-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:46 PM   #88 (permalink)

Member # 46942
Looks great out side!
Old 05-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #89 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 12158
some more jack mods, lots of options in heights. Also made a screen to protect the rad/tranny cooler. worried a little about trep roost but mostly about worried about tossing the shoulder belts back there.
Attached Images

Team #192/4192

Thanks to our partners

Last edited by Go2Guy; 05-11-2017 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:03 PM   #90 (permalink)

Member # 11684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go2Guy View Post
some more jack mods, lots of options in heights. Also made a screen to protect the rad/tranny cooler. worried a little about trep roost but mostly about worried about tossing the shoulder belts back there.
Good call - My tranny cooler is behind my seat and its kind of ruined from years of flicking the harness buckles back into it.
wendleburger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in