Pirate 4x4 banner

RubberBelly Racing 09 KOH LCQ/Stock Mod rebuild

44K views 229 replies 52 participants last post by  inphobic 
#1 · (Edited)
Well with KOH 09 about 11 weeks or so away we figured we had better get started.
We are taking our Stock Mod Tracker to run in the KOH LCQ and we will do our best to make the BIG show as well.

Our plans are a new body, cage, minor suspension tweeks (I know it needs major tweeks), Grand Vitara 2.0l to replace the 1.6l, three speed auto to replace the 5spd(should be leaving for Jimmy's 4x4 this week), and custom 2500 rpm conv. Thats the main stuff. Here are a few pics, it has been put aside for the week while I get my rec rig ready for Wheeling for Toys and Kansas Rocks Park this weekend so new pics will be another week out or so.

Jake (Crawling driver KOH co-driver) on the left, Adam (crew member on the right)

Dubler to 300 and 3speed auto

Old harness

I think something is missing.

What a mess

Looking better

See less See more
#45 ·
A couple more pictures, we have been working on making and mounting the shifters, door bars, seat mounts, rockers, and some other little stuff. Our harness is in the works at Trail Tough and the trans is at Jimmy's, we have some parts showing up in the next day or two so we should be getting the shifters, sheet metal, bump stops, radiator mounts and brakes done pretty soon. We are hoping to have it tore down and painted and starting to
re-assemble by the end of the month so when the trans shows up we can put it in and shake the car down before we leave.

Scott

#47 · (Edited)
Jon,
Thanks, a good bit of time was spent designing a cage that looks like a factory Tracker top. The space between the two b-pillars will be skined to look like the large single b-pillar from a Tracker. As for window nets, they will be custom made to fit the window openings. We are going to skin the lower portion of the door opening with Lexan.

#49 ·
Where the hell are the damn updates! Your all a bunch of slackers, you should know nothing is more important than keeping your build thread updated. :D

My next "little" project, going to have to get your rig all modeled up!

#50 · (Edited)
Not too much stuff that makes the car look different just lots of little things have been getting done. It is torn down for paint right now, we are shooting it this weekend. We are hoping to do a shake down run the 7th and 8th.

Scott

#51 · (Edited)
Paint is done other than the cage it still has some fab work to be done. We are waitng on some parts to finish it. It is a little farther together than the pictures show but not by much.

Scott

The body panels sitting on my 68 Commando

#61 ·
Feels pretty good, with the 16v 1.6, 5 spd, and 11:1 in the cases the car would leave good but not really go any where. Now with the 2.0, 3spd auto and 4.71 in the cases it leaves good and keeps going.

Scott

#63 ·
Got out and did some testing yesturday. It's rough at speed and will definatly need a tire hanging off the back to help settle the rear down but overall the new power and auto trans is going to be great! Definately want to thank the Jimmy's 4x4 crew for all of thier help with the transmission. GREAT people to deal with!
Thanks guys! Jake

#66 ·
We are working towards getting second gear to stay in second when we put it there. Still don't have it all worked out yet but Jim thinks he has a handle on it. Not sure what else he did to the trans while he had it out but I know he has spent quite a bit if time dialing it in for us. Give him a call when you get close. Great guy to work with and I am sure he can hook you up with everything that was done to ours for not much more than a standard rebuild.
Jake

#68 ·
No new pictures, sorry.

The Tracker needs a horn, oil change, GPS mount, and stickers then onto the trailer. The truck and trailer are done and ready. We should be finished with the rig by Tuesday night. We are taking a break from working on things today. We will gets some pics of the finished car before we leave.

Scott

#70 ·
So if Jerome is on the computer I should pack skis for my trip to hell.

#71 ·
You guys kick ass. Wish I was going to be there to cheer you guys on but saving money for the new rig. :D

#72 ·
Thanks Kurt I wish you could be there also. See you at East #2.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.