What happened to willyswanter? Is it true? - Page 14 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 08:23 AM   #326 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 24704
I was just checking out the pictures of the plaque you guys put up for him.

This place really has never been the same without Jason's input.
Tim84K10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #327 (permalink)

Member # 99431
Original Post

GoNDown has offered to make another run of Willyswanter Shirts that will cost $12 each for sizes S through XL and $14 for 2XL. To order shirts email Ray at [email protected] and if you missed seeing them; go to https://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616167.

Posted by GoNDown

I’m waiting to get a minimum of 12 pre-orders. I’ve had several people inquire about the shirts, but no one has pre-ordered.
I told ken I needed at least 12 pre-orders before I could order any shirts.

If you would like to pre-order my PayPal address is [email protected]
the shirts will be available in small-2XL & will be $17 each shipped.
If you send PayPal please put a description on your order (lei. Jason Payne shirt, size ???)
& your complete name & mailing address.

If I don't get 12 orders I’ll refund your money.

LMK,
Ray

Update

We are now short 4 shirts, so get your orders in soon!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #328 (permalink)

Member # 99431
OK, here is the latest happening as far as Jason:

Debbie and I were driving to Pismo Beach for Thanksgiving and as we came out of the mountains towards Hwy. 101 we lost the radio station we were listening to. I selected another station and on the radio a young man was talking about his friend that had passed “way to young” and then the lady disc jockey said; “Yes, I’ll be happy to play your request for your friend Jason” and she started playing Kenny Chesney’s “Who You’d Be Today”. Debbie was asleep and immediately woke up and said “Their playing Jason’s song from Geoff’s video”. We both listened to the song and then Debbie went back to sleep and I wiped my eyes. Then the lady disc jockey said, “Thank you for listening to the Leah show” and I laughed to myself. I know it was in no way related to our Jason but it was really strange with a young man named Jason passing “way to young” and then the Kenny Chesney song that is on many on Jason’s memorial sites and then the host being Leah. Just prior to changing the station I had been thinking a lot about Jason and how much he like Pismo and how I needed to order the parts to repair J’s Truggy and one of the primary people I needed to contact was Leah at Poly Performance. It just seems like a small world once again, or maybe a big coincidence or what, I don’t know?

Old 11-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #329 (permalink)

Member # 67642
Truth is what you believe. And I believe that song was for Jason. It's always hard around the Holidays, I know, but my thoughts and prayers are still with you and the family and friends.

RIP
Old 12-08-2008, 11:29 PM   #330 (permalink)

Member # 99431
Many of you have read the posts about what happened to Jason and the completion of his last build. One of Jason’s friends and the guy that provided all the Russell hose and fittings for Willyswanter’s Truggy was seriously injured this weekend and needs our prayers and letters of encouragement. It is my understanding that Fred Williams is there with him and both Fred and Kristen are reading the posts to him from his thread listed below.

Posted by Fred Williams:
Many of you know Frank Alioto, Frank the Tank, Beat95YJ here on the board. He's usually on a ton of different boards, posting about various wheeling stuff and trying to help everyone he can. (and harassing those that needs some harassment). Well Frank needs our help. This past weekend Frank was in Mexico getting married. He and his new bride Kristen and a bunch of their family and friends were having a grand old time at the reception when tragedy struck. Frank broke his neck while diving in a swimming pool. Yes the very same day he got married. He was air lifted back to a hospital in San Diego, and is going in for surgery on his neck in the next hour or two. Frank is one of my best friends, he's a smart engineer, a great guy, and has been there for me a bunch of times. He's a true champion and all around nice guy. I'm not sure what you're into, but do me a favor, cross your fingers, say a prayer, burn some incense, pour some malt liquor in the dirt, sacrifice a goat, do whatever you think will work, just help me wish Frank a strong recovery. This is the type of thing that will help him get through it. Frank is sitting in a hospital and his new wife is there beside him. She'll most likely be reading all the posts to him so post up. I need your help guys, Frank is my friend and I want to go wheeling with him again soon.

They don't accept flowers, so please send him cards.

Frank Alioto c/o
Sharp Memorial
SICU 300 bed 10.
7901 Frost St.
San Diego, CA 92123

Also, post your thoughts and best wishes to Frank on his thread: https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740000
Old 06-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #331 (permalink)

Member # 99431
Jason's Plaque has been added to his memorial site: www.jasonpaynememorial.com
Old 07-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #332 (permalink)

Member # 99431
Something new: http://www.youtube.com/user/JasonPayneMemorial
Old 12-24-2009, 08:59 PM   #333 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
I miss you Jason. You will be with me in JV over new years. I hope you are smiling down on us.

Frank

Companies helping me get dirty:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2009, 09:03 PM   #334 (permalink)
Rolling Mod

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyswanter's Dad View Post
Many of you have read the posts about what happened to Jason and the completion of his last build. One of Jason’s friends and the guy that provided all the Russell hose and fittings for Willyswanter’s Truggy was seriously injured this weekend and needs our prayers and letters of encouragement. It is my understanding that Fred Williams is there with him and both Fred and Kristen are reading the posts to him from his thread listed below.

Posted by Fred Williams:
Many of you know Frank Alioto, Frank the Tank, Beat95YJ here on the board. He's usually on a ton of different boards, posting about various wheeling stuff and trying to help everyone he can. (and harassing those that needs some harassment). Well Frank needs our help. This past weekend Frank was in Mexico getting married. He and his new bride Kristen and a bunch of their family and friends were having a grand old time at the reception when tragedy struck. Frank broke his neck while diving in a swimming pool. Yes the very same day he got married. He was air lifted back to a hospital in San Diego, and is going in for surgery on his neck in the next hour or two. Frank is one of my best friends, he's a smart engineer, a great guy, and has been there for me a bunch of times. He's a true champion and all around nice guy. I'm not sure what you're into, but do me a favor, cross your fingers, say a prayer, burn some incense, pour some malt liquor in the dirt, sacrifice a goat, do whatever you think will work, just help me wish Frank a strong recovery. This is the type of thing that will help him get through it. Frank is sitting in a hospital and his new wife is there beside him. She'll most likely be reading all the posts to him so post up. I need your help guys, Frank is my friend and I want to go wheeling with him again soon.

They don't accept flowers, so please send him cards.

Frank Alioto c/o
Sharp Memorial
SICU 300 bed 10.
7901 Frost St.
San Diego, CA 92123

Also, post your thoughts and best wishes to Frank on his thread: https://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740000
I never saw this until now. Thank you Ken. I would show KT but she would just cry, like I am.

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #335 (permalink)

Member # 99431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
I miss you Jason. You will be with me in JV over new years. I hope you are smiling down on us.

Frank
Frank; I'm sure J will be there for you like you was there for me. Have a great time and wish I could be there with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
I never saw this until now. Thank you Ken. I would show KT but she would just cry, like I am.
Frank it was my pleasure; I just wish I could have done more. You and Kristen are such an inspiration to me and so many others that all I can say is that you’re the type of guy I want to be when I grow up.

I can’t wait until we can wheel together; I know Jason would have been there whenever you wanted. I read on another site just this last week what one of J’s wheeling friends said:

“Fred (Williams) and I (jays68yak) were talking about you guys the other night. You know Jason would leave at like 2 am, sleep on the side of the road half way up here, show up 10 mins after we get to Hollister with wafers and root beer in hand saying " lets wheel" with a big ole smile on his face.”

Proud member of
Old 08-20-2010, 10:40 AM   #336 (permalink)

Member # 99431
There are two guys from Nashville discussing possibly writing a song about Willyswanter/Crewcabroller. This has been quietly in the works for a long time and is far from set but we're being asked to provide as many stories about Jason as we can from as many people as we can. It will be a song in the style of Mud on the Tires or Find Out Who Your Friends Are. It will be a country song about a good guy that loved rock crawling combined with a story about rock crawling in general. It would be like asking each person to describe Jason and tell their favorite story involving him. These are to be stories about wheeling, manufacturing, etc. as well as things he said and/or did of any kind (funny, strange, helpful, etc.). We need to provide list of all manufacturer names of parts on his truck, list of items he manufactured, talents and short comings, dreams, clubs, events and trails he's been on or involved in.

So, we need your help contacting everyone from all websites, clubs, etc. he wheeled with or interacted with over the years on all the sites and trail runs to help with all the above and anything else they can think of. What the writer will do is condense stories into 1 liners within the song and use words such as trail names or names of parts to mix through the song so that "rock crawlers will recognize them and others will want to know more about them".

You can either post here or send your stories to [email protected]
Old 04-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #337 (permalink)

Member # 51571
Bringing this one up, its has been awhile but as I passed by Jason's plauqe I stopped by to pay my respects. RIP.
Attached Images

UCTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #338 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 127840
Jason is in our hearts and minds daily here at the shop.
Good to see the Moab memorial still holding strong. I hope the Rubicon one is fairing as well!

Follow us on

Pacific Fabrication is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #339 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 22748
miss that guy

R.I.P. Jason

GREAT SPIRITS HAVE ALWAYS ENCOUNTERED VIOLENT OPPOSITION FROM MEDIOCRE MINDS
-ALBERT EINSTEIN-
#472tellico rally

[/URL][/COLOR]KJ6IYH
surpip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #340 (permalink)

Member # 99431
Willyswanter’s Bro and I plan on being at Blazer Bash 2013 in Moab September 26th through 29th joining Willyswanter’s friends and handing out the Jason Payne Innovative Truck Trophy. I would hope lots of the guys on Pirate will join us, we will be visiting Gold Bar Rim where Jason’s ashes were spread and where his Moab plaque is; BlazerBash.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in