Pirate 4x4 banner

3 Link Design ?

727 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  stomper4x4 
#1 ·
im lookin at doing a three link on my xj .The main thing i need to know about is the seperation of the links.

here is a really crappy drawing:D

im concerned about the seperation at the frame mounts.
any help or ideas :)

See less See more
#2 ·
The problem with having different separations like that is when the suspension cycles it will change the pinion angle a lot and can create a lot of stress on the upper mount. From what I have found try to make them as equal as possible. Hope that helps a little.

#3 ·
kinda what i was thinking but i dont have enough room to seperate the links on the frame with out the bottom one hanging down under the frame.

tha axle is a rockwell so it wont have a whole lot of travel, maybe like 12 or 14 inchs of droop and 4 or 5 of compression in the center

#6 ·
air said:
The problem with having different separations like that is when the suspension cycles it will change the pinion angle a lot and can create a lot of stress on the upper mount. From what I have found try to make them as equal as possible. Hope that helps a little.

Wrong, the diffrence in separations affects the amount of Anti-Squat/Anti-Dive..Simply put the less diference in separation the lower the AS/AD ...The difference in lengths of the upper and lower links is what affects pinion angle change......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.