Project Lo-budget Pimpin - Page 20 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #476 (permalink)

Member # 102365
x2
Old 08-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #477 (permalink)

Member # 8108
:subscribed: in case there are updates. I may have a buyer for you if you start building these.

Nice work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

570-385-3931--shop
570-385-3932--fax

MADE IN AMERICA---and proud of it!!!

Like us on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on

We also offer the best service and prices available on:
Advance Adapters
Clayton Offroad Suspension
Raceline beadlocks wheels
ORI struts and Radflo shocks
zachv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2008, 02:10 PM   #478 (permalink)

Member # 44628
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachv View Post
:subscribed: in case there are updates. I may have a buyer for you if you start building these.

Nice work.
Last I saw on his local forum he had three identical chassis going together...

Old 08-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #479 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaphil View Post
Last I saw on his local forum he had three identical chassis going together...
I know that 2 of them are sold, possibly the 3rd too.
HardcorewannabeXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 09:54 AM   #480 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachv View Post

Nice work.
Since Im not a vendor I dont wanna step on anyones toes.......but the three I have coming together arent for personal use!!!

Watch for a build thread........I have a major Sponsor on board...showing off what their equipment can produce.With their support and some slight design revisions the new chassis's will be superior to the original.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:01 AM   #481 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 55997
Congrats on the crawl magazine writeup.

vanguard_anon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #482 (permalink)

Member # 36852
Send a message via AIM to biggreentj
what kind of camera was used for those shots?
biggreentj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #483 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguard_anon View Post
Congrats on the crawl magazine writeup.
Thanks,it was a much better article than the dodge truggy in Petersons......even though they were both done by the same guy I think CRAWL allowed a bunch more content!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggreentj View Post
what kind of camera was used for those shots?
Crawl article???Or my shots that I posted here???Mine is from a little Kodak 5 megapixel nothing special camera....

The crawl shots.....Im not sure but Im guessing the camera would have bought the parts for a lo-budget pimpin buggy!!!

Last edited by Rock Ape; 08-19-2008 at 11:50 AM.
Rock Ape is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #484 (permalink)

Member # 84593
Send a message via AIM to HardcorewannabeXJ Send a message via MSN to HardcorewannabeXJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Ape View Post
Thanks,it was a much better article than the dodge truggy in Petersons......even though they were both done by the same guy I think CRAWL allowed a bunch more content!!!

Crawl article???Or my shots that I posted here???Mine is from a little Kodak 5 megapixel nothing special camera....

The crawl shots.....Im not sure but Im guessing the camera would have bought the parts for a lo-budget pimpin buggy!!!
I think he was talking about Don's camera.

IIRC it was a Canon 10D body
Old 08-19-2008, 12:14 PM   #485 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcorewannabeXJ View Post
I think he was talking about Don's camera.

IIRC it was a Canon 10D body
Oops....Ill try to make sure I ask what kinda of camera those guys are using next time......

Hell ,I would still be using a poloriod if I could figure out how to post it on the internet!!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:32 PM   #486 (permalink)

Member # 29766
Jeremy, a box of that issue is on its way to you now.

Magazine guys usually use Nikon D70, D100, D200, D2X or D2H cameras, or the Cannon equivalent. All but one staffer at CRAWL runs Nikon Pro and Pro-Sumer cameras, i.e. digital SLR bodies with Nikkor lenses.
crawlmag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #487 (permalink)

Member # 36852
Send a message via AIM to biggreentj
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlmag View Post
Jeremy, a box of that issue is on its way to you now.

Magazine guys usually use Nikon D70, D100, D200, D2X or D2H cameras, or the Cannon equivalent. All but one staffer at CRAWL runs Nikon Pro and Pro-Sumer cameras, i.e. digital SLR bodies with Nikkor lenses.
right on, i just bought a canon XSI, i dont know to much about cameras, for me, it will do.

the original question was the "pics taken with bling camera"
biggreentj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 11:17 PM   #488 (permalink)

Member # 56728
Quote:
Since Im not a vendor I dont wanna step on anyones toes.......but the three I have coming together arent for personal use!!!

Watch for a build thread........I have a major Sponsor on board...showing off what their equipment can produce.With their support and some slight design revisions the new chassis's will be superior to the original.
Arent you supposed to have yellow star to sell your stuff here???

Rules is rules!!!

Yes I'm running a Turbocharged 2.4L You can find more about it on www.Reno4x4.com
Air Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2008, 11:58 PM   #489 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 40472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Sierra View Post

Rules is rules!!!
Doesn't look like he is trying to sell anything? Just talking about what he has sold. No advertisement from what I can see
Clifcattankass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2008, 10:45 AM   #490 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Sierra View Post

Rules is rules!!!
No link, no price(unlike your post....)doesnt look like Im selling anything....and if I do I wont be a cheap ass like yourself and Ill up for my yellow star!!!!

Air Sierra=.....jealous local!!!

Back on topic....by next monday I should start the build-up thread of these three new chassis!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:05 AM   #491 (permalink)

Member # 15738
any updates?

any breakages?
hows the crawl ratio? low enough? or have u stalled it up and not been able to move?
if you were doin it over would you use a transaxle?

just collecting parts for my next build and havent decided if i go the transaxle route or not

Thanks
Old 10-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #492 (permalink)

Member # 84593
He has his two seater comp buggy down at the Hammers this weekend, I'm sure he'll answer when he gets back!
Old 10-25-2008, 08:12 PM   #493 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
Originally Posted by redzook View Post
any updates?

any breakages?
hows the crawl ratio? low enough? or have u stalled it up and not been able to move?
if you were doin it over would you use a transaxle?

just collecting parts for my next build and havent decided if i go the transaxle route or not

Thanks
I havent found a place where it just stalled out and was bound beyond its own power....

But,I just put water in the tires and havent wheeled it yet so this may be a different story when I do.Crawl ratio is good.And since I will be building myself a "more Bling less budget" version with a bit more power I will be staying with the transaxle...just not the same one as it wont bolt to the 2.0L Honda B20.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #494 (permalink)
KY Mtn Crawler

Member # 9865
Send a message via ICQ to Shoope1 Send a message via AIM to Shoope1 Send a message via Yahoo to Shoope1
Rockape thanks for a great tech build up!!

Will the 2.0L Honda B20 allow you to run standard rear ends without flipping?
Will the auto setup be similer?

Power numbers and weight difference to the other motor you ran?

Hope I havent missed this somewhere else..

Shoope1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #495 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoope1 View Post
Rockape thanks for a great tech build up!!

Will the 2.0L Honda B20 allow you to run standard rear ends without flipping?
Will the auto setup be similer?

Power numbers and weight difference to the other motor you ran?

Hope I havent missed this somewhere else..
The axle orientation will be exactly the same,the only reason the rear is flipped is because I needed a drivers drop steering toyota,and those dont exist.The thirds are normal,not flipped standard rotation and will stay the same!!!

The only real changes to run the B20 are the trans is from a different model that requires more wiring and possibly having to use the OEM shifter instead of my cool butterfly go-cart one I have now.

power differences will be...

zc 129Hp 106Trq 9.6 Compression(JDM)

b20 146Hp 133Trq 9.6 Compression (99-00)

It doesnt seem like much but the torque comes at alot lower RPM....plus I am looking for a super charger for the b20 as it adds at least 75-90 hp at 5-7lbs of boost and will live with stock internals.
Old 11-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #496 (permalink)
KY Mtn Crawler

Member # 9865
Send a message via ICQ to Shoope1 Send a message via AIM to Shoope1 Send a message via Yahoo to Shoope1
Quote:
The axle orientation will be exactly the same,the only reason the rear is flipped is because I needed a drivers drop steering toyota,and those dont exist.The thirds are normal,not flipped standard rotation and will stay the same!!!

The only real changes to run the B20 are the trans is from a different model that requires more wiring and possibly having to use the OEM shifter instead of my cool butterfly go-cart one I have now.

power differences will be...

zc 129Hp 106Trq 9.6 Compression(JDM)

b20 146Hp 133Trq 9.6 Compression (99-00)

It doesnt seem like much but the torque comes at alot lower RPM....plus I am looking for a super charger for the b20 as it adds at least 75-90 hp at 5-7lbs of boost and will live with stock internals.

I like how detailed your build has been. You have explained well.
I knew you had to run a toyota on the pass. side in rear. Was just curious if the new drivetrain would be the same... and thanks for clearing that up for me. Could you tell me what models are best for the swap? I am sure you have posted but I have read all um-teen pages tonight and my vision is alittle blurry. Will this new setup be as low a craw ratio?

Old 11-03-2008, 09:33 AM   #497 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
I like how detailed your build has been. You have explained well.
I knew you had to run a toyota on the pass. side in rear. Was just curious if the new drivetrain would be the same... and thanks for clearing that up for me. Could you tell me what models are best for the swap? I am sure you have posted but I have read all um-teen pages tonight and my vision is alittle blurry. Will this new setup be as low a craw ratio?
Models for the swap depends of how hard or easy you wanna make it....the current zc dohc(ZC is still a D series) is pretty easy because the trans is from an 88-91 civic sedan and has no outside controls,except the touque converter lock-up,that you can put to a switch on the dash!!!But since the zc is an imported only motor(meaning it wasnt installed in anything stateside)you pay more for it than the bigger b20(usually $650 for the zc and $500 for the b20...).

I would stay away from the h-series(accord and prelude)engines as they are alot heavier and the transmissions are also.Even the civic vtec's can be spendy and not really needed for the $$$ spent.

For the b20 swap you need a 91-95 acura integra auto to bolt to that engine,the tough part is that it comes with a TCM and it must stay(adding 20 more wires to the mix)plus it uses a gear position sensor in the shifter itself that must be retained.My current harness guy(probably the only guy in the country building stand alone harnesses for honda stuff...)is all about the b20/super charged build and will install a flashable chip in the pcm that allows injection maps and timing to be changed for boosted conditions...with a laptop!!!

And civic B or D series engine will work.....it all depends on how much power you wanna make and $$$ you wanna spend!!!

Oh nad the crawl ratio will be exactly the same if I use 5.29 axle gears......but with a 100 more Hp I might wanna see some extra top end out of this......I hear its good to have in johnson valley!!!

1994 integra trans specs:
1st gear ratio-2.722
2nd-1.468
3rd-.975
4th-.638

rev=1.954

Ring and pinion(in trans-axle)-4.357

so 2.722 x 4.357 x 5.29=62.738 crawl ratio in first gear....(really close to it is now...)
Old 11-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #498 (permalink)
KY Mtn Crawler

Member # 9865
so if I came up with the donor stuff. Would it be possible to get him to build me a stand alone harness. and you to do the diff welding?
If so you can pm me with details..

I am starting to look for donors now.. so I can get my buggy project up and running..

Thanks for all the help..

Old 11-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #499 (permalink)

Member # 23843
Quote:
so if I came up with the donor stuff. Would it be possible to get him to build me a stand alone harness. and you to do the diff welding?
If so you can pm me with details..

I am starting to look for donors now.. so I can get my buggy project up and running..

Thanks for all the help..
Yes He does harnesses for money!!!His price will depend on what engine/trans you choose.

And I can weld the diff on any of them if ya need me to.It might be easier (once you figure out what engine you are gonna use)to have me just find a trans,weld it up and send it out to ya!!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #500 (permalink)
KY Mtn Crawler

Member # 9865
Ok.. I'm gonna start looking for an intergra motor..

What will I end up paying for the trans used? (on your end that is)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in