pics from skyjacker rocks West Virginia - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2002, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 10982
pics from skyjacker rocks West Virginia

http://groups.msn.com/zookin/skyjacker.msnw?Page=1

mines the yellow zuk
rockzooki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2002, 02:49 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 3997
Where in WV is this I live close to Morgantown???
Is this place open all the time? Pay to Play? What is the land issues???
Could we bring our club to check it out???
Is this the hardest around???
Old 07-01-2002, 04:35 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 3445
i passed about 12 rigs on 19 south near summerville on friday morning. how much further is it from there ? theres nothing worse than seeing people going wheeling when your working

Old 07-01-2002, 07:34 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 1930
The trails are about 45 min from Rt. 19.

Yes its some of teh hardest stuff around. Maybe some of the WV clubs can get together for a run later this summer.

We have some stuff that even the guys with 39.5 boggers were winching through. As far as i know there are two obstacles that no one this weekend ran without winching. There were tons of kick ass rigs too, D60's, healthy V8's, 39's, etc....

Everyone had a great time, i will post pics this evening.
YJ4RoX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2002, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 3013
Rockzooki, I didn't realize you where a Pirate, should have though, you wheeled like one.
I was the guy spotting for the green TJ w/ RE long arm & Swampers.
Todd and I had a blast Sunday wheeling with you guys, too bad we had to leave early. You get that dude in the blue Willies fixed up?
We'll be back down with the wives as soon as the schedules allow, now that I know who to hook up with.
That trail guide with the white Sammy really pissed us off Saturday. Nuff said.
I BS'ed with Rocky (rockyj) but sorry I missed you other guys that where there, next time for sure.

94 YJ. 5.0 HO, NP435, NP-203 W/3.2:1/NP-205 WMS doubler, Bilstein/Alcan suspension, 104" WB.
60's front and rear.
doctor_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2002, 10:09 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 1930
Doctor_g, sorry i didnt get to meet you guys. Rocky was (rockyYJ)? I didnt know that. Doesnt he own Essentially offroad. I didnt get to meet enough people this weekend. I hope you guys come back. We found a new trail yesterday that kicks ass.

Rokzooki(marv) definately Gets IT!

Buy next summer we should have a ton of level 4-5 trails in that place. It just sucks its so far from any good campsites like Songer.

Hope you guys had fun!
Old 07-01-2002, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 8228
Send a message via AIM to broncorob
Looks like an interesting place. I do alot of rock climbing in the gorge area. Is it public land? How do we get access? Can you be more specific on the directions?
Old 07-01-2002, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 3013
Quote:
Originally posted by YJ4RoX
Doctor_g, sorry i didnt get to meet you guys. Rocky was (rockyYJ)? I didnt know that. Doesnt he own Essentially offroad. I didnt get to meet enough people this weekend. I hope you guys come back. We found a new trail yesterday that kicks ass.

Rokzooki(marv) definately Gets IT!

Buy next summer we should have a ton of level 4-5 trails in that place. It just sucks its so far from any good campsites like Songer.

Hope you guys had fun!
Where you camped at Songer? What where you driving?
Yeah, Rocky owns Essentially Offroad. Great guy. I recognized him from EROC's last weekend in TN.
We plan on coming back, Sunday was alot of fun.
I heard that you guys might be planning a trip to Paragon later this summer? Let me know, we'll be there.

94 YJ. 5.0 HO, NP435, NP-203 W/3.2:1/NP-205 WMS doubler, Bilstein/Alcan suspension, 104" WB.
60's front and rear.

Last edited by doctor_G; 07-01-2002 at 11:37 AM.
doctor_G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2002, 11:36 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 1930
OK guys. The trails are on private land that our club. Mountaineer Offroad has access to. Rokzooki is president & I am the vice pres. If some of you guy's clubs would like to set up a run feel free to email me or Marvin. I am sure we can work somethign out. We have only been clearing trails in this particular area for about 3 months. If you guys give us until next year it will be a major trail system if the land owners allow that.

The trails are close to a little town called Swiss. I believe its in Nicolas county about 15 minutes from Gauley Bridge. We actually have a trail that runs down to the gauley river. At this point the only access the general public has to the trails are through the organized trail rides. SKyjacker rocks WV or the West Virginia Childrens charity Jamboree(This July4-7), I am going back in two days. If your club is interesting in settin up a private run feel free to contact me or Marvin. Thanks
Old 07-01-2002, 11:50 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 1930
Quote:
Where you camped at Songer? What where you driving?
I wish i would have known that was Rocky, i bought my cage from them. I was at Songer we were in Cabin 1 next door to Marvin. We are going to try to get to Paragon this year depending on the $$ issues.

I had the red YJ with Fugly silver stripes on the hood and 36 tsl's.

Man i wish i knew there was that many people from PBB there, we could have had an all PBB run. Maybe next year. Sean, the guy from SPorts in the Rough rode with me yesterday, he said they will defiantely have the event again next year.

I am glad to hear most people had a good time, we worked our asses off on making the few trails we had. I am glad the worked paid off. I am just sorry there wasnt more hard stuff. It will be better next year.
Old 07-01-2002, 09:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 10643
Who's going to be back this weekend for the WV Charity ride? I was there last year and had a blast so I am coming back this year again. I am driving in Wednesday night, doing some rafting on Thursday, and running trails on Friday and Saturday.

Here's a pic of my rig:

It isn't nearly that shiny anymore, and it now says www.trailkeepers.org on the window. Oh, and all of the tire shine has just about worn off.

Tim

PS Let me help get the flames started....

"Damn, look at the monster flex!"
"That Jeep belongs on JU."
"How does that handle the speed bumps at the mall?"
"Where's your surfboard, dude?"
TrailKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2002, 10:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 4321
Send a message via ICQ to DEnd Send a message via AIM to DEnd Send a message via MSN to DEnd Send a message via Yahoo to DEnd
TrailKeeper why you got a pic of my jeep? oh wait thats only in my dreams

here's a pic of mine actually on the trails.... ok ok I mean slightly unpaved roads.....
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2002, 12:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 2386
Yeah I was there. I was with some friends didnt have my Jeep. I was w/ a tan TJ on 38's and red CJ7 w/ 36's. We had a red SuperDuty w/ 30' trailer and RV.
We had a pretty good time. I think there is rougher stuff there than what we got to ride. I got to meet some guys I have done business with for years. That was cool. We will get back over there again in a smaller group and do some good ridin'! We got to see a yellow Zuki roll down a hill after the driver bailed. He's FAWKIN NUTS!!! I cant believe the guy bailed when it started to roll. I am glad he is fine, but he aint right upstairs.
YJ4ROX, sorry I dint get to meet you...we'll be back. Rocky
RockYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2002, 06:49 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 1930
Hey Tim I am glad you can make it to the Charity ride. We will be up there Wed night as well.

Be glad that pic doesnt show your purple interior or the flames would really fly.

Rocky, there is definately harder stuff out there. We will get some nasty trails cut for the guys that want to break everything. I heard about the Tan TJ with you shreading his rear corner in the Rock Garden. As for marv(yellow zuki) yes he is one crazy fawker. We ride with him every chance we get. Hope you guys come back sometime

here are the few pics i took, i was usually to busy pulling winch cable to snap pics.

http://groups.msn.com/CVC/skyjacker2002.msnw?Page=1
Old 07-02-2002, 07:19 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 7287
Quote:

Man i wish i knew there was that many people from PBB there, we could have had an all PBB run. Maybe next year. Sean, the guy from SPorts in the Rough rode with me yesterday, he said they will defiantely have the event again next year.
Count me in
Old 07-02-2002, 09:59 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 10643
Quote:
Hey Tim I am glad you can make it to the Charity ride. We will be up there Wed night as well.

Be glad that pic doesnt show your purple interior or the flames would really fly.

Luckily, that pic was from before I had the purple bedliner sprayed in it.
TrailKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2002, 11:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 10982
ok guys, im the crazy fawker that bailed in the yellow zuk, no way was i going to ride that one out, lol. as for access, right now, its only through our club, its off rt 39, near swiss, WV. feel free to e mail me to set up a private run. theree are some harder trails there, we just werent able to get them ready for the event. ill be up thursday morning(maybe wednsday night). still got some repairs to do after the multiple roll, lol. any one has and more ?s shoot me a line at
[email protected]
Old 07-02-2002, 11:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 10982
Quote:
Originally posted by doctor_G
Rockzooki, I didn't realize you where a Pirate, should have though, you wheeled like one.
I was the guy spotting for the green TJ w/ RE long arm & Swampers.
Todd and I had a blast Sunday wheeling with you guys, too bad we had to leave early. You get that dude in the blue Willies fixed up?
We'll be back down with the wives as soon as the schedules allow, now that I know who to hook up with.
That trail guide with the white Sammy really pissed us off Saturday. Nuff said.
I BS'ed with Rocky (rockyj) but sorry I missed you other guys that where there, next time for sure.
whats up?? ive almost got her fixed from the roll, swapped front housings sat night, and removed the targa bar. still gotta put on new shock mounts and weld the perches a little better and shell be ready to go again. hope to wheel again with you guys soon. the blue willys had a broke stub shaft, we didnt fix it on the trails, his spare was at camp. hell he still did the rest of the left creek in 3 wheel drive. you think im nuts, you should see this guy on a good day, fawking idiot!!!! soory i didnt get to have a with ya, i had enough at my own camp, lol.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in