Swap Specialties for stand alone harness - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2018, 04:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 827322
Swap Specialties for stand alone harness

Iím looking to purchase a stand-alone harness and tuned ECU to run an Ecotec 2.2L and 4T-40E transaxle out of a 2003 Cavalier for a Muskeg buggy Iím building on 52Ēx27Ē low impact tires and double beadlock wheels I had imported out of Russia.

Iíve talked twice to the owner of Swap Specialties about having one made and both times Iíve been impressed with his knowledge on how the motor and transaxle work together. Impressed enough that I was ready to lay down some hard earned cash buying some parts from him.

The issue Iím having is both times Iíve talked to them we left the call with them saying they would get a quote out to me ASAP so that I could finish the transaction and get the harness and ECU coming. Both times Iíve heard nothing but crickets afterwards.

Does anyone on here have any history dealing with them? Are they just super busy? Iíve seen a few companies whoís customer service was less than stellar after they have your money but this is the first one Iíve come across that doesnít seem to even want my money... If they are just busy and maybe a bit disorganized I can deal with that but if there are some serious cutomer service issues with them then Iíll just find someone else to buy the harness off of.
Fuzzybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2018, 07:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 47337
I believe "Roxroes" on here used them for AJ Spaay's buggy and it turned into a complete nightmare
Fl-Krawler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2018, 10:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 827322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl-Krawler View Post
I believe "Roxroes" on here used them for AJ Spaay's buggy and it turned into a complete nightmare
Thanks for the feedback. Iím another ďAJĒ and everyone knows me by my initials so maybe I shouldnít tempt fate...

Old 11-26-2018, 07:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 97574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fl-Krawler View Post
AJ used them and it was quite the debacle.

Is it bad if the scan tool kicks off and loses connection when I push the gas pedal? Asking for a friend...

Then it takes 6-8 weeks to get his refund, and the guy has every excuse in the book for not replying. But he'll instantly reply to friends/strangers on FB messaging. Grade A DOUCHE IMHO.

CBM Motorsports got us a harness to run the LV3 next day, worked great. Like it should.

Last edited by ROXROES; 11-26-2018 at 07:54 AM.
ROXROES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2018, 07:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 827322
Thanks Roxroes, Iíll check them out.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 78
Buddy used Swap Specialties this summer. Nothing but problems. something like 11 wires were pinned into the ECU wrong. first ECU was bad, the second was for the wrong engine....etc....etc...etc...

finally got it running after the local wiring guru spent days fixing Swap Specialties botch job.

But this was my only experience with them FWIW.

'93 Dodge W250
12V, NV4500, 60/14 Detroit, 37's, service bed,
pop-up cabover, DD, Tow rig, Overlander

'69 FJ-40 2F, SM420, Fairy OD, 4.88's, SUA.
UA 2015
VooDoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2018, 07:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 15771
Send a message via ICQ to tanzuki Send a message via AIM to tanzuki Send a message via Yahoo to tanzuki
I had a similar experience. Took forever to get what I ordered. I will say in most of the time when I called I got ahold of someone, maybe that’s one reason I hung on for so long but the harness never came. I decided to cancel my order but wasn’t able to get ahold of anyone for a couple days so I decided to get my credit card company involved. Finally got a call back saying that it shipped. I told him that I’ve already contacted my cc company and place an order form another company. He said that’s fine just send it back when I receive it. I will say it finally did arrive but can’t comment on the workmanship considering I just wrote “return to sender”.
With that said I ended up ordering the other harness from AFI and received the harness in less than a week. I know they just sub’d the job out but I’d call that service.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 827322
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Where thereís smoke thereís usually fire...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in