Project Lo-budget Pimpin - Page 20 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Reply
 
Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #476 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Member # 102365
Location: cottonwood ca
Posts: 2,072
x2
__________________
MOLON LABE
urbanmuddboger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #477 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Member # 8108
Location: SCHUYLKILL HAVEN, PA
Posts: 6,056
:subscribed: in case there are updates. I may have a buyer for you if you start building these.

Nice work.
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

570-385-3931--shop
570-385-3932--fax

MADE IN AMERICA---and proud of it!!!

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Follow us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.




We also offer the best service and prices available on:
Advance Adapters
Clayton Offroad Suspension
Raceline beadlocks wheels
ORI struts and Radflo shocks
zachv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #478 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Member # 44628
Location: CARSON CITY,NV
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachv View Post
:subscribed: in case there are updates. I may have a buyer for you if you start building these.

Nice work.
Last I saw on his local forum he had three identical chassis going together...
__________________
Eight Seventy Fabrication
RIP Davey Kyle Halabuk
yotaphil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #479 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 84593
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 4,236
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaphil View Post
Last I saw on his local forum he had three identical chassis going together...
I know that 2 of them are sold, possibly the 3rd too.
HardcorewannabeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #480 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member # 23843
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachv View Post
:subscribed: in case there are updates. I may have a buyer for you if you start building these.

Nice work.
Since Im not a vendor I dont wanna step on anyones toes.......but the three I have coming together arent for personal use!!!

Watch for a build thread........I have a major Sponsor on board...showing off what their equipment can produce.With their support and some slight design revisions the new chassis's will be superior to the original.
__________________
THANKS TO MY SPONSORS....TFAB,TRAIL-GEAR,YUKON,TORCHMATE AND RUFFSTUFF!!!
Rock Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #481 (permalink)
Rock God
 
vanguard_anon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Member # 55997
Location: RTP, NC
Posts: 2,657
Congrats on the crawl magazine writeup.
__________________
'03 V6 5 speed taco &&
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vanguard_anon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #482 (permalink)
Registered User
 
biggreentj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member # 36852
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 2,659
Send a message via AIM to biggreentj
what kind of camera was used for those shots?
biggreentj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #483 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member # 23843
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguard_anon View Post
Congrats on the crawl magazine writeup.
Thanks,it was a much better article than the dodge truggy in Petersons......even though they were both done by the same guy I think CRAWL allowed a bunch more content!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggreentj View Post
what kind of camera was used for those shots?
Crawl article???Or my shots that I posted here???Mine is from a little Kodak 5 megapixel nothing special camera....

The crawl shots.....Im not sure but Im guessing the camera would have bought the parts for a lo-budget pimpin buggy!!!
__________________
THANKS TO MY SPONSORS....TFAB,TRAIL-GEAR,YUKON,TORCHMATE AND RUFFSTUFF!!!

Last edited by Rock Ape; 08-19-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Rock Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #484 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 84593
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 4,236
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
Thanks,it was a much better article than the dodge truggy in Petersons......even though they were both done by the same guy I think CRAWL allowed a bunch more content!!!



Crawl article???Or my shots that I posted here???Mine is from a little Kodak 5 megapixel nothing special camera....

The crawl shots.....Im not sure but Im guessing the camera would have bought the parts for a lo-budget pimpin buggy!!!
I think he was talking about Don's camera.

IIRC it was a Canon 10D body
HardcorewannabeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #485 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member # 23843
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcorewannabeXJ View Post
I think he was talking about Don's camera.

IIRC it was a Canon 10D body
Oops....Ill try to make sure I ask what kinda of camera those guys are using next time......

Hell ,I would still be using a poloriod if I could figure out how to post it on the internet!!!!
__________________
THANKS TO MY SPONSORS....TFAB,TRAIL-GEAR,YUKON,TORCHMATE AND RUFFSTUFF!!!
Rock Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #486 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Member # 29766
Posts: 3,469
Jeremy, a box of that issue is on its way to you now.

Magazine guys usually use Nikon D70, D100, D200, D2X or D2H cameras, or the Cannon equivalent. All but one staffer at CRAWL runs Nikon Pro and Pro-Sumer cameras, i.e. digital SLR bodies with Nikkor lenses.
crawlmag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #487 (permalink)
Registered User
 
biggreentj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Member # 36852
Location: Tulsa, Ok
Posts: 2,659
Send a message via AIM to biggreentj
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlmag View Post
Jeremy, a box of that issue is on its way to you now.

Magazine guys usually use Nikon D70, D100, D200, D2X or D2H cameras, or the Cannon equivalent. All but one staffer at CRAWL runs Nikon Pro and Pro-Sumer cameras, i.e. digital SLR bodies with Nikkor lenses.
right on, i just bought a canon XSI, i dont know to much about cameras, for me, it will do.

the original question was the "pics taken with bling camera"
biggreentj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #488 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Member # 56728
Location: Gardnerville NV
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
Since Im not a vendor I dont wanna step on anyones toes.......but the three I have coming together arent for personal use!!!

Watch for a build thread........I have a major Sponsor on board...showing off what their equipment can produce.With their support and some slight design revisions the new chassis's will be superior to the original.
Arent you supposed to have yellow star to sell your stuff here???

Rules is rules!!!
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Yes I'm running a Turbocharged 2.4L You can find more about it on www.Reno4x4.com
Air Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 11:58 PM   #489 (permalink)
Rock God
 
Clifcattankass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Member # 40472
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Posts: 2,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Sierra View Post
Arent you supposed to have yellow star to sell your stuff here???

Rules is rules!!!
Doesn't look like he is trying to sell anything? Just talking about what he has sold. No advertisement from what I can see
Clifcattankass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #490 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member # 23843
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Sierra View Post
Arent you supposed to have yellow star to sell your stuff here???

Rules is rules!!!
No link, no price(unlike your post....)doesnt look like Im selling anything....and if I do I wont be a cheap ass like yourself and Ill up for my yellow star!!!!

Air Sierra=.....jealous local!!!

Back on topic....by next monday I should start the build-up thread of these three new chassis!!!
__________________
THANKS TO MY SPONSORS....TFAB,TRAIL-GEAR,YUKON,TORCHMATE AND RUFFSTUFF!!!
Rock Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2008, 12:05 AM   #491 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Member # 15738
Location: Australia
Posts: 565
any updates?

any breakages?
hows the crawl ratio? low enough? or have u stalled it up and not been able to move?
if you were doin it over would you use a transaxle?

just collecting parts for my next build and havent decided if i go the transaxle route or not

Thanks
__________________
Thanks to
www.longfieldsuperaxles.com
redzook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #492 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Member # 84593
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 4,236
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
He has his two seater comp buggy down at the Hammers this weekend, I'm sure he'll answer when he gets back!
HardcorewannabeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #493 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member # 23843
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzook View Post
any updates?

any breakages?
hows the crawl ratio? low enough? or have u stalled it up and not been able to move?
if you were doin it over would you use a transaxle?

just collecting parts for my next build and havent decided if i go the transaxle route or not

Thanks
I havent found a place where it just stalled out and was bound beyond its own power....

But,I just put water in the tires and havent wheeled it yet so this may be a different story when I do.Crawl ratio is good.And since I will be building myself a "more Bling less budget" version with a bit more power I will be staying with the transaxle...just not the same one as it wont bolt to the 2.0L Honda B20.
__________________
THANKS TO MY SPONSORS....TFAB,TRAIL-GEAR,YUKON,TORCHMATE AND RUFFSTUFF!!!
Rock Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #494 (permalink)
KY Mtn Crawler
 
Shoope1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member # 9865
Location: Harlan, KY
Posts: 2,916
Send a message via ICQ to Shoope1 Send a message via AIM to Shoope1 Send a message via Yahoo to Shoope1
Rockape thanks for a great tech build up!!

Will the 2.0L Honda B20 allow you to run standard rear ends without flipping?
Will the auto setup be similer?

Power numbers and weight difference to the other motor you ran?

Hope I havent missed this somewhere else..
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Shoope1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #495 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member # 23843
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoope1 View Post
Rockape thanks for a great tech build up!!

Will the 2.0L Honda B20 allow you to run standard rear ends without flipping?
Will the auto setup be similer?

Power numbers and weight difference to the other motor you ran?

Hope I havent missed this somewhere else..
The axle orientation will be exactly the same,the only reason the rear is flipped is because I needed a drivers drop steering toyota,and those dont exist.The thirds are normal,not flipped standard rotation and will stay the same!!!

The only real changes to run the B20 are the trans is from a different model that requires more wiring and possibly having to use the OEM shifter instead of my cool butterfly go-cart one I have now.

power differences will be...

zc 129Hp 106Trq 9.6 Compression(JDM)

b20 146Hp 133Trq 9.6 Compression (99-00)

It doesnt seem like much but the torque comes at alot lower RPM....plus I am looking for a super charger for the b20 as it adds at least 75-90 hp at 5-7lbs of boost and will live with stock internals.
__________________
THANKS TO MY SPONSORS....TFAB,TRAIL-GEAR,YUKON,TORCHMATE AND RUFFSTUFF!!!
Rock Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #496 (permalink)
KY Mtn Crawler
 
Shoope1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member # 9865
Location: Harlan, KY
Posts: 2,916
Send a message via ICQ to Shoope1 Send a message via AIM to Shoope1 Send a message via Yahoo to Shoope1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
The axle orientation will be exactly the same,the only reason the rear is flipped is because I needed a drivers drop steering toyota,and those dont exist.The thirds are normal,not flipped standard rotation and will stay the same!!!

The only real changes to run the B20 are the trans is from a different model that requires more wiring and possibly having to use the OEM shifter instead of my cool butterfly go-cart one I have now.

power differences will be...

zc 129Hp 106Trq 9.6 Compression(JDM)

b20 146Hp 133Trq 9.6 Compression (99-00)

It doesnt seem like much but the torque comes at alot lower RPM....plus I am looking for a super charger for the b20 as it adds at least 75-90 hp at 5-7lbs of boost and will live with stock internals.

I like how detailed your build has been. You have explained well.
I knew you had to run a toyota on the pass. side in rear. Was just curious if the new drivetrain would be the same... and thanks for clearing that up for me. Could you tell me what models are best for the swap? I am sure you have posted but I have read all um-teen pages tonight and my vision is alittle blurry. Will this new setup be as low a craw ratio?
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Shoope1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #497 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member # 23843
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoope1 View Post
I like how detailed your build has been. You have explained well.
I knew you had to run a toyota on the pass. side in rear. Was just curious if the new drivetrain would be the same... and thanks for clearing that up for me. Could you tell me what models are best for the swap? I am sure you have posted but I have read all um-teen pages tonight and my vision is alittle blurry. Will this new setup be as low a craw ratio?
Models for the swap depends of how hard or easy you wanna make it....the current zc dohc(ZC is still a D series) is pretty easy because the trans is from an 88-91 civic sedan and has no outside controls,except the touque converter lock-up,that you can put to a switch on the dash!!!But since the zc is an imported only motor(meaning it wasnt installed in anything stateside)you pay more for it than the bigger b20(usually $650 for the zc and $500 for the b20...).

I would stay away from the h-series(accord and prelude)engines as they are alot heavier and the transmissions are also.Even the civic vtec's can be spendy and not really needed for the $$$ spent.

For the b20 swap you need a 91-95 acura integra auto to bolt to that engine,the tough part is that it comes with a TCM and it must stay(adding 20 more wires to the mix)plus it uses a gear position sensor in the shifter itself that must be retained.My current harness guy(probably the only guy in the country building stand alone harnesses for honda stuff...)is all about the b20/super charged build and will install a flashable chip in the pcm that allows injection maps and timing to be changed for boosted conditions...with a laptop!!!

And civic B or D series engine will work.....it all depends on how much power you wanna make and $$$ you wanna spend!!!


Oh nad the crawl ratio will be exactly the same if I use 5.29 axle gears......but with a 100 more Hp I might wanna see some extra top end out of this......I hear its good to have in johnson valley!!!

1994 integra trans specs:
1st gear ratio-2.722
2nd-1.468
3rd-.975
4th-.638

rev=1.954

Ring and pinion(in trans-axle)-4.357

so 2.722 x 4.357 x 5.29=62.738 crawl ratio in first gear....(really close to it is now...)
__________________
THANKS TO MY SPONSORS....TFAB,TRAIL-GEAR,YUKON,TORCHMATE AND RUFFSTUFF!!!
Rock Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #498 (permalink)
KY Mtn Crawler
 
Shoope1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member # 9865
Location: Harlan, KY
Posts: 2,916
Send a message via ICQ to Shoope1 Send a message via AIM to Shoope1 Send a message via Yahoo to Shoope1
so if I came up with the donor stuff. Would it be possible to get him to build me a stand alone harness. and you to do the diff welding?
If so you can pm me with details..

I am starting to look for donors now.. so I can get my buggy project up and running..

Thanks for all the help..
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Shoope1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #499 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Member # 23843
Location: Reno,NV
Posts: 4,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoope1 View Post
so if I came up with the donor stuff. Would it be possible to get him to build me a stand alone harness. and you to do the diff welding?
If so you can pm me with details..

I am starting to look for donors now.. so I can get my buggy project up and running..

Thanks for all the help..
Yes He does harnesses for money!!!His price will depend on what engine/trans you choose.

And I can weld the diff on any of them if ya need me to.It might be easier (once you figure out what engine you are gonna use)to have me just find a trans,weld it up and send it out to ya!!!!
__________________
THANKS TO MY SPONSORS....TFAB,TRAIL-GEAR,YUKON,TORCHMATE AND RUFFSTUFF!!!
Rock Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #500 (permalink)
KY Mtn Crawler
 
Shoope1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Member # 9865
Location: Harlan, KY
Posts: 2,916
Send a message via ICQ to Shoope1 Send a message via AIM to Shoope1 Send a message via Yahoo to Shoope1
Ok.. I'm gonna start looking for an intergra motor..

What will I end up paying for the trans used? (on your end that is)
__________________

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Shoope1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.