Issues contacting Pitbull Tires and long lead times - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2019, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 260337
Issues contacting Pitbull Tires and long lead times

Has anyone else had problems getting in contact with Pitbull Tires? I ordered a set of PBRs on Easter when they ran a big sale. I messed up and gave them my home address instead of my commercial shipping spot since the tires will be on a pallet I assume. Ive emailed 3 times and called 3 times. I cant get a reply or a call back and I have not received my tires.

They ran another 60% off sale for memorial day so I am sure they are busy getting orders filled. I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wvracer821 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2019, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 200478
Can't answer about dealing with them, but when i've ordered tires from Tire Rack, they come individually with a shipping label taped to each one. Standard residential delivery. Can't see why that would be different from them, unless the individual tire weight exceeds the carrier maximum. How heavy are the tires each?
isbj60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2019, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 260337
They have this on their web page. The tires are 41.5x13.50-17

"Items over 70 lbs or larger than 37"OD will most likely have to go via LTL (Truck). Thus, you must designate whether your address is a Residence or Commercial address because most LTLs will not deliver to Residences and even if they do, they charge a significant Residential Fee which we will pass on to you even if you incorrectly inputed a Residential address instead of a Commercial address."

https://pitbulltires.com/pages/shipping-handling

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-02-2019, 11:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 41059
Send a message via Yahoo to Bunk
Ask em whats up on facebook.
Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2019, 01:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 42423
I ordered 41.5x17 rockers during the Easter sale as well, and I spoke to a representative on the 6th of May and they said that the 41.5 rockers were on back order until the 24th of May. They proceeded to have I believe 3 more sales following the Easter sale but didnít have any information regarding the back orders. I called again for a status update on the 21st of May and they said the tires were on back order until 04June. I then proceeded to cancel my order because I was not fond of the inconsistency with information, taking full payment up front, all while they continued to run large sales without filling previous orders - seemed like horrible business practice in my opinion.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 260337
Quote:
Originally Posted by VHD44 View Post
I ordered 41.5x17 rockers during the Easter sale as well, and I spoke to a representative on the 6th of May and they said that the 41.5 rockers were on back order until the 24th of May. They proceeded to have I believe 3 more sales following the Easter sale but didnít have any information regarding the back orders. I called again for a status update on the 21st of May and they said the tires were on back order until 04June. I then proceeded to cancel my order because I was not fond of the inconsistency with information, taking full payment up front, all while they continued to run large sales without filling previous orders - seemed like horrible business practice in my opinion.
Yeah, they ran the Easter one at like 50% off, a week later they had 60% off and then another 60% off for Memorial day. At least I know whats up now. I figured that was the case. like you said, it sucks they made the sales without having products on hand. I'll give them some more time, I dont need the tires right now anyway. Hopefully they get them shipped on the 4th.

I'm going through similar problems with Behemoth Drivetrain right now also.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 72479
I purchased some 41.5 Rockers around the new year and got them about 8 weeks later. Seems pretty standard of how delivery happens.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 398
Send a message via ICQ to welndmn
I bought mine during the big "Trump sale", you can find the big ass thread here about it.
The lead times were all super long, but any time I called I got an answer.
welndmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 09:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvracer821 View Post
Has anyone else had problems getting in contact with Pitbull Tires? I ordered a set of PBRs on Easter when they ran a big sale. I messed up and gave them my home address instead of my commercial shipping spot since the tires will be on a pallet I assume. Ive emailed 3 times and called 3 times. I cant get a reply or a call back and I have not received my tires.

They ran another 60% off sale for memorial day so I am sure they are busy getting orders filled. I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience.
Ordered 42" Rockers about 3 months ago. Took 3 weeks as they were waiting on a reply from me on 44" I asked about. 44s were out of stock, so went back to 42s. Their Facebook page is ran by someone other than them, for them. That why you see so many of the poser rigs. So complaints there will get passed onto them.

Last edited by Shadow man; 06-03-2019 at 09:10 AM.
Shadow man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 10:05 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 45798
I've called them a couple times recently during their normal business hours and got a real person each time. Solid customer service each time.
yotota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2019, 11:01 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 103621
If you can get in touch with them, cancel the order. Their tires suck.
Old 06-03-2019, 02:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 260337
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_white_shadow View Post
If you can get in touch with them, cancel the order. Their tires suck.

Any more info for this? For the price if they are round and rubber Iíll be happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-03-2019, 07:24 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 103621
Quote:
Any more info for this? For the price if they are round and rubber Iíll be happy

If you want to drive on the street, then they are perfect. Offroad in the rocks, trails, anywhere thatís wet, youíll will be holding up whatever group youre wheeling with.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 11448
Send a message via Yahoo to MNorby
I ordered some 41.5s on their Trump sale and it took 9 months. Also ordered another tire on last falls Labor day sale and that took 2-3 months. Luckily these are a second set of tires for snow and dirt wheeling so not that huge of concern for the value.

MNorby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2019, 02:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 260337
Finally got a person on the phone at pitbull. The guy told me his next shipment of tires is scheduled to arrive on the 21st but he had no idea how many they would have or how many orders could be filled.

Old 06-08-2019, 04:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:
If you want to drive on the street, then they are perfect. Offroad in the rocks, trails, anywhere thatís wet, youíll will be holding up whatever group youre wheeling with.
Yea, Ok. I guess you have wheeled from coast to coast and border to border on them for over 10 years?
Old 06-08-2019, 07:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 103621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow man View Post
Yea, Ok. I guess you have wheeled from coast to coast and border to border on them for over 10 years?
All I know is that Iíve seen them suck big olí dick. Prove me wrong.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:08 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 398
Send a message via ICQ to welndmn
Quote:
All I know is that Iíve seen them suck big olí dick. Prove me wrong.
You've never ran them and you want to be 'proven wrong'?...

I like my pitbulls, I've only ran a iRoc in the 42" size before this, and I was never as happy as I am with the pitbulls. Before the pitbull I did have a 39" BFG on there, those had way more traction than the pitbull, but they pop a lot easier.
welndmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 04:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 18614
Quote:

I had a set of real early 37 PBR's, they were awesome on my light Toyota. Looking back almost everything was awesome on it though. I went tons and sold them and switched to Iroks. When they were worn out I got a set of 39 Maddogs direct from Pitbull. All 4 seeped air out the sidewalls and in a season were completely trashed. Contacted them on here and as soon as there was a issue it was well keep wheeling them and see how they hold up. When the were trashed there was nothing but silence from them. Needing tires I found another set of 39 Maddogs really cheap semi local. Again air seeping through the sidewalls after a bit and they barely made a season.

After that I bought sticky Treps. They have 4 seasons on them, no seeping air, they have straight been through hell and taken everything. Sure they are a lot more at first but if they lasted 4 years vs. 1 year out of the Pitbulls your kind of ahead of the game. Don't forget to toss in the fact you will run circles around Pitbulls with stickies. Oh and those Treps have a solid season left in them still.

94toytruck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 52361
Thinking today about buying a set, the price is more a factor than delivery, what's a good thread or resource to watch for a sale?

Edit: did they have a 4th of July sale last year?

Last edited by PROJECTJUNKIE; 06-10-2019 at 08:42 PM.
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019, 05:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 260337
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROJECTJUNKIE View Post
Thinking today about buying a set, the price is more a factor than delivery, what's a good thread or resource to watch for a sale?

Edit: did they have a 4th of July sale last year?

Facebook or Instagram is the best place to watch

Old 06-11-2019, 02:38 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 1956
Quote:
Quote:
Yea, Ok. <a href="https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)" >:-)</a> I guess you have wheeled from coast to coast and border to border on them for over 10 years?
All I know is that I’ve seen them suck big ol’ dick. Prove me wrong.
So you haven't wheeled the Rockers yourself and you quickly go gay. You just proved to me you don't know shit is all you've done.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:18 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 177092
Wow, really, Rockers suck now?

I run the radial 37" Rockers and they hook up better than any tire I've run before (Interco Irok radials, BFG KM2s, Maxxis Bighorns, Michelin XMLs, old Goodyear M/TRs, Procomp Xterrains, and Dunlop Mud Rovers). I have been impressed, but I guess I mostly run on dry rocks here in the desert. They don't seem bad in the little bit of snow I have run them in. My only complaints are they are heavy (104Lbs each on aluminum wheels that only weigh 20Lbs by themselves ) and they sound like an old bomber is constantly flying overhead above 45mph.

I ordered mine during the original 50% off Trump sale and it took 8 months to get them. Frankly, I am not impressed by the way Pitbull does business. I feel a bit like they pulled a bait and switch on me and many others who ordered during the Trump sale.
When I ordered them I got an invoice and confirmation, but then they refunded the cost to everyone and said they wouldn't charge until they ship since it could be a while and they probably were worried about fraud claims via credit card companies. When they finally got around to shipping my tires they jacked the price up around $200 dollars from my original invoice and said it was because they raised the prices of their tires in the 8 months I was waiting. They basically told me tough titties, take it or leave it. It was still a decent deal, so I agreed to it, but it left a sour taste in my mouth.
The kick in the nuts is that they honored the free shipping for some people but not others, and not everyone was forced to pay the price increase over their original invoice. I understand things happen, but they really should have been consistent with the way they dealt with these things.

To top it off, they play bullshit games with the prices of their tires ever since the Trump sale. All the prices have been jacked way up since before there stupid %off sales, so the only time they are reasonable is during these random sales.

I really like the tires, but I am not sure if I like them enough to deal with their shitty company the next time I am in the market.

EDIT: As to the OP, I only called Pitbull once or twice while I was waiting, and I never had a problem getting ahold of them. They also reached out to me on their own when necessary.

Last edited by '84 Bronco II; 06-11-2019 at 07:23 PM.
'84 Bronco II is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 05:20 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 103621
Quote:
So you haven't wheeled the Rockers yourself and you quickly go gay. You just proved to me you don't know shit is all you've done.
Good one. You really got me there. I have a rig in my shop now on the 41.5" Rockers and wheel with him everytime we go out. After watching him on every trail we run, id be fucking retarded to waste my money on them.

And as the guy said above, their business practices are widely considered piss poor and they have fucked over a lot of people during their "Sale Events". Only morons who dont do their due diligence on them buy their tires.

But hey, what do i know? I run some stupid redneck tire on my rig.

Last edited by the_white_shadow; 06-12-2019 at 05:21 AM.
the_white_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2019, 05:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 260337
I ended up canceling the order. I was looking forward to the tires but after looking at it from a business stand point I think itís really shitty to hang customers up on products for months at a time. They refunded me in full but the lady I spoke to on the phone was rather rude to me when I was asking about my tires and asking questions about the lead times. I noticed I can pick up a set of nittos a little cheaper and a set of those milestar patagonias for a lot cheaper so I will be going with one of those two. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in