Coil over - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2006, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 70604
Send a message via AIM to YamanX Send a message via MSN to YamanX Send a message via Yahoo to YamanX
Coil over

Were can I get a good set of coil overs for my truck. I want to put some on it, it's an 89 F-150.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 63901
Polyperformance.
Brink_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2006, 02:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 1007
Markssandtrans.com

Super cool guy, some of the best customer service I have experienced.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Search. This has been covered a bunch of times.

I generally recommend Poly Performance, however if their is a local shop that services and sells coilovers where you are, you may want to buy from them. Coilovers are not a buy it, throw them on and run it product. You are likely going to end up revalving and trading springs until the truck is right. If there is a local shop it makes it much easier.

Btw Poly Performance does have a spring swap policy that helps out a bunch when you are trying to find your rates.

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2006, 02:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 46175
I had an excelent experience dealing with Dave at Polyperformance. He hit the nail on the head with my Fox coilovers. I answered a few questions he had and he got the valving and spring rate right on the money. After talking to a few other places and seeing the worksheet that one faxed over, I felt lost. Dave made it easy, give him a call.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
PIG
2indapink&1indastink

Member # 4502
Thanks for the kind words guys....... We work really hard to make sure every customer is taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mh4Runner
I had an excelent experience dealing with Dave at Polyperformance. He hit the nail on the head with my Fox coilovers. I answered a few questions he had and he got the valving and spring rate right on the money. After talking to a few other places and seeing the worksheet that one faxed over, I felt lost. Dave made it easy, give him a call.
Glad to see it all worked out for you.

USE CODE: PIRATE10 FOR 10% SAVINGS ON YOUR NEXT ORDER!!!

//
//

COOL STUFF FOR YOUR BUGGY, JEEP, DODOGE 2500/3500

//
//

PIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2006, 04:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
PIG
2indapink&1indastink

Member # 4502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux
Markssandtrans.com

Super cool guy, some of the best customer service I have experienced.
Seems like all they do is sand car stuff..... What kind of valving did they set you up for rockcrawling...?

//
//

//
//

Old 07-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 1007
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIG
Seems like all they do is sand car stuff..... What kind of valving did they set you up for rockcrawling...?
Yeah mostly sand cars.

I dont know what he sets them up for initially. I am sure he could do the standard 40/80 if you asked.
Old 07-28-2006, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
PIG
2indapink&1indastink

Member # 4502
Quote:
Yeah mostly sand cars.
I am sure he could do the standard 40/80 if you asked.
Standard to who....? Thats typically not standard. When shocks are ordered through FOX if you don't request anything thats not what you get.

//
//

//
//

Old 07-29-2006, 04:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 1007
Thought it was standard to you?

Thats what I got when I ordered mine through you anyway.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
PIG
2indapink&1indastink

Member # 4502
Quote:
Thought it was standard to you?

Thats what I got when I ordered mine through you anyway.
Well thats the point I was trying to make..... All the shocks we get come valved for rockcrawling. If you order shocks its a real good idea to know what valving you are getting. Typically if your a guy thats doing rockcrawling thats what you want your shocks set up to do. Same idea goes if you are building a off road race truck or sand car.

//
//

//
//

Old 07-29-2006, 07:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 1007
I am of the opinion that everybody that gets adjustable shocks should get messed up valving from the start. If you give them a shock thats "close enough" then they will just run that till the end of time and never know any better.

Thats what happened to me. I ran my shocks for almost 2 yrs because they worked OK. I wish I would have gotten them with 90/30 valving and been forced to tune them from day one and truly understand the benefits.

I understand there is a group that dosent want to tune. Might as well say there is a standard like 40/80 or 50/80, and deal with your crappy suspension.
How can you just give them a shock with what you think is a good valving and consider them happy? 9.9 times out of 10 its going to be far from dialed. As I said IMO the closer you get without being perfect is worse. I think if you buy a coilover you should just be ready to tune it.

If your coilover suspension sucks there is nobody to blame but yourself.

Last edited by Erik D_lux; 07-31-2006 at 02:27 AM.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in