Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum (/forum/)
-   General 4x4 Discussion (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/16-general-4x4-discussion/)
-   -   Speed Sensor Help... (https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/general-4x4-discussion/495884-speed-sensor-help.html)

Stuckle 07-31-2006 10:17 PM

Speed Sensor Help...

OK. Posted this in the chevy section without much help, so i guess ill ask here.

Here we go. So, iu just did a sas on my truck (a 1992 Full Size Blazer with a 5.7 liter, TBI, 700r4 and np241(stock))

I took out the np241 and replaced it with a np208. My np241 had the vss built into it. My 208 doesent. SO, in order to still get my vss signal, i bought a 60115 from painless. This is a vss which screws into the mechanical output on the 208 and creates an electical signal.

Now, heres the fun part. My speedo is also electronic. The 2 original wires coming from my original vss are High and Low (not sure what this means). I think they run into a Buffer to change that signal from a digital signal to a voltage signal. I know the ECM takes a volatge signal, which is what this after market vss puts out. When i run the wire from the new vss straight to the ecm speed sensor input it works great. No VSS fault, my computer sees the speed reading and its all good. BUT, my speedo doesnt work.

I need to know if i can split the wire off my new vss into one that goes to the ecm and one that goes to the speedo. Also... if the speedo uses a voltage signal to work or a digital signal. If it uses a digital signal i wont have a speedo...

any inpout would be great. I dont have ANY wiring diagrams and am out of the loop so to speak

thanks alot guys:smokin:

Stuckle 08-01-2006 06:16 PM

ttt

Jeepermat 08-01-2006 06:57 PM

Did my PM help you at all? That manual has proved worthless in the past so it may not have.
Do you remember the pn of your painless sensor? After reading all your posts it jinxed my jeep, and it threw code 24...after 4 months of running without a VSS, and now it runs like shit, so I figure I need one now.

Stuckle 08-01-2006 07:13 PM

60115 part number

i think im gona hook that up to the ecm... and then get a speedo that will run with the voltage signal and put it in my dash

Manson 08-01-2006 10:20 PM

The wiring schematic I have shows the vss going to the vss buffer then to the ecm and on a seperate wire to the speedo head. Was the factory vss signal an ac waveform or digital waveform. Most likely an ac waveform wich the new vss puts out the wrong signal. In this case I dont see the speedo ever working correctly. Seems like someone would make the correct sensor to go to the original wiring and everything would work like normal.

Yankneck696 08-02-2006 05:27 AM

If the VSS operates the ECM correctly, you just need the VSS buffer. Check a Haynes manual to find where it is & wire it in like stock. Should work for ya.