Spy Pics - Cycling the suspension - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2002, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 3692
Spy Pics - Cycling the suspension

I shot these pictures while the suspension was being cycled to get drive shaft lengths and angles. The front shaft needs a whooping 1/8" of slip!

Approximate ride height.

STINKBUG!

Say Ahhhhh!

Oh Jess, you have a voice mail from Shaffer's.
Belly Dragger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2002, 10:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 2757
east LA comes to mind, all hydro'd out and sheeat

LOOKS GOOD

Not my 1st choice in a truck/body/frame but still kickass!
Old 03-27-2002, 10:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 8822
Wow. That Amigo is sweet. Is the pig centered? How did you get so little slip needed?
McSoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2002, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 3692
Quote:
Originally posted by SMART ASS
east LA comes to mind, all hydro'd out and sheeat
I thought the exact same thing. Must have been the influence from friends with lowriders in high school. Hmm I wonder... Ever see O.C and Stiggs. j/k

Quote:
Is the pig centered? How did you get so little slip needed?
Yes it's centered. Driveshaft length = link length = same point of pivot.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 8558
that things sick, i used to have a rodeo, but i ditched it for my current jeep platform. makes me kinda wonder what i could have done with it if i kept it. stupid thing went through head gaskets with oil changes though.
aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2002, 10:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 10556
are you gonna be doin' fender trimmin' on that thing or what?? Doesn't look like much room for those tires .....
Randyzuk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2002, 10:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 9923
Send a message via AIM to stonpny
I want it!!! I have always liked Amigos......and wanted to do something like that. You running the stock powerplant?
stonpny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2002, 10:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 3692
Quote:
Originally posted by stonpny
I want it!!! I have always liked Amigos......and wanted to do something like that. You running the stock powerplant?
Yep, 230 HP all aluminium 24 valve DOHC FI V6. Although measurements for a Ramjet 350 have been kicked around.
Quote:
Doesn't look like much room for those tires.
Once it's moving around it will get twisted up and the sheet metal will fly.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 2757
i wana know where the fwak yall get ur money!!!!?!?!?1

Old 03-27-2002, 11:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 3692
Quote:
Originally posted by SMART ASS
i wana know where the fwak yall get ur money!!!!?!?!?1

Work for 30 years and save up your money, planning for the future. Then have a heart attack, nearly die, twice, change your perspective on what is and what is not valueable or important in life.

Last edited by Belly Dragger; 03-27-2002 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-27-2002, 11:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 7354
Quote:
Originally posted by Belly Dragger
Work for 30 years and save up your money, planning for the future. Then have a heart attack, nearly die, twice, change your perspective on what is and what is not valueable or important in life.
Right awn!!!!!!!!! That is an awesome attitude and an awesome rig. I can't wait to see it in action this summer.

Is the powerplant stock or are there some things done to make it breather better? Do they make chips for those. I want, I want, I want. I have reached the outer limits of my 97 unibody XJ and want to build a framed rig next. How hard was it to do the SFA?

SeanP
Old 03-28-2002, 12:17 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 2757
\/ -----Im with him

Quote:
Originally posted by SeanP

Right awn!!!!!!!!! That is an awesome attitude and an awesome rig. I can't wait to see it in action this summer.

Is the powerplant stock or are there some things done to make it breather better? Do they make chips for those. I want, I want, I want. I have reached the outer limits of my 97 unibody XJ and want to build a framed rig next. How hard was it to do the SFA?

SeanP
Old 03-28-2002, 06:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 3692
Quote:
Originally posted by SeanP
I have a set of prototyped Pacesetter headers on it. However I don't think they intend to go onto production. I have a Calmini (Full Traction) intake filter very similar to a K&N cone. I had a flowmaster 40 on it but the exhaust needs to be redone so I don't know what it will end up just yet. Both Jet and SuperChips makes chipsets. It's been a while since I looked but this is what I remember. The Jet is a full chipset and they were looking into a programable on the fly chipset. SuperChip may have a chip by now but last I looked they hadn't cracked the Isuzu OBD-II codes and only had a timing advance chip without anything else. The frame is full ladder. Swapping out to solid axle is from what I've been told no different than any other solid axle swap. The Isuzu frame is full 2x3 box so it's a good starting point. The frame above the front axle is straight, perfectly parrallel to the ground forcing a fairly tall vehicle for clearance. The Toyota tranny bolted right up to my engine without using anything other than a little work on the input shaft and a Isuzu factory bell housing.

I'm really looking forward to a summer of fun. I can hardly wait. If you see me on the trail, definately stop by and say Hi!
Old 03-28-2002, 08:35 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 743
Quote:
Belly, I agree, they would be amazed what a near death expirence will do ones values.

Try laying in an ambulance with your left leg busted into 2 pieces at the Femur and one medic saying out loud "I wonder if he is going to loose his leg?"

That changes your whole perspective.

The amigo looks great! Keep it up..right...
Old 03-28-2002, 08:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 6136
Quote:
lol.....for some reason when I picture somebody going through something like that, I see them coming out with a new perspective such as "i must spend more time helping the community or doing something of cultural value". You come out of something like that and realize that it would be best to build a kick ass rig that'll let you have tons o' fun. I like your thinking MUCH better
Old 03-28-2002, 09:40 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 14
Thumbs up

Lookin' sweet Belly!!! Keep up the kick ass money flow, so they can keep up the kick ass work!!
Cliffy [JD] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2002, 10:24 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 9242
Looks sweet I'll show this to my GF and see if she'll let me do that to hers. That"s bad ass
jeenjer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2002, 01:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 4438
i saw you last summer coming up true Sluice, I was with all those XJ's going down.....was that before or after the ticker had "issues"?

I remeber you saying it was time to torch out the IFS....I guess you got around to it, huh?

Andy
Old 03-28-2002, 01:19 PM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 3085
damn that looks good Michael. Just a little different from the last time I rode in it, ya think hehe. Hope to see you on the Con some this year and maybe I'll come hang out in your backdoors and you could show me some of the local trails. Take care man and that sure will turn some heads.
Scott
Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2002, 01:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 3692
Quote:
Originally posted by afecko
i saw you last summer coming up true Sluice, I was with all those XJ's going down.....was that before or after the ticker had "issues"?

I remeber you saying it was time to torch out the IFS....I guess you got around to it, huh?
Yea it was before, I was a smoking junk food junkie then. I remember that day well. One of my best trips from last year. Beat the living crap out of the Amigo though. About a mile further down the road the power steering finally gave up the goat and I played Pinball the rest of the way out. By the time we made the dam my arms were jello. If I remember right you and your group was very good about waiting for me and Corbin (white Amigo with d44's) to drag my ass up true sluice. Hopefully we will meet again this year. Yeah with the steering out, the control arms twisted and meeting God I decieded there is no time like the present cause there may not be another time.
Old 03-28-2002, 01:34 PM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 4669
Quote:
Then have a heart attack, nearly die, twice, change your perspective on what is and what is not valueable or important in life.
Sheeeeee-it... I guess I'm lucky... I've always INSTINCTUALLY blown wads of cash on my rigs. Glad to hear ya pulled through though. Nice junk BTW!
crashinaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2002, 04:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 3547
Quote:
Sheeeeee-it... I guess I'm lucky... I've always INSTINCTUALLY blown wads of cash on my rigs.
LOL!!

I heard that! NEVER been able to save, not even now with kids. Hope wife teaches them resposibility, I'm teaching them to live life, and to "invest in the economy...through consumer products !"

'course it could be that every day at work is a "near death experience" (think flying in a helicopter built before you were born, sitting on four thousand punds of jet fuel with 2 turbines screaming away abover yer head!)

Belly....Different is cool...which makes yours the King of cool!

I Soooo think you should rig hydraulics so you can make it do that (pics) on demand !!
BillaVista is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2002, 04:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 2482
DUDE!! Looks killer!!! Forget the camo paint scheme, I am thinking you need full gold metal flake green "Dr Dre" paint and a chrome gas door man, and don't forget 3 wheel motion. Yeah!!!

Can't wait to see it on the trail.

You missed a killer "Glow-Show" at prison hill. I TRASHED my cruiser on the last rock pile of the day though Broke the windshield, tore the fender off, bend a rim, blew a birfield. WHOO HOOO!!!!
Old 03-28-2002, 04:38 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 3692
Quote:
Originally posted by GloNDark
[B]DUDE!! Looks killer!!! Forget the camo paint scheme, I am thinking you need full gold metal flake green "Dr Dre" paint and a chrome gas door man, and don't forget 3 wheel motion. Yeah!!! [/qb]
LOL! Too bad the batteries to run everything would seriously bog it down. So am I the only person in the world to have seen OC and Stiggs? They had quite the killer hydraulic setup in their "Gila Monster".
Quote:
Can't wait to see it on the trail.
Me Either! Damn it. OK so not this weekend but maybe the next......
Quote:
You missed a killer "Glow-Show" at prison hill. I TRASHED my cruiser on the last rock pile of the day though Broke the windshield, tore the fender off, bend a rim, blew a birfield. WHOO HOOO!!!!
Figures. I worked all weekend. But if it's any consolation (No, it really isn't) I already have 54 hours for the week and it's only Thursday. Well at least you didn't break a pinion! I expect to see pics Thursday night, and if it's ready I'll bring the little beasty to the meeting.

BV if I added the hydraulics, you'd have to add another section to your website.
Old 03-28-2002, 05:33 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 587
So how much does this 230hp al aluminum motor weigh? It for the most part bolted up to the toyota tranny????

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in