Pirate 4x4 banner

RELOCATING AN LT-1 dISTRIBUTER

721 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  chadburgin 
#1 ·
I know there has to be a couple of guys on this board that have done this before but could not find any info other than to contact a guy named frankie fountain??? anyone no him or anyone else that has gotten rid of the optispark crap successfully with the use of a kit or a different distributer?

#3 ·
what year is your lt1. mine is a '95 and has the vented optispark. those are supposed to be much better for keeping moisture out. the only way i've heard to convert is to run a carb and distrib goes through the normal spot at the rear of the intake manifold. don't know if you can mod the stock manifold to take a older distrib. there is the drive for the oil pump back there, but it uses a shaft that doesn't come up out of the manifold. what is the reason you want to swap it?

#4 ·
wow, that is all new info to me. and i researched the hell out of this engine too. of course i wasn't looking for that swap either. disregard my info. :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.