moab after ejs - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 14780
moab after ejs

looks like we'll be in moab the week after EJS. how busy is it typically? Weather?
Never wheeled out west and looking for a little info. thanks.

new buggy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

save tellico post #830
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Moderating Midget

Member # 1154
Send a message via AIM to wngrog
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35xj View Post
looks like we'll be in moab the week after EJS. how busy is it typically? Weather?
Never wheeled out west and looking for a little info. thanks.
That is usually when the Cruiser event is that I have been to 3-4 times. The weather is awesome, but you can have rain or snow in a blink of an eye.

Great time of the year to go.....
1984 FJ-60
2013 RZR-XP4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USAF Veteran 1988-1998 GOD Bless America
wngrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 27712
I'll be heading out on March 23. I know the weather can be a little unpredictable, but i don't expect too much left over EJS crowd. I have heard that there are two comps planned in the area for that time frame, but again, I don't think we'll see too much crowding.

This will be my first time to the are so I'm looking forward to it...
rsqne1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 26472
EJS is early this year. Weather is very unpredictable in March. The last time I was there for EJS in March, 191 got closed off on the south end of town because of a foot of snow. The day before was in the mid-60's.
I am waiting until late April this year to go out. Much warmer weather.
[COLOR="Silver"]'84 Bobbed -8, LT-1, TH400, STaK 3 speed, front 60 with Detroit/35 spline shafts, rear 14 bolt with detroit, garage built rear four link, front radius arm, 42" TSLs on locked Racelines, PSC assist, WARN 8274, lots of plating.
'82 -'8 As stock as it gets...[/COLOR]
Kaiser5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 2447
Send a message via AIM to Greg@RME
The week after EJS shouldn't be too crowded, but you will see other people out on the trails. It's pretty popular for the local crowd to go down before & after EJS. Like previously mentoned, the weather that time of year can be very unpredicitable. Prepare for the worst, bring jackets other cold weather gear.

Utah's Rock Crawling & Offroad Forum

Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 89925
thats when i went the weather was great it rained once for 10 minutes of downpour and it wasnt busy but it wasnt dead either. it was great i want to go again this year
njjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Union Fab Works

Member # 21939
Send a message via AIM to carwash Send a message via Yahoo to carwash
anything's gotta be better than going in the middle of August... last time there is was 416 degrees in the shade...

honestly, it hit 115 on the trail for two of the days... thought i was going to expire...

but oh yeah, it's a dry heat... hehehe.

i will do ejs someday... but it wont be the next time im there.
carwash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2008, 09:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 15771
Send a message via ICQ to tanzuki Send a message via AIM to tanzuki Send a message via Yahoo to tanzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by carwash View Post
anything's gotta be better than going in the middle of August... last time there is was 416 degrees in the shade...

honestly, it hit 115 on the trail for two of the days... thought i was going to expire...

but oh yeah, it's a dry heat... hehehe.

i will do ejs someday... but it wont be the next time im there.
Sound kinda like the last time I was there...4th of july
Old 02-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 14707
when is ejs???? i know i'm retarded!
'87k5 swapped in blown 2.8, th350, 208, 12" suspension lift, custom 5" body lift, ARB locked 10 bolts f/r w/ 2.73's, 49" irocks... never rub = I'M HARDCORE!!! goes anywhere, never been stuck. still rockin despite the hate...you're all just jealous
reeser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2008, 12:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 98189
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeser View Post
when is ejs???? i know i'm retarded!
Easter Jeep Safari I would say it's probably around Easter!
i bet at sumbitch rite ther would come up money hill slangin lugs off walkin' the cam like "RAAA..AHAAAA...AHAHAHNNAAAAA" and then get hung up on the chunk and be like RAAAANAANANAANAAAA POW!!!! and some chick would pass out from a airborne orgasm!!!

holler!!!
russellmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2008, 11:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 2155
I almost would wait a little longer than a week, everybody that wants to miss EJS goes the week before or the week after. Weather later in the month will be nicer, but then again wait 5 minutes it will change. I was there in Sept (hot)and last April and missed all the crowds, which is more enjoyable. Most campsites or motels are cheaper and plenty empty. No gas lines, no food lines, and no trail congestion! If Your coming so far to do the Moab thing, make it as easy on yourselves as possible and wait just a little longer for the action to fade off. I've only done EJS once back in '03, and that was enough for me.
2003 Ram 2500

[QUOTE=crash;14682871]I see a bunch of vaginalistic pussy assed fawktards............[/QUOTE]
MT-Toy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2008, 11:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 21191
My rig is under construction now, but my wifes still runs, that being said i would encourage you to leave a day early and come over to Grand Junciton on your way back and hit up Billings and 21 road. Junction is right off I-70 and only 90 miles from moab heading back east. It would also be worth it to go down to Montrose, another 60 miles from junction and hit up some of the trails down there, like cactus, die trying etc....I've seen your rig....you will ENJOY that stuff for sure.

As for the weather, i agree, i would wait till mid april, that's about PRIME time 75* and sunny out there. Late march is a bit of a gamble...could be snow, could be 50*. if a warm front moves in, it could be 75.

Last edited by wallysheata; 02-09-2008 at 11:02 AM.
wallysheata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 39376
Bring shorts and parkas!

Have a blast! I think it is awesome that you get to go!
I used to live in the midwest and now live 2 hrs from Moab and 1.5 hrs from Montrose! Perfect. My freinds back there that run around in the mud just can't get the perspective of what the wheeling is like out here. Enjoy your trip!
Old 02-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 12991
Send a message via AIM to 74_Chevota
School or go out west....school....go out west....hmmmmmm
Old 02-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 8568
Like stated Easter is mid-late march this year. Weather is really min by min this time of year, even now. 60* at 1pm then at 3 it’s snowing or flash flood raining. IMO Late April and May are the best time to go. Last year was amazing weather; warm and sunny the whole 10 days year before, snow, remember 05? Crazy ass rain, Upper Heldorado was a running river!
Crowds are going to be mild the week after most likely, then increasing for Cruise Moab and April is when the tourism season really starts.
If you hit the western Colorado trails, 21 road can turn into a river that time of year due to runoff but very much worth hitting. Billing’s is really only good if it’s snowy to make it challenging, it’s to easy now when it’s dry. Montrose will likely still have snow pack on it till Mid April.

KOH 2009 Team 435
KOH 2010, 2011,2012,2013,2014, 2015 Team 4431
EMC 4619 2014,2015,2016
TLCA# 5305

Last edited by RustyNailJustin; 02-09-2008 at 11:39 AM.
RustyNailJustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 20092
Hot Rod weekend- April 22-25.

Should be nice and no one on the trails. We even rented a nice little house and the rates were reasonable, but still a little higher than normal. Still less than EJS time. I seriously doubt we will ever go back during EJS. It's just stupid busy. I want to wheel, not sit in some line of 50+ rigs flailing on some easy obstacle that most normally drive right up. I just don't have the patience for that anymore.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 8568
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock-rod View Post
Hot Rod weekend- April 22-25.

Should be nice and no one on the trails. We even rented a nice little house and the rates were reasonable, but still a little higher than normal. Still less than EJS time. I seriously doubt we will ever go back during EJS. It's just stupid busy. I want to wheel, not sit in some line of 50+ rigs flailing on some easy obstacle that most normally drive right up. I just don't have the patience for that anymore.
I use to feel the same way about EJS. For the last few years I have just played the game right down there. Want to hit a popular trail thats tough to get by people? Say Pritchett, Hit it early, or in the evening, hell make it a night run. Another thing to do is come down early in the week hit everything you want to hit when the crowds are not so bad. Then enjoy the rest of the week checking out the stuff at Spanish Trail, go out to BFE for the day and play around, night wheel to live music. EJS has a lot to offer I think. The crowds use to bother me now I just work around them

KOH 2009 Team 435
KOH 2010, 2011,2012,2013,2014, 2015 Team 4431
EMC 4619 2014,2015,2016
TLCA# 5305
RustyNailJustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2008, 07:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 14780
looks like the plan is to leave here at noon on the 21st. drive straight through toi Moab and check into the condo. Go see the XRRA race sat morning. Wheel till thursday night and haul ass home. Gonna be fun!

and Sam, you need to go with us!

new buggy

save tellico post #830

Last edited by 35xj; 02-09-2008 at 08:04 PM.
35xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in