Help needed please read!! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2004, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 12280
Help needed please read!!

I am writing asking for your support. I am an off-road enthusiast and Deputy Sheriff. I am part of the Napa County OHV team. We primarily patrol the Knoxville area. Knoxville is a multi purpose BLM area in northern Napa County. Last year we sponsored a clean up day in Knoxville and with the help of the Pirate bulletin board and several local clubs we had 128 “volunteers” show up and we cleaned up to the tune of 80 cubic yards of compacted garbage. Several corporate sponsors supplied an excellent Tri Tip lunch and refreshments.

We primarily make sure that the motorcycle people are wearing their helmets and there bikes or quads are registered and have spark arresters. We keep the shooting crowd in the safe areas away from the 4x4 areas and campgrounds. We enforce the rules regarding campfires outside of the rings during fire season. Mostly common sense stuff.

Some of you may have questions regarding our efforts as I have seen Law enforcement get flamed on occasion on this board. Our OHV team is comprised of deputies that are outdoor enthusiasts. Our enforcement in Knoxville seems to focus on the 5-10% of the people that cant get it right no matter what. So if your part of that group you probably won't want to help out. If your part of the other 90-95% you might want to take the time to write an e-mail so that we can continue our efforts and hopefully not lose any of the area to trail closures or "habitat restoration".

We need e-mails of support sent to: [email protected] We will be appearing in front of the OHV grant board on August 18th. Please take a moment to write and send an e-mail supporting our efforts.

Thank You,
Warrbuk

Deputy Mark Warrington # 172
Napa County Sheriff's Department
OHV Team
warrbuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2004, 04:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 19397
Send a message via AIM to J33P_XJ_89
done, thanks for your efforts and keep up the hard work. also a quick question, is the blm websites map of knoxville current? its kinda difficult to know where we can go in our 4x4s, also since youre part of the ohv sherrif team do you know the status of mine claim roads accessibilty?
Old 08-15-2004, 04:34 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 12280
89 XJ, the road to the mine is private poperty and is closed off with a cable, please respect to owners wishes to privacy. The mine people are currently under order to cease work as they were clearing land and taking the rock to sell as landscape materials. The did not have any erosion mitigation measures in place. Hopefully they will be squared away by the rainy season.

BLM is in the process of making a new map showing all off the new trails. they are using a lot of our GPS stuff from running the trails and incoperating it into their mapping program. I am unsure when it will be finished.

Thanks for the email to the OHV people.

How about it anyone else?? We could use the support!!

Mark

Old 08-15-2004, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 16358
Send a message via ICQ to k5chevyblazer Send a message via AIM to k5chevyblazer Send a message via Yahoo to k5chevyblazer
Done. Thanks, I have had many fond memories from that place.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 32590
Just sent one... thanks for the heads up!
PSPBrian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2004, 05:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 19397
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrbuk
89 XJ, the road to the mine is private poperty and is closed off with a cable, please respect to owners wishes to privacy. The mine people are currently under order to cease work as they were clearing land and taking the rock to sell as landscape materials. The did not have any erosion mitigation measures in place. Hopefully they will be squared away by the rainy season.

BLM is in the process of making a new map showing all off the new trails. they are using a lot of our GPS stuff from running the trails and incoperating it into their mapping program. I am unsure when it will be finished.

Thanks for the email to the OHV people.

How about it anyone else?? We could use the support!!

Mark

thanks for the info mark, but i wasnt refering to a single one just the lot of them in general. i thought mine claims were supposed to be open to public or somthing, just checking with you since you more than likely will have more info then anyone else i know.

thanks again
Old 08-15-2004, 06:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 12280
Generally mine claims are just for the Mineral rights. I have camped, driven through, recreated at old mine sites. Just don't collect rocks or dig around in the dirt. I have encountered some of the owners of the claims and they are not always reasonable. They sometimes think they own the property, they are reminded that WE own it and they have the mineral rights.

hope this clears up your ??'s

Anyone else want to help out??

Mark
Old 08-15-2004, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 19397
well my cousin and i made a giant map from a bunch of small printed out pics of maps from topozone.com and it has all kinds of mine claim roads on it, the map is about 4'x5'. was just cusious as to which ones were acessible to me to just drive through camp etc. our map is extremely detailed from jerusalem valley in lake county over to the entire knoxville area down all the way to the tip of berryesa lake. there dozens of different mine claims/unmaintained roads all over and were kinda clueless on where to begine trying to find out which roads are public/open to the public. if you have directions to any mine claim roads etc that you think id be interested in feel free to pm me

thanks again
Old 08-16-2004, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 29220
Knoxville is a great place to go for a test run before heading up to the big stuff (the con, etc.) nice camp area to. i was up there a while back and some some of the guys from blm where mapping out the area for the new map and they said that they would hopefully be done by the end of the year if not sooner, also the map would have trail listing and thy would be marking trails

make sure you post for the next clean up. you can do more than one a year
crawlinyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2004, 09:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 16108
I went to the previous clean-up and it was a great event. The tri-tip alone is worth the hard work. Even better ws the way Knoxville looked after we hauled out over 4 large truck loads of trash... maybe more.

Mark, you guys put on a great clean-up. I'll be sure to keep my club in the loop as we made a good showing last time.

[i]"The divisions were made years ago and to consolidate it would just put all the Jeep asshats in with the Toy asshats - the bountiful harvest of asshatedness would make everyone crazy. It's almost manageable as is."[/i] - Mo
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2004, 09:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 16716
Done! good luck

"DIE EARTH-COOKIES DIE!"

azmaverick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in