Superior's reply to my e mail - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 07:26 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 75292
Superior's reply to my e mail

So before I decided to order GM D60 35 spline ALLOYUSA axles from Machinewave I e mailed Superior Axle. By the time I herd back from them I had already ordered my ALLOYUSA's, here is the reply from them. I never replied back, cause I just dont care to. Its just funny how they are unaware of the apparent shortage of axles. My original e mail is not here but I just inquired about a set of shafts. My reply to his first reply is below just telling him thanks but I decided to order elsewere. I like the comment about replacing the axles in the Royal Families JK Wranglers.

So send comments to MIke Denton, he wants to hear from us.

Robert,

Not knowing what you are working on, that is a very broad statement from your side. All manufacturers have lead-time issues from time to time.

Good luck with the India made shafts, as all other "manufacturers" shafts come from there. We manufacture our axles here in America with a lifetime warranty. Not sure what negative press you are talking about, but we will be here when you break. Please forward the negative press and lead-time issues you are talking about to my attention.

As for the delay on getting back to you, I was in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates installing axles and gears in the royal families six JK Wranglers last week. Just got in last night. Attached is a picture of one of there rigs. That is me on the left in front of the Princess' JK. It is a very good knowing our axles are the product of choice around the world.

Looking forward to your specific feedback so I can address the issues you brought up about our company. Superior Axle & Gear did not get where it is at by making inferior product, so I take your comments very seriously.

Regards,

Mike Denton
Vice President
Superior Axle & Gear
X209

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 12:22 PM
To: Michael Denton Jr
Subject: RE: Dana 60 axles

Thanks but I have already ordered axles. Due to the negative press I have herd about lead time and warenty issues I have went with another axle manufacturer. Sorry, and thank you.

Robert

Michael Denton Jr <[email protected]> wrote:
Robert,

What parts are you looking for?

Mike

Last edited by 1TON73K5; 03-15-2008 at 07:30 AM.
1TON73K5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 07:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 80590
like i said..... SUPERIOR is swinging off the balls of all JK owners.

Last edited by intheworks; 03-15-2008 at 07:58 AM.
intheworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2008, 07:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 30164
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TON73K5 View Post
<snip> Please forward the negative press and lead-time issues you are talking about to my attention. <snip>

Yep here is a reply from a vendor on the superior shafts I was ready to buy.

Re: Superior Shafts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superior EVO series not available right now...

[CENTER][SIZE="5"]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/SIZE][/CENTER]
BadAssXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Moderating Midget

Member # 1154
Send a message via AIM to wngrog
???

If you expect respect from a manufacturer, you shoud try to use proper english when corresponding with them.

Superior D60 shafts are the measure that other shafts try to live up to. Granted they are had to get, but they are the strongest I have seen. Like he said, you get what you pay for IMO.

Again ???, what is the purpose of this post?
1984 FJ-60
2013 RZR-XP4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USAF Veteran 1988-1998 GOD Bless America
wngrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 08:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 75292
Quote:
Originally Posted by wngrog View Post
???

If you expect respect from a manufacturer, you shoud try to use proper english when corresponding with them.

Superior D60 shafts are the measure that other shafts try to live up to. Granted they are had to get, but they are the strongest I have seen. Like he said, you get what you pay for IMO.

Again ???, what is the purpose of this post?

Quote: "Granted they are "had" to get," End Quote. Talk about proper English . No real purpose other then to show he thinks his product has no "issues". Well, shipping, lead time is a HUGE ISSUE. I dont care how GOOD a product is if you cant get it, its no better then other parts of "lesser quality" like the Yukons, ALLOYUSA axles. Sure Superior is the standard but guys having to wait months is crap.

And Im not expecting to "get respect" I could give a crap what this dude, or you thinks.

Last edited by 1TON73K5; 03-15-2008 at 08:04 AM.
1TON73K5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Moderating Midget

Member # 1154
Send a message via AIM to wngrog
Quote:
Quote: "Granted they are "had" to get," End Quote. Talk about proper English . No real purpose other then to show he thinks his product has no "issues". Well, shipping, lead time is a HUGE ISSUE. I dont care how GOOD a product is if you cant get it, its no better then other parts of "lesser quality" like the Yukons, ALLOYUSA axles. Sure Superior is the standard but guys having to wait months is crap.

And Im not expecting to "get respect" I could give a crap what this dude, or you thinks.
Sorry I misspelled that word...typing one handed on my mobile phone....driving.....picking my nose....it's complicated

Looks like the free market takes care of itself then, doesn't it? They missed the sale.

I still don't understand the purpose of your post/rant. The money and volume is obviously in the JK market or they would not spend so much time there versus the 1 ton market.
1984 FJ-60
2013 RZR-XP4

USAF Veteran 1988-1998 GOD Bless America
wngrog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 08:59 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 17605
Quote:
Quote: Well, shipping, lead time is a HUGE ISSUE. I dont care how GOOD a product is if you cant get it, its no better then other parts of "lesser quality" like the Yukons, ALLOYUSA axles. Sure Superior is the standard but guys having to wait months is crap.

Well, I for 1 would rather wait, and not have to rely on the "Warranty." IMHO it is worth the wait for the piece of mind of having true quality pieces in my rig, not some well marketed import crap..
Murfman1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 80590
Quote:
Originally Posted by wngrog View Post
I still don't understand the purpose of your post/rant. The money and volume is obviously in the JK market or they would not spend so much time there versus the 1 ton market.
the purpose of this is to set fire under the asses of superior.

i talked to many companies this week. your saying yourself superior is focused on products for JK's. which is GAY! and a slap in the face for all 1ton people. in three years when jk's are dead and all us 1 ton guys are still buying shafts. i still woudlnt go with superior just cause how unrealiable they customer service is and ther lack of care for our market place. there basically saying screw everybody else were going to do what makes us the most money.

Last edited by intheworks; 03-15-2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by intheworks View Post
the purpose of this is to set fire under the asses of superior.

i talked to many companies this week. your saying yourself superior is focused on products for JK's. which is GAY! and a slap in the face for all 1ton people. in three years when jk's are dead and all us 1 ton guys are still buying shafts. i still woudlnt go with superior just cause how unrealiable they customer service is and ther lack of care for our market place.
You make a range of assumptions that have little to do with reality. The demand for JK stuff is high because that segment of the axle market is not as developed because the JK is only two years in.

If they didn't care about the market place, they wouldn't make 60 stuff, would they?

1 ton stuff is great and all that, but if you think the JK's will be dead in 3 years, you're fairly clueless. That vehicle already has more aftermarket stuff on the shelf for it than any other Jeep out there in the same time frame.

Regardless though, MD Jr should have told the rest of the story. He was in Dubai with the owner of an offroad shop here in the US and was on his own personal time. His relating of that to you should have been along the same lines as anyone's personal vacation time and not connected to anything that had to do with Superior and he should have be more clear about that.

Besides, only a company that is brain dead fails to respond to the market and what's it's asking for. You don't start building and developing products unless it's needed.

Quote:
there basically saying screw everybody else were going to do what makes us the most money.
Ever been in business? Unless it's a hobby and you don't care about staying in business, you do sorta need to sell what makes money. If you don't, it's hard to keep the lights on.
mrblaine is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 4878
Send a message via ICQ to Travis Waldher Send a message via MSN to Travis Waldher Send a message via Yahoo to Travis Waldher
It doesn't matter how good a product is if you can't get it. IF Superior has chosen to focus on the JK market and ignore the others, hopefully they understand they are potentially loosing business temporarily or permanently.

Judging by that email it seems that Denton is a dumbass anyway. Can't get back to him? What, the internet suddenly stops working on the other side of the planet? And what's with trashing the other vendor's products, that's a bit unprofessional?

Last edited by Travis Waldher; 03-15-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Travis Waldher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 10:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 80590
you must be one of those ball swingers i speak of. or own a JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
You make a range of assumptions that have little to do with reality. The demand for JK stuff is high because that segment of the axle market is not as developed because the JK is only two years in.

If they didn't care about the market place, they wouldn't make 60 stuff, would they?

1 ton stuff is great and all that, but if you think the JK's will be dead in 3 years, you're fairly clueless. That vehicle already has more aftermarket stuff on the shelf for it than any other Jeep out there in the same time frame.

Regardless though, MD Jr should have told the rest of the story. He was in Dubai with the owner of an offroad shop here in the US and was on his own personal time. His relating of that to you should have been along the same lines as anyone's personal vacation time and not connected to anything that had to do with Superior and he should have be more clear about that.

Besides, only a company that is brain dead fails to respond to the market and what's it's asking for. You don't start building and developing products unless it's needed.

Ever been in business? Unless it's a hobby and you don't care about staying in business, you do sorta need to sell what makes money. If you don't, it's hard to keep the lights on.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 5286
Send a message via Yahoo to Jason M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murfman1967 View Post
Well, I for 1 would rather wait, and not have to rely on the "Warranty." IMHO it is worth the wait for the piece of mind of having true quality pieces in my rig, not some well marketed import crap..
I am curious, if it takes a while just to buy a superior shaft. how long does it take to warranty one???

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RECENT ORDER FROM OUR SEX TOYS WEBSITE.

YOU'VE REQUESTED THE LARGE RED VIBRATOR AS FEATURED ON OUR WALL DISPLAY.

PLEASE SELECT ANOTHER ITEM.

THAT'S OUR FIRE EXTINGUISHER
Jason M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 10:34 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 4878
Send a message via ICQ to Travis Waldher Send a message via MSN to Travis Waldher Send a message via Yahoo to Travis Waldher
Quote:
No, he's right.

If the JK market is big enough to rake the money in, they will rightfully chase after that.

If they choose to let their other product lines fall behind on stock, then that's their choice and you as a customer either have to accept that or move on to another supplier.

What is bullshit is Denton's level of customer service. It's not wise to ignore your long time consumer base in favor of a new customer. Which is what it appears they have done.

It's also not professional to trash another vendor's product in any conversation with a customer.

Because of the last two items I mentioned (not the first), when the day comes I need to buy hardened shafts, superior will be the last on my list.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 25349
Send a message via AIM to mondtster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Waldher View Post
Judging by that email it seems that Denton is a dumbass anyway. Can't get back to him? What, the internet suddenly stops working on the other side of the planet? And what's with trashing the other vendor's products, that's a bit unprofessional?
Just curious, but would you respond to work related emails while you were on your personal vacation (I'm assuming that this was truly the case here)? I know I wouldn't.

I do agree that the trashing of other vendors is a bit uncalled for and unprofessional, but I suspect that there was possibly more correspondence that occurred between the two individuals prior to what we have seen here that irritated him.
mondtster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 72707
what i find funny is Superior says that all its shafts are made in america and that the "other" guys get theirs from India. The owner of Alloy USA used to work at/own part of superior (I dont know which). Either way, when superior was refusing to cover shafts under warranty from some guys I wheel with I spent a lot of time talking to the owner of alloy and he said that only some of their axles are made in the usa and they also import a lot of axles from india...

whatever. Alloy USA said if I want to run 49's on a dana 44 with his shafts, he will warranty them every weekend when I brake them. Told me his logic is if you are running the wrong size axle, you will get tired of breaking on the trail and get the right size axle in there, but either way, he will replace his product if it breaks, no questions asked, no matter what.

No one else offers service like that.
X-Rated is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 10:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
Back to Basics

Member # 101869
Interesting post. I have been talking with all the major axle companies and have a question you guys can probably answer. Not too long ago I bought custom length Superior shafts and have never had any issues with them. Building another diff and need more custom lengths, but they told me they no longer sell custom lengths. What have you guys found on this? I talked with Yukon reps from various companies as well. No custom lengths. The only one that I found is Alloy. Guys here are breaking Yukons left and right. Not sure about Alloy other than they are imports.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

I have to agree that I would rather wait for a Superior axle than put an inferior axle in only to have it break over and over. Doesn't matter if it's fully warranteed if it keeps breaking and leaving me stranded. I totally agree though that Superior is dropping the ball if they aren't addressing customer service feedback with the highest priority! But, this has NOT been my experience. They have been responsive and they always call me back. Sucks they won't make custom lengths.

Last edited by MidnightBurn; 03-15-2008 at 10:59 AM.
MidnightBurn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 10:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4375
Quote:
Do you always struggle with communication?

You said they were swinging off the balls of all JK owners.

Where is the "or" you speak of?

But, just to make you happy, I don't own, nor do I build products for JK's.

Doesn't matter. I told you why he was out of the country and why he should have kept what he did on his personal vacation time to himself and not connected it to Superior.

Do what you will with the info.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 25349
Send a message via AIM to mondtster
Quote:
No, he's right.

If the JK market is big enough to rake the money in, they will rightfully chase after that.

If they choose to let their other product lines fall behind on stock, then that's their choice and you as a customer either have to accept that or move on to another supplier.

What is bullshit is Denton's level of customer service. It's not wise to ignore your long time consumer base in favor of a new customer. Which is what it appears they have done.

It's also not professional to trash another vendor's product in any conversation with a customer.

Because of the last two items I mentioned (not the first), when the day comes I need to buy hardened shafts, superior will be the last on my list.
x2.

It is amazing to me how many people don't understand how businesses need to operate in order to survive.
mondtster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Member # 4878
If he was on vacation, he should have had someone making sure customers were being taken care of.

But, I may not know what I'm talking about. I've only been in one form of the customer service business or another for over 15 years now.

Last edited by Travis Waldher; 03-15-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 31848
Send a message via AIM to XJ_ranger
I run superiors after breaking Yukons...

I havent broken the superiors yet...

I got them from PolyPerformance and Northridge4x4

Northridge took like 4 months or whatever to get them to me, but that was the lead time from superior...

:shrug: They work for me, and I'm happy with them...

Im also happy with my Warn shafts that I got from machinewave and got them the next week to go wheeling...

so - if you dont like how a company is run, dont buy their product... If you buy yukon shafts - please be behind me on the trail... I already payed to learn that lesson...

Wanna be rock crawler guy #91 in a Blue XJFireWallBuggy.
XJ_ranger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #21 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4375
Quote:
It doesn't matter how good a product is if you can't get it. IF Superior has chosen to focus on the JK market and ignore the others, hopefully they understand they are potentially loosing business temporarily or permanently.
The problem with what you just said is that 98 percent of the folks who read it will miss the "if". You are correct, but I could say that if you suck dick, you might be gay and it's about as accurate as your statements even though they are just hypothetical.

Why make the connection if you don't have the experiences to back it up?

Quote:
I needed some info from him while he was over there and couldn't get it either. I got the same BS excuse upon his return.

No, trashing other Vendor's products while you work at a company as the VP of sales and marketing is a lot unprofessional.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 4375
Quote:
If he was on vacation, he should have had someone making sure customers were being taken care of.

But, I may not know what I'm talking about. I've only been in one form of the customer service business or another for over 15 years now.
Yes he should have.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 4878
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The problem with what you just said is that 98 percent of the folks who read it will miss the "if". You are correct, but I could say that if you suck dick, you might be gay and it's about as accurate as your statements even though they are just hypothetical.

Why make the connection if you don't have the experiences to back it up?
I said "if" only because I've read a couple stories about long backorders from superior but not personal experience.

Perhaps if I made it bold and big next time people will read it?

I could be more direct on that email because there was enough there to draw a reasonable conclusion and opinion. Assuming of course the email wasn't modified. It would have been nice if the OP had left the dates in to get an idea of how long it was between replies. I'm assuming it wasn't 3 months.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
pro web-wheeler

Member # 12217
Order a set of CTM axles today...see how long it takes to get them. Sometimes the quality is worth the wait. And considering the difference between the qualities, it's no wonder they are backordered with demand being so high and them being one the few (if that) companies doing these axles right...that is unless you wanna step up to CTM's...and still have to wait.
RedBullJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #25 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 69640
Send a message via AIM to dragoonranch
I think some of you are missing the point of the OP. If you have had bad experiences with trying to deal w/ or buy Superior products, he is giving you the e-mail address of the person there that wants to hear about it. If all you do is bitch about it here on the pbb, then you will never get it fixed. It matters to me not one bit, as I just got a set of Long's D60 CV shafts.

TTC 2010 here we come!
Thanks to all who voted for us, we are gonna put on one hellufa show!

AMSOIL Your last stop for all your Automotive Synthetic Lubricant needs.
Please PM me for quotes or questions.

Last edited by dragoonranch; 03-15-2008 at 11:01 AM.
dragoonranch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in