Long Time hardcore wheeler Tim Hardy needs a hand - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2005, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 1291
Long Time hardcore wheeler Tim Hardy needs a hand

After reading an article in the Mountain Democrat (Placerville Ca) about Tim Hardy being denied an appeal to save the vehicles he was restoring I gave him a call. Seems he was working with one code enforcement officer when another officer jerked the rug out from under him and started hauling his cars off. Now he could use our help to save what he has. Tim gave me his # when I told him I would post up so some of you could help or maybe buy some of the collector cars he has. The cars are from the 30's to the 70's some rare ones too. There is alot more to this story that has left him on the short end of the stick and it would take me a day and half to type. If you can help a fellow wheeler please call Tim Hardy at 530 642-0436. thanks
Skynnard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2005, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 40375
I assume is the guy in this thread? https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377404
wizard_Drd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2005, 09:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 12695
Why does the name Tim Hardy sound familiar??

Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dan Dibble is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2005, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 1889
Tim's a longtime Four Wheeler Magazine contributor/staff dude, among other things. Has a mangled red Suzuki, has been 'wheeling the snot out of it forever. Really nice guy.
Scott@Rockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2005, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 40375
Here's Tim's Rig
http://www.off-road.com/suzuki/album/gh/hardy.htm

And for those that want to read the article:
http://www.mtdemocrat.com/articles/2...s/x2507_n2.txt
wizard_Drd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2005, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 10894
Send a message via AIM to 46willys
If I remember from back a few years he always did the "Ultimate Adventure" I think he did it the year of the "Ultimate A1" that was one build up I actually followed...he may have been in it a few other times.
46willys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2005, 10:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 14196
Send a message via AIM to wes8517 Send a message via MSN to wes8517 Send a message via Yahoo to wes8517
hes done UA multiple times
Old 07-25-2005, 11:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 37519
Ok let me start off by saying that I don't know anything about CA laws other then everybody says they suck.. With that being said I will continue..

When somebody buys property it seems that you really don't own it and that makes me mad.. If it's his property and he has the cars behind a fence and not in the middle of the street then it shouldn't be up to somebody else to decide what he does with them I just don't see how other peoples opinions are more valid then the person that owns the property that the vehicles are on.. If it's his property then it should be his right to decide how many vehicles he has and not for somebody else to decide for him..

The part I really don't understand is how can somebody just come on your property and take something that dosen't belong to them and not be arrested for theft ?

Now on to some laws I do know about.. Around here even if somebody complains about how many vehicles you own the county still can't take them.. What happens if enough complaints are filed is they county will send you a letter stating they have recieved a complaint and advise you to tag them or put up a fence.. As long as you have the vehicles behind the fence you will not here from them again.. If you don't put up a fence they will issue a fine until you either get a fence or tag them but they can't take something that belongs to you..

So why are the laws in CA so different from the rest of the country ?

Does he live in a sub-division that has a home owners association ?

My parents live in a sub-division that has a home owners association and I think it sucks.. Me and my parent have argued over this subject many times .. The association tells you what you can and can't do with your own property and that to me is bullshit.. The whole reasoning behind it is to keep the property value up which I understand but when does telling you how to live become too much ?

I have always lived and grew up out in the country and still do so I don't really have anybody telling me what I can do with my property but it still makes me mad when I hear about it happening to other people.. My parents decided to move from the house I grew up in to a sub-division because they wanted to build a new house and sell it when they retire.. So they tell me they don't mind the rules and regulations of the home owners association because it will help keep the property value on the rise so they are happy with how things are..

They made the choice to live there so that is one thing but having the ability to decide what is best for you should alway be your choice not somebody else's.. I will close with this, tell Mr.Tim Hardy that this decision to take his private property has even angered people on the other side of the country and tell him to give them a few of these for me..
mudslinger99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 07:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 38212
He needs a place in the country to store them it sounds like.That's wrong when someone tells you what you can or cannot do on your own property. those officials with that much disrespect for ones property and belongings! I know CA is crazy but other places you have a fence you are fine.
1967K10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 08:08 AM   #10 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2203
Send a message via Yahoo to 1SAWB
I Would Be More Then Happy To Store A Few For Him For A While. I'm Just Outside Of Carson City. Pm Me If You Interested.

in the work's

Das Buggy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1SAWB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 08:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
TEX

Member # 603
Touchy subject for me right now. I have 7.4 acres, my next door neighbor ~90. He also has more than 50 junk cars - not one of which I'd call "collectible" - many of which are lined up right on my fence. There's also the house that mostly burned 2 years ago & is still partially standing, and just last week they hauled in a 30-year-old mobile home with all the windows shot out I've held off on making a report as I'm all for property rights, but the fact that he has all this crap lined up on the property line is hurting my property VALUE. I'd be perfectly happy with him building a privacy fence (HA!) or at least moving his crap further inland so that I can't see it. But, I'm afraid such a middle ground arrangement is unlikely

TEX

Thanks to:

Extreme Performance

Bear Creek Auto Recyclers

TEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 08:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 50632
Truth is in ca there are laws to keep people from running unregulated junk yards. (thanks again you fawkin seirra clubing bastards) the law is writen so as to not allow a rig that does not run to sit for more than so many days out side. If the rigs were inside he would have no prob but what happened is probly that some nieghbor needed a refi and had an apraisal done and was told that the neighbors junk was lowwering the value of his house. Instead of being a real person and stoping by to talk it over they just call the city who finds a law they can use to make a good guy move his stuff and shut up a whinny bastard of a neighbor. I have calls all the time but when they ask if they run I always have them running even if they have the body off I always make sure I can start them or move em inside if they don't. Yes is sucks to deal with but where else can you make this kind of $ doing what I do???

Thanks
Wayne ( a newbie Wayne)

Fox Shocks
ZukIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 08:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 6340
Another set of reasons never to move to Ca... He needs a lawyer and a Pole barn. I have room for two cars, but I am too far away to be practicle

Marc

In what appears to have been an understatement, the plant operator described the situation at the Number 4 reactor as "not so good."

Love and kisses, Zaphod..
ItsaCJ6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 09:40 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 50632
I will call him Never met him but I can help and have enough room for 5 or 6 and a trailer that can haul em. I also have a few freinds that can help.

Thanks
Wayne

Ps Don't move here there are too many people here already. In fact take a few with ya we have spares.

Fox Shocks
ZukIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 10:09 AM   #15 (permalink)
4x4 Consultant

Member # 227
I just talked with Tim. Here whats needed if you can help: He needs a few bodys to move car parts and some roller chassis that will need to be put on trailers and transported.

He needs help this evening and if you have a trailer and truck to haul this stuff a short distance that would be great. Please call him if you can assist.

I will be helping him this evening with a few POR members.

Thanks All,

Call Tim and leave him a message and he'll call you right back.

Special Thanks to YUKON, BAJA DESIGNS.
UGET IT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 10:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 43190
Ps Don't move here there are too many people here already. In fact take a few with ya we have spares.[/QUOTE]

yeah all you guys are coming up here(OR) stay away!!!!

anyways I hope everything works out well for Tim. He gave me a good memory of those guys pulling his beat up sammy through a mud hole. That was awesome
blown4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 01:23 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 3132
Send a message via AIM to NOODLES Send a message via Yahoo to NOODLES
I think there is a way around the code enforcement thing with old cars, look into being a liscensed antique car collector. I think I remember someone talking about this a few years ago.
NOODLES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 01:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 3132
Send a message via AIM to NOODLES Send a message via Yahoo to NOODLES
I just did a search for antique auto collector california laws. try it http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/...wsOldCars2.htm
NOODLES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 02:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 26382
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967K10
He needs a place in the country to store them it sounds like.

his place is about as country as it gets. i have known tim for about 10 years (i haven't talked to him much in the last few) and he has always had a bunch of cars on the top of his property away from the road. you have to look hard to see them from the road (last time i was by there at least).

my guess is that people from the bay area are starting to move that direction and want to change what it is to live in the country. not that i have anything against bay area people, but if you want to live in the city then live in the city. don't move to the mountains and expect them to conform to your life style.

i have plans tonight but if i can get out of them i will try to help.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 37600
Send a message via AIM to PAToyota Send a message via Skype™ to PAToyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300sniper
Not that i have anything against bay area people, but if you want to live in the city then live in the city. don't move to the mountains and expect them to conform to your life style.
Ain't that the truth! Around here we have "city" people moving out to the country and then complaining about the farm with the "bad odors" and all sorts of things. Then they complain that there aren't any malls, stores, and other conveniences "out in the country." Ten years down the road they've pulled the suburbs along with them. They get this "Disney" version of what living in the country is like.
PAToyota is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 26382
it is constantly happening. housing developments spring up by airports and now they want the air port shut down because it makes to much noise. housing developments spring up by a dump/land fill and they wnat it shut down because of smell. bay area people move to the foot hills where there have been rock quarrys for years. they feel it lowers their property value so they try to have it shut down. the quary's permits are all good, that didn't work. now they find aspestos in the ground there. that got it shut down.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 87
Send a message via AIM to GRMhick
Quote:
it is constantly happening. housing developments spring up by airports and now they want the air port shut down because it makes to much noise. housing developments spring up by a dump/land fill and they wnat it shut down because of smell. bay area people move to the foot hills where there have been rock quarrys for years. they feel it lowers their property value so they try to have it shut down. the quary's permits are all good, that didn't work. now they find aspestos in the ground there. that got it shut down.

My personal favorate is the housing devlopment in azusa that opened up by the shooting range, and now all the people complaining about it being too loud, and getting it shut down (range was there 50 years longer than the houses)

Or the people who moved in around my old highschool in san jose, then complained about high school kids parking their cars around the school, and loitering on the corner. Heck, the school is over 150 years old, and the houses were built in the 60's.

Doesnt anyone ever get- if you dont like what you live next to, move?

. Diamonds. 35's.

. RestoMod.
GRMhick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2005, 07:12 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 5952
[QUOTE=300sniper]
my guess is that people from the bay area are starting to move that direction and want to change what it is to live in the country. not that i have anything against bay area people, but if you want to live in the city then live in the city. don't move to the mountains and expect them to conform to your life style.

You are right!!!!

Wish I could help out tonight, but can't get out of plans. Tim is a great guy and one HARDCORE wheeler.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
popeye

Member # 20027
Quote:
that's it, period.
my grandparents built their house in 81 in cape horn area(between colfax, ca and dutch flats, ca) when their nearest neighbor or paved road was miles away. now there is paved roads up to her hill/mountain/driveway. also we drove 3 wheelers/quads/offroad gokarts/and toyota's till the guy who built his san fran style house(also from san fran) pulled a shot gun on my wife and i for "disturbing" his dog while on granma's eavsment. he and grandma called the sherrif's dept and he was basically asked "do not do it again, this isn't the bay area"

if you want the bay stay in the bay
Old 07-26-2005, 07:56 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 15945
Damn I'm glad I live in Georgia!
weedwacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in