Got my ORD 203/205 Doubler today... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2002, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 3864
Send a message via AIM to WOLF359
Got my ORD 203/205 Doubler today...

received it from UPS today.

Ordered on January 5th... in my hands February 26. It was shipped and billed to me on February 19th.

I ordered the TH400 Version Gen 2 Doubler and the Double Shifter for the TH400.

Price at my door was $910.00 us, plus $38.50 shipping. (which is reasonable)

Now, on to my impressions:

1. Very nice piece. Well made. All the parts are there, including gaskets. Looks good.

2. Manual - slim, photocopied, partially hand written. From the amount of apologies in the manual for the fact it's not better, I assume that a new one is in the works. From the looks of it, most of the info is in there, but the pictures are pretty dark and hard to see.

I'll likely install it this weekend and try and get some pictures of it up by next week.

Tim.
WOLF359 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2002, 03:08 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 3906
Send a message via AIM to Jeepmangled87
yeah and I just got a fawking new set of shocks? Who gives a fawk really who gives a fawk? POST
Jeepmangled87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2002, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 2865
Cool, I got mine about a month a go but will have to wait until after EJS to install it, I will be doing a review and taking some better pics to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
coloradok5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2002, 03:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 8109
Send a message via Yahoo to tigger4x
WOLF ... I am getting the TH400 Gen II version too. I can't wait to the kit in my garage!! I ave just about everything I will need except for the kit. It ain't easy waiting for the good stuff to hurry up and get here.

As soon as you can get yer pics up! What are you stuffing it into? I have a '76 FSJ Cherokee 2 door.

coloradoK5 ... You got all you need to do yours yet? Yer gonna hafta post pics too!! I know I'm gonna!

s to ya both! Have fun!

and to jeepmangled ... ya whiner!
Old 02-26-2002, 03:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 2865
Yeah, I have everything but the time, well almost everything, I am still waiting for my torque converter from Art Carr, I am doing the TH400 version as well.

Old 02-26-2002, 04:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 3864
It's going into a 72 Landcruiser behind a TH400. I moved the rear diff back 8 inches already when I did the 3 link, and I've moved it back another 6 in preparation for the 203/205.

I didn't clock it because it would interfere with my upper link brackets, but my 205 never hung down that much anyways.

I'll post some pics of when I get it assembled.
Old 02-26-2002, 04:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 8109
coloradoK5 ... what kinda TC are you getting, what are the specs, and how much was it? It was suggested to me to go with an Allison TC because they are made to handle BIG quantities of torque and not fold in the process. I would appreciate any info you have and can share. Thanks !!
Old 02-26-2002, 04:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 8109
WOLF ... Sounds like a rather shweeet cruzah! I can't wait to see yer pics. I have been contemplating the link rear end and the coilovers up front .... BUT .... I'm too wishy washy right now to decide. I'll probably just end up playing with my new set up for aw hile ad see how the other guys rigs do on the trail. I don't suppose I'll get to close of a comparison though. Most guys are running the little jeeps and I have a FULL SIZE . Oh well ... I guess that will be part of the experiementing fun.
Old 02-26-2002, 06:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 3547
Quote:
yeah and I just got a fawking new set of shocks? Who gives a fawk really who gives a fawk?
Uh, yea - on that note...look at your sig line pal...really, a 2" body lift and stickers...good for you ! And then you have to go and label yourself "hardcore"...sure, OK

Wolf...good info, can't wait to see pics.
BillaVista is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2002, 06:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 1375
Mmmm, new parts

i pulling a 203 low range box to get ready for a friend tomorrow or when i get time (soon), he's going with the th350/203 to a ford 205........

i myself have dreams of the SM465/203/Ford205 myself

post some pictures if you can........

3/4tonYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2002, 07:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 2865
Yeah, I was going to get an Allison also but Art Carr made me a pretty good deal and I also got their reverse manual valve body along with a reverse pattern gate shifter. They can make a TC dial in at any RPM that you want, I went with 1700 RPM stall which is close to stock should work nice at the alltitude here in Colorado.

Just some fluff from the Art Carr web site:
Art Carr converters all have furnace brazed fins, a specially matched stator, a special extra heavy-duty sprag, needle bearings, thrust washers and a specially reinforced impeller. The unit is assembled with precision and is completely tested for fluid leak as well as electronically balanced.

Old 02-26-2002, 11:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 6043
would like to see pic's of the doubler before and after assembly. how far did you have it clocked, if any? already have the 205 and the 203 and will be mated to a 700r4. just wait'n on uncle sam's check.

Last edited by RocnWilly; 02-26-2002 at 11:34 PM.
RocnWilly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2002, 11:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 52
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeepmangled87
yeah and I just got a fawking new set of shocks? Who gives a fawk really who gives a fawk? POST
GAWD! I absolutley agree. If I posted everytime I got something for my rig(like who the fawk would care anyway), I would not have anytime to install the stuff. I get sick of these ........Ohhhhh, wooooooow, I got some stuff, and I really need to let you guys know!!!!!
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2002, 01:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ford Forum Moderator

Member # 421
Quote:
Originally posted by tigger4x
I don't suppose I'll get to close of a comparison though. Most guys are running the little jeeps and I have a FULL SIZE . Oh well ... I guess that will be part of the experiementing fun.
I'll help ya out & point ya in the right directions that worked for me if ya need a hand... I love my simple leaf setup. I'm only a few miles away from ya.
When's your rig gonna be 'wheelable? We got about 10+ fullsizes going to run out in Florence this weekend, & having a fullsize J**p (with a real t-case) around someday would be cool.
Old 02-27-2002, 01:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 2643
Quote:
Originally posted by Keith

GAWD! I absolutley agree. If I posted everytime I got something for my rig(like who the fawk would care anyway), I would not have anytime to install the stuff. I get sick of these ........Ohhhhh, wooooooow, I got some stuff, and I really need to let you guys know!!!!!

No wonder you dont put where your location is. your A big man behind the keyboard. Apperently people are interested in this post and you did go out of your way to read it also. Then you got jelous and had to turn into A women.
TEAM X-TREME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2002, 02:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 8226
Send a message via ICQ to Bindernut Send a message via AIM to Bindernut
Hey team x-treme,

I see you're in Redding. I grew up in Mt. Shasta, then moved to Oregon, and now I'm down in Davis. My brother still lives in Mt. Shasta. We have a bunch of Scouts, the usual stuff (soa custom this and that blah blah). Where do you wheel, since you're nearby? Those 44's fit okay on narrow rock trails?

Sean

p.s. I just got a shiny new chrome anti-sway bar for my Scout, do you think I can keep up with my buddies stock Ford Explorer's now?

[QUOTE=Mechanos]"I did a fine job of spotting you through the gravel parking lot, but once we got on rocks over 1" diameter, I was screwed."[/QUOTE]

Last edited by Bindernut; 02-27-2002 at 02:09 AM.
Bindernut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2002, 08:35 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 1912
I have to agree....their instructions were definately on the "lamer" side...but atleast it's a pretty easy install, so don't really need it.
I got mine about ~2 months ago. I'll be putting it into an R4. Just waiting on my R4 from BowtieOverdrives. I got mine clocked up 2 degress....to level the 205 out with the 203. Good luck with your install....should be pretty easy

Sounds like a couple guys got bitten with the "bitter bug" today ...LOL
Boss
Boss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2002, 10:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 8109
Quote:
Originally posted by Fullsizes Rule
I'll help ya out & point ya in the right directions that worked for me if ya need a hand... I love my simple leaf setup. I'm only a few miles away from ya.
Thanks FULLSIZES RULE! I have tried over at the IFSJA and haven't really gotten a whole lot out of it, 'cept for RiverBeast's rig.

Quote:
When's your rig gonna be 'wheelable? We got about 10+ fullsizes going to run out in Florence this weekend, & having a fullsize J**p (with a real t-case) around someday would be cool.
Florence sounds like some good fun. I have heard quite a bit about it. Unfortunately I don't think we could get enough poeple together to carry all of my parts pieces parts over the trail. Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Just a few more bits n pieces to get together and then its off to the wrench-o-rama!! OOOO YEAAAHHH !!
Old 02-28-2002, 12:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 3864
pics...

A pic. The 203 is at the front (right), then the ORD doubler, then the 205.

The assembly was pretty easy (once you decipher the meager manual).

There's nothing in the 203 that's hard to put together. I called ORD once one one issue, and Stephen was very helpful. Good product.

I would recommend it for those that have the wheelbase to handle the length, and big power.

The total lengh of the 203/205 is 22.75" from the front of the 203 adaptor to the centre of the yoke holes.

Took me about 4 hours to put everything together including changing all the seals in the 203. Now the only problem is the dam thing weighs about 220 lbs and I can't lift it off the bench alone

Old 02-28-2002, 06:52 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 192
Thanks for the info so far!
brector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2002, 06:53 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 192
Re: pics...

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLF359
Now the only problem is the dam thing weighs about 220 lbs and I can't lift it off the bench alone
So should I feel bad that I can't even pic my 203 up???
brector is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2002, 05:51 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 2681
Billavista, you wheel an XJ correct me if Im wrong, Those are fawking gay ass rigs enough said, oh and dont forget XJ's have no frame, so on that I cant wait to see a pic of your sweet as XJ on probably some 32inch BFG's, so BillaVista, sweet name by the way, how about you go pick up the kids in your soccer mom rig ok! FAWK OFF, Hey keith thanks be sure and post the next time you get something new ok, I will to. God some guys on this site amaze me, I thought this was a tech site and a site where you could learn some usefull info, oh well
skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2002, 06:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 2102
Quote:
Originally posted by BIGASSYJ
Billavista, you wheel an XJ correct me if Im wrong, Those are fawking gay ass rigs enough said, oh and dont forget XJ's have no frame, so on that I cant wait to see a pic of your sweet as XJ on probably some 32inch BFG's, so BillaVista, sweet name by the way, how about you go pick up the kids in your soccer mom rig ok! FAWK OFF, Hey keith thanks be sure and post the next time you get something new ok, I will to. God some guys on this site amaze me, I thought this was a tech site and a site where you could learn some usefull info, oh well
Hmmm..I learned something. You should tell us how hardcore you get in Texas You fawkers come up and fuck up my state, you should stay home and shut the fuck up. If you don't like the post go somewhere else bitch.
J Kimmel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2002, 06:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
mj

Member # 1919
i learned that bigASS cant link photos and he is trying to sell his junk, oopps jeep, for $22000 but he will have trouble once the moderator of that forum notices he has replied to his own post a dozen times to bump it to the top and that he linked his own ebay ad
mj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2002, 06:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 2681
ohh by the way that wasnt me i accidently left my name on at his house and i guess he forgott to delete it, that post about BIllaVista was Jeepmangled not me so no one get pissed at me i dont give a shit what people post
skinny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in