Recommend a good shop in Sacramento? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2005, 07:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 40898
Recommend a good shop in Sacramento?

Hey, can anyone recommend a good shop in Sacto? I need to get some basic maintenance done and would like recommendations for a good shop that doesn't charge $75/hr to work on it. TIA
rcerex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2005, 10:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16699
This place has gone to shit !
rockmup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2005, 10:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 398
Send a message via ICQ to welndmn
75/hr is low on the pay scale, most shops are 85-120/hr
welndmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2005, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
IH/Rover Moderator

Member # 17
Send a message via ICQ to Old Scout
Look at the end of your driveway!

BUY MY BOAT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2005, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 26262
rockmup, the pirate4x4 is only as hard core as it's members. You took the first post, but neglected your duty to flame.

rcerex, look around for a minute before you make an ass of yourself, and shit on pirate4x4. This place is for sharing information on building things so hard core that they can't be bought. Everyone that belongs here is able to do way, way, way more than basic maintinence themselves.
Dalec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2005, 02:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 752
we're 78.37/ hr and damn good too ! Hangtown extreme , (530) 622-1412 -JOSH
Old 01-17-2005, 07:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 13786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roksamy
What's the .37 for?
Our shop is 86.00
KWTMECH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
RAMIT OR HIT IT HARD

Member # 37511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roksamy

This aint no shit either. There working on my jeep as we speak. & doing a fine dam job.

isnt that right Josh.

Scott.

MY RIG
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NOW ALL I NEED IS AN LS1 OR VORTEC

FOR SALE 39.5 PITBULL ROCKERS

BOUNTY1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2005, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 34751
fawk i do it all myself because im to dame broke to pay and personally I really dont trust anyone else with my ass on the trail.
Grab a manual and dive in it's called ON THE JOB TRAINING !!!

At least try it yourself if it don't work then log on and
1. DO A SEARCH ( if you still can't find the exact answer goto to#2)
2. post your Q's with all relivant info needed to answer (make ,modle, year,engine/drivetrain BLA BLA BLA)
3. don't be skeerd and put on your fire proof suit cause it's gonna get HOT.

P.S I'm still a newbie and still laerning new shiet every time I'm on PBB .

Golden rule watch and learn
trevinotrek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2005, 01:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 40898

Ok, so now I know that this board is a more advanced forum. I would like to get into this sport but just needed advice as I currently don't have the means or time to get some work done on my vehicle. I live in a apartment complex, to the smartass who flamed me; how about letting me work on your driveway? Dalec, you knuckle dragging retard, why don't you know the facts before spouting off or ASSuming situations or skill levels? If you don't have something to help my thread, just STFU
Old 01-18-2005, 01:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 26262
What facts am I missing? You made a stupid decision by not figuring out who we are, before you asked your inappropriate question. Once again, you started typing before you learned the situation, as I am pretty smart. It's plain to see that I am your superior in the subject of wheeling, and tact. Can you think of another subject that we have to compare about eachother? If I implied something wrong about your skill level, describe a situation where you are at our level but still need to ask your question.

My friend lives in an apartment, and figured out that it doesn't preclued him from anything short of removing an engine. If he needs to remove an engine, he does it at my house. If it's truely imposiable to do it at your apartment, you could do it somewhere else. If you don't have a friend, do it in a parking lot.

The way I am helping you in your thread is by alearting you that it doesn't belong on pirate 4x4. Further, if you actually do want to get into this sport, get a new name, and learn the deal before you start posting.

Who's the retard now, bitch?
Dalec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2005, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 107
Send a message via AIM to The Jerk Send a message via MSN to The Jerk Send a message via Yahoo to The Jerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalec
What facts am I missing? You made a stupid decision by not figuring out who we are, before you asked your inappropriate question. Once again, you started typing before you learned the situation, as I am pretty smart. It's plain to see that I am your superior in the subject of wheeling, and tact. Can you think of another subject that we have to compare about eachother? If I implied something wrong about your skill level, describe a situation where you are at our level but still need to ask your question.

My friend lives in an apartment, and figured out that it doesn't preclued him from anything short of removing an engine. If he needs to remove an engine, he does it at my house. If it's truely imposiable to do it at your apartment, you could do it somewhere else. If you don't have a friend, do it in a parking lot.

The way I am helping you in your thread is by alearting you that it doesn't belong on pirate 4x4. Further, if you actually do want to get into this sport, get a new name, and learn the deal before you start posting.

Who's the retard now, bitch?
lol, who made you boss? true this dose belong in the newbie 4x4 sections.

poster - maybe if you posted what type of maintence you need done and where in the area you are. some nice folks might tell ya to bring it awn over and 12 pack and get teh work done.

carry on,. jiMMy
Old 01-18-2005, 07:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 40898

Dalec, you are true and only retard here; here's Webster's definition of tact "2 : a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense". You clearly broke that line, unless rudeness is par for the course in Colorado.
As far as skill level, I've built a car that was on the cover of Popular Hot Rodding August '04 issue with a full color spread inside. I was one of the first to put a T56 and mate it to a 2 pce rear main motor back in '97. It had ABS, a revised intstant center and solid bushings throughout to improve handling. I sold it to a rich guy who took all the credit but you can ask the guys at Loper's(a speed shop where I worked at), or the painter who built it to check my credibility. I also machined a set of Gilmer drive gears from scratch using a flycutter and tool(which I made because my shop class didn't have teh correct gear cutter) for the car but the owner went serpentine. A dummy distributer shaft and a custom crank fire setup similar to a Hall effect was also made by me for the car. I'm adequate at both machining and wrenching.
I'm pretty sure I can smoke your ass on either Laguna Seca or Thunderhill on a bike given equal bikes.
I'm a graduate of Gunsite(CQB1 and 2, small arms) and have attended Thunderranch remote sessions. I'm proficient on both handguns and CQB techniques.
I graduated from GIT(Musicians Institute) and am proficient in music theory and application.
Cars,guitars,guns and bikes, what else is there? OK, smartass, what do you have and don't make this shit up either.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:27 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 1050
Send a message via Yahoo to Robert
I have done a tranny swap from the AX15 to a T98 4 speed, complete body swap, and installed my Atlas, all in apartment complex parking lots.

If you really want to pay out upwards of $75/hr to work on your stuff, I'll do it I am a pro truck mechanic with full access to a hobby work shop for side work.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 40898

Well Robert, it depends on the policy of your complex's management; my apartment is fairly strict as evident from a ticket I found on my Sub to either move it or it will get towed tomorrow(this is after only one week in teh same spot in the corner of the lot,lol).
Old 01-20-2005, 07:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 5333
Send a message via Yahoo to 5spd
I though I was on the Craigslist site when I saw his question...........LOL
5spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 34751
fawk it 12 pack and you can use my drive and i'll help .

where you at i'm in suckatomato (citrus heights)
trevinotrek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in