What happened to willyswanter? Is it true? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2007, 06:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Send a message via AIM to Big91RustyBucket
RIP Willyswanter :(

This was posted in willyswanter's thread. I was wondering if this is a sick joke or somebody knows what is up. His truck was sweet and he did awesome fab work. If this is true the 4x4 community is losing alot of great minds this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4HIGH View Post
I am very sorry to say that there was a tragic accident today/tonight (8/23/07) on the Rubicon run that ended Jasons life. This is 2 wheeling brothers in less than 2 weeks. RIP Jason.

Quote:
You've inspired me to start a build thread of my own.......... all the pictures will be upside down to reflect my driving style!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

89 S10 Truggy

Last edited by Big91RustyBucket; 08-24-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Big91RustyBucket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 06:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Ok I was just informed this link. I think this is the same guy who posted before.

http://www.norcalbigdawgs.net/phpBB2...t=11385#104755

Quote:
You've inspired me to start a build thread of my own.......... all the pictures will be upside down to reflect my driving style!

89 S10 Truggy
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2007, 06:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 3007
Man this is sad to hear yet again. I feel for the family and friends
Bones is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 06:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 14059
Post up some info man, this is fucking tragic

Wheeling world has truly lost some of the greatest this year
Old 08-24-2007, 06:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myanarchy View Post
Post up some info man, this is fucking tragic

Wheeling world has truly lost some of the greatest this year

No shit. I posted here as I thought more would see it that had some info. I haven't found anything else besides the norcalbigdawgs thread.

All I can say is his last activity here was Aug 22
And on ColoradoK5 it was Aug 21st.
Seems like he would of been on here if this was a joke which i doubt it is .

Quote:

89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-24-2007, 06:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
This was just posted on ColoradoK5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg72
I'm afraid that it's going to turn out to be true...

I am waiting on a call from Scott (4x4HIGH) to get more details...apparently he was the one that got the call from the police late that night. His number was in Jason's cell phone list, so he got the call.

Jason was up at the Rubicon with a few other NorCal club members (Ryan, Kevin, etc). There is no word on the NCBD site from any of them yet. If it's true, they are probably very busy trying to figure out how to deal with Jason's truck/trailer and offroad rig and how to get it back to Bakersfield.

I can't even imagine being in that situation, especially since this Rubicon trip was supposed to be a memorial trip to remember Noel who we just lost from our club less than 2 weeks ago.

Quote:

89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-24-2007, 07:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 47848
Its the same Willyswanter from here (goes by Willyswanter and Crewcabroller) and he went to the Rubicon. His truck wasn't finished so he threw a radiator in his other truck and drove up. I think he was riding with Kyle (bggrnchevy) on the trail. Jason was going to be filming (Desolate Canyon Productions).

1999 4Runner
4x4mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 07:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
Its the same Willyswanter from here (goes by Willyswanter and Crewcabroller) and he went to the Rubicon. His truck wasn't finished so he threw a radiator in his other truck and drove up. I think he was riding with Kyle (bggrnchevy) on the trail. Jason was going to be filming (Desolate Canyon Productions).
Yeah it is the same guy. But read all the info posted.

Quote:

89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-24-2007, 07:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
thhhpptthh!

Member # 10798
Send a message via AIM to sceep Send a message via MSN to sceep
holy shit.

one of the greats has passed.

RIP man, thank you for all your help and inspiration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDA forest service website
It is every American's birthright to use the national forests and grasslands in multiple ways, including outdoor recreation in all its forms.

Last edited by sceep; 08-24-2007 at 07:38 AM.
sceep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 07:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 57031
Dont even really know what to say. far too many people have been taken this year. Our thoughts/prayers are with you. Never met him in person but you follow a guys build or read enough of his posts and you feal like you know him.
poorboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 07:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Wheeling 24/7

Member # 22176
This is horrible.

I had a chance to wheel with Jason this year and he was a geniunely nice person. He will be missed.

One of the other threads said that he drowned. Is this true? Either way it sucks.

Another thread:
http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214753

Companies helping me get dirty:

& Blaine

:tank:

Last edited by Beat95YJ; 08-24-2007 at 07:41 AM.
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 07:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 24950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big91RustyBucket View Post
Ok I was just informed this link. I think this is the same guy who posted before.

http://www.norcalbigdawgs.net/phpBB2...t=11385#104755
What a shame.I had a chance to wheel with Jason earlier this year and he seemed like a really cool guy.RIP
Butler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 07:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4HIGH View Post
I'm sorry to say but it is very true.

I got a call from the Eldorado County Sheriffs office last night telling me that Jason Payne had drowned on the Rubicon. They were looking for his parents phone number and thought since they found my name and number on him that i may have had it. That's all the info i have at the moment. I'll updat if i hear anything more.
Here is what was said for the lazy.

Quote:

89 S10 Truggy
Old 08-24-2007, 07:59 AM   #14 (permalink)
TEX

Member # 603

Thanks to:

Extreme Performance

Bear Creek Auto Recyclers

TEX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 08:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 3088
Fuck no.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 45211
Send a message via AIM to Code3Response
Oh man..... dont know what to say. He was such a great guy. Ive got BigGrnChevys cell number if anyone needs to get ahold of him for any reason if thats who he was riding with. PM me.

RIP Jason, you will be missed
Code3Response is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 08:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
WWDD?

Member # 12133
Send a message via AIM to Sluice Sally
Condolences sent to family and friends

RIP Jason

"Chicks Dig Band-Aids"
Sluice Sally is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 08:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 5110
RIP Very sad. As a fellow Big Dawg I had wheeled with Jason a few times (Noel I only met once). I don't even know what to say
Old 08-24-2007, 08:09 AM   #19 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 6156
rip

69 Bronco
04 Yukon Denali (beater)
18 Ram 2500
16 4Runner Trail
15 Can Am Commander XT-P
indulf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 08:11 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 4033
Does anyone know what they were driving? I have a horrible sinking feeling that was who we met and watched wheel a bit yesterday when up there.

Last edited by ChevyGal; 08-24-2007 at 08:11 AM.
ChevyGal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 2800
RIP, Never met him in person but he seemed like a great person on the board.

Does anyone know where to get a more solid story here? It would be respectfull to those who are suffering a loss to not have rumors flying from people twisting a story they dont know.(im not accusing anyone, but we all know how this goes once someonw presents half a story)

Ian Plaine
Old 08-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 45292
If he was riding with Kyle, his truck is an OBS 97-98 extended cab green chevy with a SAS and a canback over the bed.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:16 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 10700
Send a message via AIM to Co Pilot Send a message via Yahoo to Co Pilot

ugh... RIP.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 45211
Send a message via AIM to Code3Response
Someone in another thread said he might of been ridin in Kyles (BggrnChvy) truck... a green OBS Chevy with SFA and canback, bumpers, etc. I think on 38 Krawlers.

Jasons truck was the OBS Chevy crew cab on 42s and Mogs, etc etc, but I think someone had said that it was down and so he either threw a radiator in something else and took it, or was riding with Kyle.

I dont know much about hte Con... how do you drown? Are there areas by trails you could roll off and end in a lake/river, etc? Or does this seem like it was after wheeling and they were out swimming or something?

Last edited by Code3Response; 08-24-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Code3Response is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 08:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 87635
Here is the latest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg72
A quick clarification and some additional info:

Jason's rig wasn't completed yet, so he'd just driven up in his regular truck and was riding shotgun with the guys, shooting video, etc.

According to the sheriff, they were at least a full-days drive into the trail, and Jason was airlifted out... not driven out. I'm not sure what sort of cell phone coverage exists on the 'Con.... but my guess is that it's pretty weak. That probably explains why nobody has heard much from the other guys that were with him on the trail.

My suspicion is that the rest of the folks have turned around and are trying to get back off the trail. At that point, they should be able to make phone calls and help us understand how this happened.

Not knowing is the hardest part.... I wish I had more information to share, but that's all I have so far. Scott (4X4HIGH) was up half the night answering phone calls from the police and even the assocation that does the organ donation program. Apparently Jason was a "donor". I'm not surprised...he was always a generous person... Even in death, he wanted to give something back.

I know that the police are still trying to locate Jason's parents...so if anyone knows how to reach them, they should contact the El Dorado Sherrifs Department immediately. At this point, I don't think Jason's parents even realize anything has happened.

Quote:

89 S10 Truggy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in