New bigger Sticky tire - Page 4 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #76 (permalink)

Member # 708218
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_range View Post
Anyone got footage of them down in the SE doing what they (should) do best?
Few Bouncers running them in this vid, USDs and the Mickeys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feHkB0NZNz0
Old 05-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #77 (permalink)

Member # 220430
Anyone seen or heard anymore updates on the baja prox? I talked to Scott GoForth, and he thinks its the king of stickys for south east rides, he recommended them for my 1 ton equipped TJ. Im just not 100% sold on them yet. I wheel in TX, OK, and AR for the most part. So I don't think the 39 reds are my best ticket, and don't want to run a 20 so that throws the 42 red out. But im having a heck of time figuring out if to go with treps 40 or 42, 43 sx or baja pro x 43. All tires are extremely close in price, with treps actually being the cheapest by just a little. Quick run down of my rig, TJ on built 1 tons, rcv, full hydro, linked on ORI's. Stock 4.0/ax15 with atlas t case. I just sold my Irok 42's and wanting something a little better.

Last edited by strokethis1; 05-02-2019 at 12:20 PM.
strokethis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2019, 03:20 PM   #78 (permalink)

Member # 53528
im sure you DGAF what i have to say but IMO you will be happy with any of those choices, the new MT prox are so new theres not really going to be much in the way of reviews for them. maybe try posting over on hardline crawlers forum too, they might have some people that have them
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2019, 04:17 PM   #79 (permalink)

Member # 220430
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyota83 View Post
im sure you DGAF what i have to say but IMO you will be happy with any of those choices, the new MT prox are so new theres not really going to be much in the way of reviews for them. maybe try posting over on hardline crawlers forum too, they might have some people that have them
So you think I should just go with what I can get the cheapest? baja pro x and 43 sx are both 690 a piece.
I can get 42 treps for 650 or 40s for 600, can get used ultra 4400 pull off trep 40s much cheaper then that. Ill look over at hardline and see if they have anything going on.
strokethis1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2019, 05:47 PM   #80 (permalink)

Member # 53528
with a 4.0 motor id suggest the treps
rockyota83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2019, 07:51 AM   #81 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 322985
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokethis1 View Post
I wheel in TX, OK, and AR for the most part. So I don't think the 39 reds are my best ticket, and don't want to run a 20 so that throws the 42 red out.
I think any of those would be good for where you're wheeling. I'm in OK, and primarily wheel the same areas as you- TX, OK, AR. In my group, we have 37" and 39" Reds, 40" and 42" Treps. We all get around just fine, and without any issues. Yes, Reds have "softer" sidewalls. Have we seen cuts? Yep. But they stick to anything. I'm going to move from 40" Treps to a 42" at sometime in the near future. I'm still debating between keeping my wheels and going to 42" Treps, or going to a 20" wheel and 42" Reds.
beaureed445 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2019, 08:11 AM   #82 (permalink)

Member # 214685

They are big nasty bitches, and heavy as hell. (I’m 6’1” as a size comparison for those who haven’t seen these things in person yet.)

Are they a west coast dry rock tire? I don’t think so, y’all run bologna skins out there haha. For back east and the northwest I’d say they are pretty sweet. Would love a 40” for the non Rockwell’d rigs.
Byro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2019, 10:47 AM   #83 (permalink)

Member # 689194
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokethis1 View Post
I wheel in TX, OK, and AR for the most part. So I don't think the 39 reds are my best ticket
I wheel those places and love my 39" Reds. also have 43 sx stickys and they do better with more hp in my opinion
uncle b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in