Yukon Zip Locker Air Line Size - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2019, 01:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 304297
Yukon Zip Locker Air Line Size

I'm preparing to plumb a Yukon Zip Locker into a Ford 9" dropout 3rd member and I'm going to control it with a 3 way 2 position pneumatic trigger toggle switch instead of the electric solenoid valve that come with the kit. Very simple and reliable method in lieu of the electric controls.

My question is what size bulkhead fitting at the axle and pneumatic line does the Zip Locker come with? I have not received it yet and I'm trying to order all parts I need for the install in advance. I've heard rumor the pneumatic line that comes with it is 7mm OD, but want to confirm, if possible.

I haven't found ANY pneumatic push connect fittings, or line with 7MM OD so at this point I have to question my source. 5mm and 6mm all day long, but NO 7mm. Yukon's website has no information and nothing anywhere on the web I've looked, so far. Searched all day with no luck. Any help very appreciated.

I've got my Amazon cart loaded with 1/4" OD fittings. Confirm my suspicions please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tipped; 04-01-2019 at 01:30 AM. Reason: add important shit
Tipped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 08:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 304297
Well, digging further and further into the web I see Zip Lockers come with a section of 20 ft 5mm OD black nylon line. Thanks for the help pirate

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2019, 09:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
just curious how you are planning on plumbing the valve and which valve you are using? sounds like a good option and I agree with you that it sounds easier than an elec valve

freedom of choice is what you have, freedom from choice is what you want

keep your head down, go to sleep to the rhythm of the war drums
Provience is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 304297
Using co2 from my 20# beverage tank. Powertank sells a $32 kit, with safety pop off valve to protect the locker seals, to hook the regulator to the pneumatic toggle switch. They also sell the switch, with all its fittings already installed. Both together cost $128 through them. Can be put together cheaper if you do all the leg work. Powertank website has good photos of how to assemble

Old 04-01-2019, 11:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 41059
Send a message via Yahoo to Bunk
Simple is great, until the safety valve on the tank bursts. Put the tank somewhere where it cant get warm.
Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 01:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
mj

Member # 1919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
just curious how you are planning on plumbing the valve and which valve you are using? sounds like a good option and I agree with you that it sounds easier than an elec valve
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...oggle&_sacat=0

tons of options for pneumatic toggles
mj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 01:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
yeah I was mostly curious about the reasoning for using a 3 way instead of a 2 way seems like a simple on/off would be easier than an Open to A or Open to B option, especially when using a tank/non regenerating power source

edit: i'm probably thinking about it backwards, need to apply pressure to locker when switched and then vent pressure when released. sorry, i'm slow

Last edited by Provience; 04-01-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 01:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 304297
Haven’t burst a safety disc yet in 10 yrs since I got my bottle. Good news is if it does burst the safety disc because of excess pressure it’s no worse than discharging a co2 fire extinguisher. Suck to lose a $12 co2 charge though.

Old 04-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 304297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provience View Post
yeah I was mostly curious about the reasoning for using a 3 way instead of a 2 way <a href="https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Confused" >:-)</a> seems like a simple on/off would be easier than an Open to A or Open to B option, especially when using a tank/non regenerating power source
3 way so you can can vent the line when turn locker off

Old 04-01-2019, 01:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Custom User Title

Member # 138976
Name:  LOCKER SWITCH.png
Views: 64
Size:  6.0 KB

so like this

Old 04-01-2019, 01:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 304297
3-way valves have a supply, outlet and exhaust port. When the toggle is in the "on" position, air flows from the inlet to the outlet and the exhaust port is blocked. Moving the toggle to the "off" position closes the inlet and opens the outlet to the exhaust port which vents the outlet to atmosphere.

I’m using a Clippard MTJV-3 with push to connect fittings that fit a 5mm nylon pneumatic line.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in